This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion 1945 - 1998 by Isao Hashimoto

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLCF7vPanrY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLCF7vPanrY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion 1945 - 1998 by Isao Hashimoto

The results of this study are probably indicative of other highly radiated geography.

Cent Eur J Public Health. 2010 Sep;18(3):157-60.
    Recent epidemiological results of thyroid cancer in the most radiated territory in Poland.

Tukiendorf A, Miszczyk L, McEwan P.
    Cardiff Research Consortium--Capita Health Division, Cardiff, UK.
    Abstract

In this report the authors evaluate epidemiological evidence of thyroid cancer cases in a highly radiated territory in Poland--i.e. in the province of Opole after 1986. The analysis - based on logistic regression modelling of registered thyroid cancer and an ecological covariate (137Cs concentration)--shows differences in incidence in six distinguished radiation zones and two equal periods. The results of this study indicate a significant increase in incidence of thyroid cancer in 1995-2002 in males and in females comparing to the years 1987-1994. Moreover, a considerable rise of incidences has been noticed in the elevated isotope's concentration zones in females across the province in the analyzed periods. The data comprises all the thyroid cancer cases registered in Opole province in the years 1987-2002. The data originated from the Provincial Cancer Registry in Opole. The information on 137Cs concentrations was derived from the Polish Geological Institute in Warsaw. The computation was performed using WinBUGS software.

In this report the authors evaluate epidemiological evidence of thyroid cancer cases in a highly radiated territory in Poland--i.e. in the province of Opole after 1986. The analysis - based on logistic regression modelling of registered thyroid cancer and an ecological covariate (137Cs concentration …

Comment

Re: A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion 1945 - 1998 by Isao Hashimoto

Please see:

Evidence of children's vulnerability to radiation in the context of radiological/nuclear events and considerations for emergency response.

Comment

Working...
      X