Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - 2 persons, ages 34 & 65 positive for H7N9 - April 14, 2013

Please see previous thread here.

Henan new confirmed cases of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza in two cases
    Henan two cases of new confirmed cases of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza] Henan Health Department briefing today: Henan Add two cases of human infection with confirmed cases of the H7N9 avian flu. The patients named Ma and Zhang are adult men, one is Kaifeng Weishi County, the chef de cuisine.The other, who now lives in Zhoukou City Chuanhui farmers, more opportunities for contact with poultry.http://news.qq.com/a/20130414/000242.htm
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Re: H7N9, China: Cumulative number of today confirmed and suspected cases (April 13 2013): 6 cases / 0 deaths (Total 49 / 11)

Henan Province, found two cases of human in
    Two patients Henan Province for the first time found that people infected with confirmed cases of the H7N9 avian flu. Currently, Henan Province, the city health department is organizing the active treatment, epidemic prevention and control work orderly manner.   The patients named Ma, male, 34 years old, Kaifeng Weishi County Bridge countryman, chef. April 6, chest tightness, anorexia patients with fever, cough, sputum, etc., to the Weishi County People's Hospital for treatment and hospitalization. April 9, the patihttp://roll.sohu.com/20130414/n372612702.shtml
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

Re: H7N9, China: Cumulative number of today confirmed and suspected cases (April 14 2013): 2 cases / 0 deaths (Total 51 / 11)

Source: http://www.kaixian.tv/R1/n1831603c7.shtml

Henan Province Health Department confirmed two cases of human infection with the H7N9 avian flu cases
      2013-04-14 10:08 Source: China Government Editor: spider comment 0

Share: QQ space Sina microblogging Tencent microblogging everyone CAPE Heart Network

Xinhua News Agency, Zhengzhou, April 14 (Reporter Guo Jiuhui) - Henan Health Department informed the 14th Zhoukou city, this province, Kaifeng each confirmed case of human infection of H7N9 avian influenza.

The patient surnamed Ma Kaifeng City, male, 34 years old, Weishi County, Kaifeng City Bridge countryman, chef. April 6, chest tightness, anorexia patients with fever, cough, sputum, etc., to the Weishi County People's Hospital for treatment and hospitalization. April 9, the patient's symptoms aggravated Huaihe Hospital, Kaifeng, go to "severe pneumonia", a 3-year history of hypertension patients. The patient in critical condition, the the Huaihe Hospital ICU ward active treatment.

Another patient to the the Zhoukou City Chuanhui farmers, 65 years of age. April 8 patients with no obvious incentive fever, cough, sputum, April 10 to Zhoukou City hospital for infectious diseases treatment, admission body temperature of 39 ? C, and a cough, sputum, muscle pain and other symptoms. Active treatment, the patient's condition improved, stable condition.

On the evening of April 11, Henan CDC two cases specimens positive for H7N9 avian influenza virus nucleic acid. April 12, the specimens were sent to China CDC review detection. At 6:00 on April 14th, the Chinese Center for Disease Control Feedback reviewing test results, identified as positive for H7N9 avian influenza virus nucleic acid.
      Based on the patient's clinical manifestations, laboratory testing and epidemiological findings, provincial-level expert group, the overall judgment of human infection of H7N9 avian influenza confirmed cases. Two patients Henan Province for the first time found that people infected with confirmed cases of the H7N9 avian flu.

The survey of 19 close contacts of the two cases, has to take timely measures of medical observation, all close contacts were not unusual.

Henan Health Department again on April 14 of the province's people infected with the H7N9 bird flu prevention and control work full deployment arrangements, either around to continue to strengthen the monitoring of the unexplained cases of pneumonia and influenza-like illness, and take the initiative to search and strive to early discovery, early reporting, early diagnosis, early treatment; urged all localities to make every effort to medical treatment, in accordance with the principle of "concentrated heavy suffering, a pool of experts, pooling of resources, centralized treatment, efforts to reduce the mortality admitted to the hospital; fourth is to strengthen the department information communication, do a good job of epidemic prevention and control work together to strengthen the hospital infection prevention and control to prevent the spread of the epidemic nosocomial;

Currently, not found an epidemiological association between the above two cases. Experts remind individuals to prevent infection of H7N9 avian flu, to maintain good personal hygiene habits. Event of acute respiratory infection symptoms such as fever, cough, high fever, breathing difficulties, especially, should seek immediate medical attention.

: Guo Jiuhui sources Xinhua News Agency)

Comment

Re: H7N9, China: Cumulative number of today confirmed and suspected cases (April 14 2013): 2 cases / 0 deaths (Total 51 / 11)

Location of Henan

[ATTACH]16265[/ATTACH]
        <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
        http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: China - 2 persons, ages 34 &amp; 65 positive for H7N9 - April 14, 2013

Source: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/he..._132307195.htm

H7N9 human infections in China hit 51
          English.news.cn 2013-04-14 10:31:22 ...

...A 34-year-old man surnamed Ma, a restaurant chef in Weishi county of Kaifeng city, displayed flu symptoms from April 6. He is in a critical condition and under ICU treatment in a local hospital.

The other case involves a 65-year-old farmer from Zhoukou who had frequent contacts with poultry in his residence. He is in a stable condition after receiving treatment...

Comment

Two new H7N9 bird flu cases found in central Henan

The H7N9 bird flu virus spread to a new province in China on Sunday, with state media reporting two human cases in central Henan just west of the area where the disease has been centred.

?Two new cases of H7N9 bird flu infection were reported in central China?s Henan province on Sunday,? the Xinhua state news agency said.

The 19 people who had close contact with the two victims in Henan have not shown any flu symptoms, Xinhua reported. One patient, a 34-year-old male chef, remains in critical condition since falling ill on April 6. The other, a 65-year-old male farmer who had regular contact with poultry, has stabilised since developing symptoms last Monday.

Until Saturday, when a seven-year-old girl infected with the virus was reported in the capital of Beijing, all other instances had occurred in the eastern city of Shanghai and nearby Zhejiang, Jiangsu and Anhui provinces hundreds of kilometres away.

The victim in Beijing was the seven-year-old daughter of poultry traders. They have been quarantined for observation but have not shown symptoms so far. The girl's condition has stabilised.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Sunday that it wasn?t surprising that the new strain of bird flu had spread to nation's capital.

It is not the case that everyone confirmed infected with H7N9 was ?clustered in one small area with the same source of exposure,? said Michael O?Leary, head of WHO?s office in China.

?So we?ve been expecting new cases to occur ... Furthermore, we still expect that there will be other cases.?

O?Leary said ?the good news? was that there was still no evidence that humans had passed on the virus to other humans.

The deadly new strain of bird flu has spread further on the mainland, with two people in Henan province confirmed yesterday as infected with H7N9, the first cases in the region.

Comment

Some more info on the 34 yr. old chef and 65 yr. old retiree

Source: http://www.kaixian.tv/R1/n1841663c12.shtml

Kaifeng H7N9 avian flu patients chef specializes do Spicy Chicken
              2013-04-15 04:00 Source: Yahoo! editor: spider comment 0 7 people involved in

Original title: Kaifeng patients chef at doing Spicy Chicken
              Patients received treatment in the Huaihe Hospital

His 34-year-old, working the hotel specializes in chicken and rabbit

The brother said, "A few days ago my brother suddenly received a phone, the phone wheezing cough badly"

"My brother said, 'not in, take me to the hospital to see'

"Both of our distance less than 200 meters, my brother has no ability to come to my house."

Another person Zhoukou City the Chuanhui 65-year-old farmer, more opportunities for contact and poultry

Condition improved, in stable condition

Hospital:

Patients in critical condition with severe respiratory distress

Henan University Huaihe Hospital official said, the patient called Mattei Hill, male, 34 years old, Weishi County chef career, April 9 at noon Emergency transferred to our hospital.

Five days before admission, the patient developed chest tightness, significant activities to ease slightly after the break. Increased chest symptoms three days ago, with cough, sputum, sputum small amount of blood in the sputum. April 8 live in Weishi County People's Hospital for treatment, the local clinic in Weishi County. April 9, his body temperature reached 38.5 ℃, transferred to Huaihe Hospital.

Patients in critical condition, with severe respiratory distress, the doctor asked about medical history and his check, combined with the local laboratory test results to determine this of patients belonging severe pneumonia (possibility of viral pneumonia), acute respiratory distress syndrome.

In view of the critical condition, the hospital immediately convene expert Li Hongbing and Medical Affairs Branch, the control sense Branch staff emergency consultation. 30 minutes after admission, the patient dose tablets antiviral Tamiflu. Hospitals start of human infection with the H7N9 avian flu contingency plans, patient isolation ward treatment.

Yesterday, the Zhengzhou Evening News reporter rushed Kaifeng interview, Huaihe Hospital, Henan University, Kaifeng City Health Bureau, and learn more about the patient's condition. Zhengzhou Evening News reporter Zhang Yudong text / Chart

Patient's brother: "My brother is good at doing the Spicy Chicken"

The Huaihe Hospital wards fourth floor ICU intensive care outdoor reporter saw the patient's brother Makumbi Mountain.

Makumbi Hill said: "A few days ago suddenly received my brother's phone, the phone wheezing, coughing badly, my brother said 'not in, and took me to the hospital to see' In fact, we have two distance less than 200 meters, my brother had already can not afford to come to my house, I took him to our county hospital to begin his own seen the disease in the clinic.

"My brother burden is particularly heavy, a boy and a girl, boy, 2-year-old girl was 4 months.

"He rely cook to feed their families, the hotel is dedicated to cooking chicken and rabbit, my brother is good at doing the Spicy Chicken.

"In the beginning, my parents also came here consumer too expensive, they went back to my mother has high blood pressure can not stand stimulate my dad menfolk afraid stimulus to my mom, he has mounted a very strong sister-in-law at home to take care of children.

"I'm cleaning rented two beds, five dollars a day, a bed, a quilt of a dollar a day.

"When I first arrived, the hospital gave me pumping blood, I do not know what the result should be all right."

The Kaifeng Municipal Health Bureau: the expert group found no spread between people based on

7:20 last night, reporters rushed to the Health Bureau of Kaifeng. Relevant responsible person said, April 12, the Joint Group of Experts of the provinces, municipalities rushed Weishi County, the property of the patient's family members and work to carry out on-site epidemiological investigation, that the cases are sporadic cases, found no human-to-human the basis of communication.

Expert group had close contact with the patient groups to carry out the investigation work to finalize a dozen close contacts, under medical observation, carried out twice daily monitoring of body temperature and symptoms observed, the implementation of the reporting system, at the same time in the patient's home and workplace to carry out disinfection. They have been related epidemiological information to communicate with the livestock sector to carry out traceable work.

The Zhoukou cases, the patient's condition is stable

Yesterday, Zhoukou Daily manuscript provided: Zhoukou City comprehensive judgment review by the Chinese Center for Disease Control, cases of human infection of H7N9 avian influenza confirmed cases. At present, the patient's condition is stable, three close contacts of the isolation period were not unusual.

Patients Zhang, male, 65 years old, farmers, the Chuanhui people, usually more contact with poultry. On the morning of April 8, patients with fever, body temperature, 38 ? C, the symptomatic treatment clinic in a body, the body temperature gradually returned to normal. In the morning of April 10, the patient's temperature again rose to 39 ? C, with cough, sputum, bloody sputum, chills, muscle aches, general weakness and other symptoms at the same time, to the the Zhoukou City People's hospital, suspected human infection of avian influenza, at 11:00 Go Zhoukou City Hospital for Infectious Diseases hospitalizations.

At 6:35 on April 14, the provincial clinical expert group patients according to the Chinese Center for Disease Control feedback Zhang respiratory specimens of human infection with the H7N9 avian influenza virus nucleic acid testing positive results, combined with the clinical manifestations, epidemiological investigation, according to the National Health and Family Planning Commission to formulate the "people infected with H7N9 avian flu (2013), the overall judgment of the cases of human infection of H7N9 avian influenza confirmed cases.

Patients admitted to hospital, hospital to be anti-infection and symptomatic treatment, and later transferred to the ICU ward, give oxygen therapy. After active treatment, the patient's condition improved, stable condition.

(Editor: Ningzhao Gang)

Comment

This article has photos of the 34 yr. old chef in the hospital as well as outside his home.
                Source: http://china.gansudaily.com.cn/syste...13853045.shtml

The first case of infection of H7N9 patients in Henan hometown visits: village roadside liming
                The source: Xinhuanet 2013-04-15 08:15

More human case of bird flu - Daily Gansu network topics

Treated Ma Moumou

Chicken farm (right) from Ma Moumou home (upper left), close to reporter Lee Kang Figure

Chest tightness, cough, sputum, fever and other symptoms to be diagnosed with the H7N9 avian flu, just six days, who lives in the village of Weishi County, Kaifeng City Bridge Township Big Ash Ma Moumou experienced painful turning point in life - - brawny from over 100 kilograms, into a systemic studded catheter, bedridden province's first cases of H7N9 avian influenza in patients with severe. Yesterday, the first time of the Dahe reporters rushed Weishi County, of Ma Moumou work, field visits to places of life.

Chicken farm is disposal of the night

At 13:20 on the April 14, Ma Moumou home - Bridge Township Big Ash village's main entrances, including the village roadside and residential households doorway into pieces, sprinkled with white lime powder.

The night of April 13, the county is home to large locust tree village chicken farmers Ma Quanxing the Big Ash village director Magen Wang said. Produce hunting orders of the county government, the crowd all the killing of more than 1800 hens Ma Quanxing family's chicken farm processing. [B]At the same time, with Ma Moumou had contact with family members, neighbors, and a lot of people in the workplace are blood tests.[B]

Symptoms appear, increasingly heavy

In Ma Quanxing chicken farm north of west at about 20 meters, Ma Moumou home. However, this two-story single hospital yesterday afternoon has been locked doors.

Close contact with Ma Moumou wife Madame Chiang and a pair of children the current situation the including horses parent, including horse family, are not very clear. The 59-year-old horse Father recalls the morning of April 6, Ma Moumou cough, fever, dyspnea However, to gas and other symptoms, no hotels to the county to work, and he also has a few days did not ye eat over 100 kg of fat, the body really could not carry, I send him to the People's Hospital of Weishi county east off.

"Disease not only did not improve, but also exacerbated could barely stand no way, 9th Go Huaihe Hospital Affiliated to Henan University, Kaifeng." Ma said the father.

The hotels of the work of business boss personally kill chickens

16:00 yesterday, located near the Weishi County People's Lu Wei East steel market "Spicy Square Hotel has posted a" bulletin of the interior design business for a few days ". Only boss Mr. Liu with friends gloomily the stuffy wine drinking.

Mr. Liu said, Ma Moumou from February 8, 2013 after the Spring Festival to store work. As only the chef of the hotel, the main do Spicy Chicken, Spicy Rabbit. "First came to the store, he ate all the drugs, and asked him what drugs, he said it is a cold medicine." Mr. Liu said, a few days in April 6, Ma Moumou has emerged gasping, listless, but has been persisted.

According to Mr. Liu, in order to save money, he personally chickens, faded hair, choose the net after handed Ma Moumou. He usually often Houchu hotel disinfected.

Close contact with his staff working full implementation of medical observation

The Kaifeng Close live animal markets, stop cockfighting performances

17:00 yesterday, Henan University Affiliated Huaihe hospital inpatient, 4th Floor ICU ward corridor, Ma Moumou's brother eyes red and swollen and bloodshot. "My brother is in the hospital up to now, I have not met." Ma Moumou brother said that around 16:00 yesterday, experts from all levels of the health sector also came to the ICU ward, consultation of the disease.

Zhang, vice president (Chief Respiratory Department Director), Henan University Huaihe Hospital is responsible for the internal medicine system business, the evening of April 9, Huaihe Hospital emergency department admissions patients. Ma Moumou in critical condition with severe respiratory distress, even the words are not said. Currently, the patient's condition is relatively stable.

Yesterday afternoon, Kaifeng CDC to Dahe reporter informed said close contacts with Ma Moumou health departments to implement all of the medical observation, observed by more than one person to lift.

8:00 last night, Kaifeng municipal government held the H7N9 avian flu prevention and control work will be all kinds of live poultry market shut down with immediate effect within the city, stop the pigeon flying, attractions cockfighting performances and other activities, primary and secondary schools perform morning and afternoon body detection regime. (Big river text / reporter Li Yan Figure / reporter Lee Kang)

Comment

Working...
                X