• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afri...8#.UuZ4V_ZOmhc

45 hospitalised in diarrhoea outbreak
    January 27 2014 at 02:44pm

Polokwane - At least 45 people were admitted to hospital after contracting diarrhoea in Limpopo, the provincial health department said on Monday.

?Officials were attending a workshop at a lodge when they were taken to hospital, severely affected,? said spokesman Macks Lesufi...

Re: So. Africa: diarrhoea outbreak in Limpopo

Source: http://citizen.co.za/118074/diarrhoe...ed-salmonella/

National 28.1.2014 05.08 pm
    Diarrhoea outbreak caused by Salmonella

Salmonella was the likely cause of a diarrhoea outbreak in Limpopo earlier this week where 42 people were hospitalised, a Sapa correspondent reported on Tuesday...

Comment

Re: Sout. Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Nine W Cape babies die of diarrhoea since November
      Friday 21 February 2014 11:11
      SABC
      Poor hygiene is a direct cause of diarrhoea.
      Darren Francis
      The Western Cape Health Department says at least nine babies have died of diarrhoea since the beginning of the diarrhoea season in November. Diarrhoea season is between November and May.

Health authorities have urged parents and caregivers to take special care of infants and children under the age of five during this period.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: South Africa: Diarrhoea 2014

Bloemhof death toll rises - two more babies die from diarrhoea
        Sapa | 02 June, 2014 08:36

Two more babies have died from diarrhoea in Bloemhof where the water has been contaminated, the North West health department said on Monday.

"One baby was seven-months-old and the other was 13-months-old," said spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane.

The circumstances surrounding their deaths were similar to the first baby that died last Wednesday, he said.

Dozens of residents went to local clinics to be checked out last week following the contamination. Five babies were admitted to hospital for observation.
        Latest news from South Africa, World, Politics, Entertainment and Lifestyle. The home of The Times and Sunday Times newspaper.
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Minister confirms contaminated water caused Bloemhof diarrhoea

South Africa Sunday 1 June 2014 - 5:32pm

Contaminated water has been blamed for a diarrhoea outbreak in the town of Bloemhof in the North West. Picture: eNCA
          BLOEMHOF - Water and sanitation minister Nomvula Mokonyane on Sunday confirmed that contaminated water is behind a diarrhoea outbreak in the town of Bloemhof in the North West.

She confirmed this on a visit to the area.

So far, three babies have died and hundreds have been treated for diarrhoea in the town.
          Water and sanitation minister Nomvula Mokonyane on Sunday confirmed that contaminated water is behind a diarrhoea outbreak in the town of Bloemhof in the North West.

Comment

By Sowetan, Updated: 2014-06-02
            Deadly bacteria suspected to have claimed baby's life
            Water contaminated with the ecoli bacteria is suspected to have caused the death of a child and the illness of residents in Bloemhof.

Boitumelo TshehleNorth West Correspondent

WATER contaminated with the ecoli bacteria is suspected to have caused the death of a child and the illness of residents in Bloemhof, North West.

Last week, nine-month-old Letlhogonolo Sehau died and 300 cases of diarrhoea were reported in the town.

Ecoli is a type of bacteria that normally lives in human and animal intestines.

Provincial health department spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said at the weekend they expected the test results to be released today.

Comment

21 babies admitted to North West hospital for diarrhoea
              Sapa | 03 June, 2014 09:40

A total of 21 babies from Bloemhof, North West, have been admitted to hospital for diarrhoea since last week, the provincial health department said on Tuesday.

Eleven babies had been admitted to Bloemhof hospital, while another 10 had been transferred to bigger hospitals in Klerksdorp and Christiana, spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said.

This follows over 300 people experiencing diarrhoea in the area due to a water contamination that left the town without water last week.
              A total of 21 babies from Bloemhof, North West, have been admitted to hospital for diarrhoea since last week, the provincial health department said on Tuesday. Eleven babies had been admitted to Bloemhof hospital, while another 10 had been transferred to bigger hospitals in Klerksdorp and Christiana, spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said.

Comment

Source: http://www.enca.com/bloemhof-diarrhoea-cases-drop

Bloemhof diarrhoea cases drop
                South Africa
                Sunday 8 June 2014 - 6:03pm

JOHANNESBURG - The number of babies from Bloemhof, North West, who are being admitted to hospital for diarrhoea were drastically reducing, the provincial health department said on Sunday.

"There are only five babies who are being kept for observation," spokesman Tebogo Lekgethwane said...

Comment

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afri...6#.U757TKhpehc

Diarrhoea outbreak in Gauteng
                  July 10 2014 at 11:31am
                  By Kennedy Mudzuli

Pretoria - A probe by the City of Tshwane and the Gauteng Department of Health is under way following an outbreak of diarrhoea in Hammanskraal.

A red flag was raised after the Jubilee Gateway clinic and Temba community health centre in Hammanskraal saw and treated 25 people for the condition last Friday alone.

The situation reached crisis proportions as numbers continued to increase during the weekend, and by Wednesday afternoon 73 had been treated at the same facilities...

Comment

Working...
                  X