Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France, Languedoc-Roussillon: stings of the tigermosquito associated with "atypical fevers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France, Languedoc-Roussillon: stings of the tigermosquito associated with "atypical fevers"

google translated

As in the fall of 2014, mild weather and limited treatments favor the presence of the insect in the whole region.

Sophie Brice and no longer use no pool or terrace of the house they just purchased in the Gard. Upon reluctantly. "I never saw that, Beno?t breath. I had to equip all nets windows. We caulking from morning to night." The couple does not rule out the idea of ​​resorting to other great ways to win back the garden: buy appliances emitting carbon dioxide or propane-based, for example, to trap these flying syringes that swarm. Expensive but necessary to regain some freedom on his plot.

"I will not come in the south anymore of April to November to avoid the mosquitoes ..."
    After living a sacred mishap Saturday in the garden of his mother, in Mauguio, near Montpellier, Pierre, 45, also imagine making such a purchase. "I also seeking to acquire and thus insect repellent plants," he says. Now, it will equalize the hedge of the homestead that "combination". This Saturday, therefore, an olive tree pruning, this original Parisian Montpellier, was literally attacked by a horde of Diptera. "I have at least fifty bites, he recounts. The attack was such that it caused me a giant allergy. The red patches appeared to me. And I had blisters all over the body and face. As shingles. I also had a glottis edema, preventing me from breathing normally. You have to stay calm not to panic. " One doctor immediately prescribed a cortisone treatment. "I do not come in the south of April to November to avoid the mosquitoes ...", Pierre slice. The weather, clement, promotes their proliferation. And as the rain invites in the coming days ...

"This summer, there were even atypical fevers. It is a real public health problem"
    "More and more people complain of being bitten. This summer there were even atypical fevers. It is a real public health problem," said Jean-Christophe Calmes. Frontignanais The doctor is the regional representative of the union MG France. For ten years, the Mosquito range was reduced to a trickle, following a European directive, products from eleven to two. And a single insecticide, BTI, which can use only against larvae, is applicable. One is for adults, deltamethrin. The two approved products are insufficient to counter the adaptation of mosquitoes.

MORE:
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~
Working...
X