Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China - CHP closely monitors three human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) on Mainland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China - CHP closely monitors three human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) on Mainland

The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) today (July 21) received notification of three additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) from the National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), and again urged the public to maintain strict personal, food and environmental hygiene both locally and during travel.

According to the NHFPC, the patients were a 61-year-old man in Jiangsu who had poultry contact, a 54-year-old woman in Anhui who had no poultry exposure, and a 52-year-old man who worked in a market in Zhejiang. The patient in Zhejiang has died while the remaining two cases are in a serious condition.

"H7N9 has become enzootic in poultry on the Mainland. According to the Ministry of Agriculture, from January 2015 to May 2016, poultry and environmental samples collected from markets in Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Shanghai and Zhejiang tested positive for H7N9. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations revealed that positive samples on the Mainland were mainly taken from live bird markets, vendors and some commercial or breeding farms," a spokesman for the CHP said.

The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) today (July 21) received notification of three additional human cases of avian influenza A(H7N9) from the National...

I believe all of these cases may be already known, therefore I am not adding them to our case list at this time. If further information develops I may add them later:

#797 - FAO reported case June 14 in Nanjing, Jiangsu province

#799 - Zheijiang province announced 1 case including 1 death for June 2016, Zhejiang province Death

#800 - This line adds 1 case and 3 deaths. China HFPC announced 7 cases & 5 deaths for June 2016. We have 6 cases & 2 deaths already listed above. 3 Death (possible Anhui case referenced above)

Comment

Working...
    X