X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Territories - 69 confirmed cases of H1N1

NWT health minister addresses Alberta H5N1 case

Thursday, January 9, 2014 - 6:13 PM

There are at least 43 confirmed cases of the H1N1 strain of the flu here in the NWT.

Abernethy says the outbreak is one of the most important challenges he had faced during his relatively short time as health minister.

"The health of our residents is obviously important to me and it?s one of many issues that we are trying to deal with here in the Northwest Territories with respect to the provision of health care overall. We have responded to the concern people have and we are continuing to provide flu shots. We are offering some extra flu clinics. Last Thursday is when I believe it started and we are giving out as many as 350 doses a day."

Abernethy says the NWT has plenty of flu vaccine doses.

He encourages everyone to get a flu shot.
    CJCD Mix 100 News

- See more at: http://hqyellowknife.com/news/local/....sBAPxlrH.dpuf
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Re: Northwest Territories - At least 43 confirmed cases of H1N1

More flu vaccinations arriving this week

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 4:54 PM Yellowknife, NWT -

An update now on the flu outbreak here in the Northwest Territories. Chief public health officer, Dr. Andre Corriveau, says the number of H1N1 cases in the territory has risen but that the worst of the influenza may be over.

?We have 69 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no additional hospitalizations so I think we?re holding steady. We?re going to get an additional batch of vaccines so we?ll be able to redistribute some of it to our different communities to allow more people to be offered immunization.?

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Working...
    X