Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Influenza 2017-18: 60 fatalities

Five flu-related deaths reported by Windsor-Essex County Health Unit

The influenza virus is taking its toll on Windsor Essex.

Acting Medical Officer of Health Dr. Wajid Ahmed confirms there have been at least five flu-related deaths in the region since the start of the flu season in mid-to-late November.

Dr. Ahmed tells CTV Windsor there have been 86 confirmed flu cases to date and he anticipates that number will go higher since they are still in the middle of January.
    The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit says there have been at least five flu-related deaths, and 86 confirmed cases this winter.
    Last edited by JimO; February 1, 2018, 01:54 PM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

London health officials report five flu deaths in one week

London?s public health agency is urging the public to be cautious as a brutal flu season that?s left five people dead in just one week drags on.

The latest numbers from the Middlesex-London Health Unit show that between Jan. 21 and 27, five people died of flu-related complications.

Nineteen flu deaths have been reported in London and Middlesex County since Sept. 1, the health unit reported...

News, Local, Provincial, Canada, World, Sports, High School Sports, Local Hockey, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Football, Soccer, Lacrosse, Curling, Other Sports, Entertainment, Local, Movies, Music, Television, Celebrities, Life, Health, Food, Travel, Money, Opinion, Editorial, Letters, Column, Your Newspaper, Social medias, Events, UR, News, Sports, Life, Entertainment, Money, Opinion, Marketplace, Photos, Videos, Contests, Polls, Weather, Sitemap, Event Submission
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

9 flu related deaths in Waterloo region this season

There have been nine influenza-related deaths in Waterloo region this season said public health officials. "Across Waterloo Region influenza activity is currently considered widespread," said Waterloo public health officials on an influenza surveillance bulletin...
      There have been nine flu-related deaths in Waterloo region, according to a report by Waterloo Region Public Health & Emergency Services.

Comment

13 influenza-related deaths in region during busy flu season

WATERLOO REGION ? Thirteen influenza-related deaths have been reported in Waterloo Region this flu season.

"We're definitely seeing more hospitalizations and severity of illness this season," said Kristy Wright, regional manager of infectious disease and tuberculosis control.

All the flu-related deaths have been among people 65 years and older. Older people are more susceptible to the virus and also don't respond as well to the vaccine.

Thirteen influenza-related deaths have been reported in Waterloo Region this flu season.

Comment

FIVE FLU-RELATED DEATHS IN REGION ACCORDING TO HEALTH UNIT

The North Bay ? Parry Sound District Health Unit says the region has seen five people die from flu-related factors. However the health unit tells the North Bay Nugget the number of flu deaths and hospitalizations are similar to last year. That?s the opposite of elsewhere in the province where about half the health units are seeing widespread flu activity. So far this season there have been 115 lab-confirmed cases of the flu in the area compared to 178 for all of last year.
          The North Bay ? Parry Sound District Health Unit says the region has seen five people die from flu-related factors.?? However the ... more ?

Comment

18 flu-related deaths in Ottawa this season, officials say

There have been 18 deaths from a total of 515 laboratory-confirmed cases of the flu this season in Ottawa, but officials say the real number could be much higher.

The deaths include 17 seniors over 70 and one younger adult, according to public health officials, who say that is "just the tip of the iceberg."

At least 17 senior citizens and one adult have died from the flu so far this winter in Ottawa, according to public health officials.

Comment

Working...
            X