• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nova Scotia - Flu puts truck driver in the woods

Flu puts truck driver in the woods

Published on March 22, 2012
    Jonathan Riley

The driver of a tractor-trailer who landed in the woods says he was suffering from a bad case of the flu.

Steve Mount was bringing a load of building supplies from Dartmouth to Comeauville when he started feeling ill this morning, Thursday, March 22.

"I began coughing so hard that I felt dizzy and I started to slow the rig down," said Mount. "Next thing I knew I was going off the road into the woods."

The fully loaded 18-wheeler left Highway 101 two kilometres west of Exit 28 near Weymouth just after 8 a.m. The 18-wheeler narrowly missed a culvert and highway safety posts. The truck remained upright and Mount was able to free himself from the cab.
    brings the latest world news headlines, Current International breaking news world wide. In depth analysis and top news headlines world wide.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela
Working...
X