X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal : Diarrhoea 2014

Diarrhoea claims four in Rukum
    RUKUM, JAN 26 -
    Eleven-months-old Hemraj Khadka, of Khalanga VDC-2, four-months-old, Ashish Khadka, of Khara VDC-4, eleven-months-old, Bikram KC, of Khalanga VDC-6, and one-year-old Binod Rokka were among the dead.

Binod died on Friday, Hemraj and Bikram on Saturday, and Ashish on Sunday morning, Chief of the Hospital, Dr. Bhojraj Gautam, said. The children died of cold and diarrhoea coupled with pneumonia, he added.

Rukum under grip of diarrhoea

Four children have died? more falling sick
    Added At: 2014-01-29 11:42 PM Last Updated At: 2014-01-29 11:42 PM

Dr Bhojraj Gautam, chief of the hospital, said around 50 diarrhoea patients have been visiting the hospital daily of late.

?Four children died before the outbreak was confirmed,? said Dr Gautam. ?Most of the children were found to be suffering from respiratory problems and some had eye ailments,? he added. ?What is more worrisome is people have failed to understand the gravity of the situation. They seem to be reluctant to bring their children to hospital. Patients must be brought for treatment as soon as they develop the symptoms.? A team of health workers from the Department of Health Services and the World Health Organisation has already reached Rukum to take stock of the situation. About two years ago, a diarrhoea outbreak, first seen in Jajarkot, had spread to Rukum, claiming more than 60 lives.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Nepal : Diarrhoea 2014

Diarrhoea uncontrolled

Added At: 2014-02-04 11:27 PM Last Updated At: 2014-02-04 11:27 PM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
    RUKUM: With diarrhoea cases among kids below the age of one increasing in Rukum, the district hospital has sought help from the centre.

In the past two weeks, diarrhoea has claimed four lives. ?Despite our all-out effort, it is spreading,? said Dr Bhojraj Gautam of the district hospital, adding that they have sought medicine and more health workers from the centre. ?Earlier, three or four kids used to be affected, but nowadays the number of kids visiting the hospital has grown three to four times,? said Gautam, expressing fear the disease could worsen as it has already gripped 17 VDCs.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Elderly dies as diarrhoea breaks out in remote Rukum village
      Added At: 2014-02-07 4:31 PM Last Updated At: 2014-02-07 4:31 PM

THT ONLINE
      RUKUM: An elderly has died in Naduwa of Magma VDC here, due to diarrhoea. 65-year-old Shree Kushari, who was suffering from diarrhoea for the past couple of days, breathed his last on Friday at his own house.

According to a local Ganesh Khanal, the nearest health facility from the residence of Kushari in Naduwa is at the distance of one day. ?There was no one in his home to take him to the hospital,? Khanal said. ?Kushari had been living with his wife only.?

Comment

2yo child dies of diarrhea? outbreak feared

Added At: 2014-04-09 1:29 PM Last Updated At: 2014-04-09 1:29 PM

TEKENDRA DEUBA
        DIPAYAL: A child died and a dozen were taken ill due to an outbreak of diarrhea at Gaguda VDC of Doti.

The deceased has been identified as two-year-old Binod Khadka of Phulaut, Khirsain VDC. He died while he had gone to his maternal uncle's house yesterday.
        - See more at: http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/ful....OoOOE8Cu.dpuf

Comment

Diarrhoea epidemic haunts Makawanpur village; 12yo dies

Added At: 2014-05-21 5:21 PM Last Updated At: 2014-05-21 5:21 PM

PRAKASH DAHAL
          more than 100 persons were infected with the disease in the village since Monday.
          HETAUDA: A 12-year-old girl died while more than 100 persons have been infected with diarrhoea in Dhiyal village of Makawanpur district.

Moisangmaya Syangtan of Morange, Dhiyal-6 died of the disease Tuesday.
          - See more at: http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/ful....sgWokpyp.dpuf

Comment

One succumbs to diarrhoea in rautahat
            Chandranigahapur (Rautahat), May 20: print

A teenager died after the epidemic of diarrhoea and vomiting and cholera resurfaced in Gaidatar of Chandrapur municipality-2.
            As of Monday afternoon, 531 people suffering from diarrhoea and vomiting underwent medical examination and received treatment, according to the Office. ...
            - See more at: http://setopati.net/society/1701/One....fiSLV6yS.dpuf

Comment

Diarrhoea claims life in Bajura

Added At: 2014-06-02 12:14 AM Last Updated At: 2014-06-02 12:14 AM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
              BAJURA: An elderly woman died due to diarrhoea at Martadi VDC in Bajura yesterday.

The deceased has been identified as Shova Dhami, 65. She had been suffering from diarrhoea for the last two days. She died on the way to Chutti Health Post, which is 30 minutes walk from her house.The deceased?s kin Nar Dhami said she could have been saved if she had received timely medical treatment.

According to district health office, cases of seasonal aliments have gone up in all health facilities in the district in the last one week.

- See more at: http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/ful....cIr2GVRG.dpuf

Comment

Source: http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/ful...&NewsID=416935

Diarrhoea in Dhiyal? Sindhuli
                Added At: 2014-06-02 11:42 PM
                Last Updated At: 2014-06-02 11:42 PM
                HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE

HETAUDA/SINDHULIMADI: Diarrhoea outbreak has resurfaced in Dhiyal VDC of Makawanpur district in less than two weeks.

The disease had been contained for a few days after its outbreak in the rural area in mid-May.

Earlier, twelve-year-old Moisangmaya Syangtang had died of the water-borne disease in the village.

According to District Health Office, 200 people of Dhiyal Wards 6 and 7 are undergoing treatment in different health facilities...

Comment

Source: http://www.ekantipur.com/2014/06/04/...nt/390493.html

Diarrhoea outbreak in Dalit settlement
                  SAPTARI, JUN 04 - Diarrhoea outbreak has gripped a dalit settlement at Terhauta VDC-3 in the district since last few days.

As many as 60 people in the settlement are suffering from diarrhoea...

Comment

Source: http://www.ekantipur.com/2014/06/13/...ur/390838.html

Diarrhoea outbreak spreads further in Makawanpur

HETAUDA, JUN 13 - Diarrhoea has spread in various VDCs and the Hetauda Municipality in Makawanpur district since Thursday, with the rise in mercury and polluted source of drinking water, according to a source from the District Hospital, Hetauda.

As many as 60 diarrhoea patients have been admitted to the hospital since last evening to take medical services after they suddenly began to suffer from disease...

Comment

Child dies from diarrhoea in Achham

Achham, Sept 25: A child succumbed to diarrhoea at Nala VDC-3 in Achham district. Four-year-old Tekendra BK of the same locality who suffered continuous diarrhoea Wednesday died on the way to the Turmakhad Sub Health Post.

Comment

Working...
                      X