Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China - "Trend of influenza unstoppable", children seeing doctors is difficult in Dongguan City, Guangdong province

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - "Trend of influenza unstoppable", children seeing doctors is difficult in Dongguan City, Guangdong province

machine translation

Hand, foot and mouth disease, influenza into multiple quarter

2013 05 06, 2011 01:00 Source: Dongguan Times

Recently, Pediatrics took to the circle, you will be able to understand what is overcrowded.

In May, the trend of influenza unstoppable, foot and mouth disease into the high season. Recently, Humen, Dongguan City, Houjie have the clusters of cases of hand, foot and mouth disease. The City CDC experts also reminded the public to pay attention to daily health habits of life, prevention of seasonal diseases.

Last week, Dongguan City Health Bureau guest "Sunshine hotline", users have Tucao their children cough caused by bronchial pneumonia requiring hospitalization, however, took the children removed the South City Hospital, the Guancheng People's Hospital, Tung Wah Hospital hospitals, were told that the pediatric beds.

This occurs, there is a relationship with this time of season disease. Municipal Health Bureau, April and May is the influenza season,(edit: April & May is not flu season in China - it is Jan-Mar s.) children cold, each hospital will be an extra bed, children see a doctor patient may be difficult.

Not only that, from May to July is hand, foot and mouth disease in the high season. Last week, Dongguan Humen, Houjie there are clusters of cases of hand, foot and mouth disease Subsequently, the school has also taken measures for school closure. City CDC, hand, foot and mouth disease this year, significantly lower than the same period last year, However, with the arrival of the high season, the number of cases of hand, foot and mouth disease in the city will further increase, do not rule out the possibility of outbreaks, and even individual death Case case.

The face of influenza, foot and mouth disease double attack, experts reminded the public to develop good health habits, maintain good indoor ventilation popular peak period to avoid going to crowded places; coughing, sneezing should use a paper towel to avoid droplets spread; frequently wash their hands thoroughly to avoid dirty hands contact with mouth, eyes, nose. In addition, hand, foot and mouth disease occur in infants under 5 years old, parents should pay special attention, pay attention to the symptoms of hand, foot rash, once found, it is necessary to promptly bring the child to regular medical treatment, avoid sick to go to school

Re: China - "Trend of influenza unstoppable", children seeing doctors is difficult in Dongguan City, Guangdong province

Has anyone tested these children and released the type of flu these kids have? Because flu season ended months ago. And it is absurd to believe so many ended up with a pneumonia that puts them in the hospital. And now they are tunring away cases because the hospitals are full???? Pardon me for being sceptical but this seems utterly ridiculous.
    Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
    Thank you,
    Shannon Bennett

Comment

Re: China - "Trend of influenza unstoppable", children seeing doctors is difficult in Dongguan City, Guangdong province

Southern China experiences usually this time of year a surge in HFMD cases (caused by several Coxsackievirus and EV-71 among the Others), and the tropical flu season is only weeks away to enter its peak.

It is clear that some of these paediatric patients will be tested for flu and HFMD and I suspect either for H7N9 and H5N1 in some cases.

In tropical regions flu circulate year long with two peaks, in winter and summer...

If there is something strange, well we have to await only for few days to know.

Comment

The double flu peak in China is clearly depicted in this WHO/FluNet graph:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X