Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China - Hong Kong CHP reports 229 Mainland China H7N9 avian flu cases since November 2016, and 1033 total globally - January 24, 2017 - can not quantify at this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - Hong Kong CHP reports 229 Mainland China H7N9 avian flu cases since November 2016, and 1033 total globally - January 24, 2017 - can not quantify at this time

Avian Influenza Report Avian Influenza Report is a weekly report produced by the Respiratory Disease Office, Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health.

snip

This report highlights global avian influenza activity in humans and birds. VOLUME 13, NUMBER 03 Reporting period: January 15, 2017 ? January 21, 2017 (Week 03) (Published on January 24, 2017)

Summary 1. Since the previous issue of Avian Influenza Report (AIR), there were ninety-eight new human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) reported by Mainland China health authorities

in Jiangsu (34 cases), Zhejiang (23 cases), Anhui (14 cases), Guangdong (11 cases), Hunan (7 cases), Fujian (5 cases) and Jiangxi (4 cases). Since March 2013 (as of January 23, 2017),

there were a total of 1033 human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) reported globally. Since November 2016 (as of January 23, 2017), 229 cases have been recorded in Mainland China.

more....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have printed the chart of the H7N9 cases in this report and will try to incorporate onto our case list today. I have made a note on our case list about this report. link

Again, thank you to the Hong CHP for the details on these cases.

Because I reconcile to the provincial and central government reports using their calendar month reports I can not do much with the above information at this time. I will update our case list where I can and save this valuable case information to use at the end of the month when I can reconcile to the calendar reports.

For instance, today Hunan province announced that they have 16 cases including 5 deaths so far for January 2017. link. The Hong Kong reports link , link. link have listed a total of 9 cases, 3 deaths for roughly the same time period. FluTrackers has 13 cases and 5 deaths for January. I will be adding the 3 newly confirmed Hunan cases to our list.

Thank you to the Hong Kong CHP.

Comment

Working...
    X