• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan 2015: Death toll from flash floods rises to 169

2014 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...l-rises-to-274

Death toll from Pakistan flash floods rises to 118
    Associated Press
    2 hours ago

ISLAMABAD (AP) ? The death toll from flash floods triggered by seasonal monsoon rains in various parts of Pakistan has risen to 118 and floodwater has inundated vast areas, leaving tens of thousands homeless, authorities said Monday.

The National Disaster Management Authority said the flooding has affected more than 800,000 people in 2,275 villages. About 2,900 houses have collapsed or are partially damaged.

The northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province is the worst affected, with 59 deaths reported there, according to NDMA's statement. The Pakistani part of Kashmir and southern part of eastern Punjab province each reported 22 deaths.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Death toll in Pakistan floods rises to 151
    Published August 4th, 2015 - 18:04 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Floods triggered by monsoon rains have killed at least 151 people in Pakistan, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) said on Tuesday.

The flooding started in mid-July after heavy downpours.

According to the NDMA, up to 77 people were killed in the northwestern province of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and 32 in the eastern province in Punjab.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Death toll from Pakistan floods rises to 169

August 6, 2015 3:02PM ET

Monthlong flooding in Pakistan has so far killed 169 people, the country?s National Disaster Management Authority said Thursday, as rescuers continued to use helicopters and boats to transfer stranded residents to higher ground.

The majority of flood-related deaths ? 79 ? were reported in the country?s northwest, the authority said in a statement. An additional 48 victims were killed in the eastern Punjab province.

This week floodwaters submerged hundreds of villages, the authority said, adding that rescuers have evacuated nearly 800,000 people. The floods, which began in early July, have affected more than 1 million people, Pakistani newspaper The Express Tribune reported.

Comment

Working...
      X