Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra-processed Foods and Cardiovascular Diseases: Potential Mechanisms of Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertrand789
    commented on 's reply
    The FAO is composed of eight departments:
    Agriculture and Consumer Protection,
    Climate, Biodiversity,
    Land and Water Department,
    Economic and Social Development,
    Fisheries and Aquaculture,
    Forestry,
    Corporate Services and Technical Cooperation and Programme Management.

the silence of the agriculture and consumer protection department

is not surprising?

Wouldn't there be a very big problem?

• bertrand789
    replied
    Life existed before science. There are many sciences, for some, religions are science, moral.

Obviously, the job is not done.

It seems urgent to me to look at supra-national organizations and their functioning. Since the subject is food, is it the domain of the F.A.O, the O.M.S or the O.I.E?

The right topic to look at is this:

To have use of oxygen and radiology on various animals, I could well say things, but it is scientists who affirm, therefore ...

I will find it more relevant to delve into the normal mechanism, by sex, of becoming immune to the covid or covid.

I say this because I find women bad, very bad. It's a sexist disease, there are a lot of female scientists, but what are they saying?

In particular, what do Chinese scientists say, if they have the right to speak?

Leave a comment:

• Ultra-processed Foods and Cardiovascular Diseases: Potential Mechanisms of Action

03 May 2021

ABSTRACT

Ultra-processed foods are industrially manufactured ready-to-eat or ready-to-heat formulations containing food additives and little or no whole foods, in contrast to processed foods, which are whole foods preserved by traditional techniques such as canning or pickling. Recent epidemiological studies suggest that higher consumption of ultra-processed food is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).

However, epidemiological evidence needs to be corroborated with criteria of biological plausibility. This review summarizes the current evidence on the putative biological mechanisms underlying the associations between ultra-processed foods and CVD. Research ranging from laboratory-based to prospective epidemiological studies and experimental evidence suggest that ultra-processed foods may affect cardiometabolic health through a myriad of mechanisms, beyond the traditionally recognized individual nutrients.

Processing induces significant changes to the food matrix, for which ultra-processed foods may affect health outcomes differently than unrefined whole foods with similar nutritional composition. Notably, the highly degraded physical structure of ultra-processed foods may affect cardiometabolic health by influencing absorption kinetics, satiety, glycemic response, and the gut microbiota composition and function. Food additives and neo-formed contaminants produced during processing may also play a role in CVD risk.

Key biological pathways include altered serum lipid concentrations, modified gut microbiota and host?microbiota interactions, obesity, inflammation, oxidative stress, dysglycemia, insulin resistance, and hypertension. Further research is warranted to clarify the proportional harm associated with the nutritional composition, food additives, physical structure, and other attributes of ultra-processed foods.

Understanding how ultra-processing changes whole foods and through which pathways these foods affect health is a prerequisite for eliminating harmful processing techniques and ingredients.

ABSTRACT. Ultra-processed foods are industrially manufactured ready-to-eat or ready-to-heat formulations containing food additives and little or no whole foods,
Working...
X