• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada: Alberta Influenza 2017-18: 61 fatalities

Source: https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/influenz...r-30-1.3756122

Influenza deaths in Alberta reach over 30
    Kiera Lyons , CTV Edmonton
    Published Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:57PM MST

1.2 million Albertans have been immunized this season, but doctors have documented 1,200 more cases when compared to last.

According to the newest numbers from Alberta Health Services the flu has killed 12 Albertans in the last three weeks, six of which were in Edmonton totaling just over 30 for the season so far.

Similar to the last two seasons, Alberta is on track to reach about 60 flu deaths even with the substantial spike in the last three weeks...
    Last edited by JimO; January 19, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Source: https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/influenza...area-1.3755994

Influenza claims four more lives in the Calgary area
    Doctor says pregnant women need flu shots
    Michael Franklin, Digital Producer
    Last Updated Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:24PM MST

Four more people have died from complications resulting from influenza in the Calgary area and health officials say it?s more important than ever to get immunized against the disease.

Alberta Health Services released new numbers on Thursday, indicating that 762 people in the Calgary area have been admitted to hospital with lab confirmed influenza this season.

16 people have died as a result of the disease so far this season too...

Comment

Calgary hardest hit as flu-related deaths in Alberta climb to 46

The number of flu cases across the province continues to rise, with Alberta Health Services reporting 46 related deaths and more than 1,800 hospitalizations Thursday.

In less than one month, influenza-related deaths more than doubled provincewide. As of Dec. 16, there were 19 deaths and 867 hospitalizations recorded.

Upwards of 6,300 cases of flu have been confirmed so far this season in Alberta.

Calgary was the hardest hit area, with 20 influenza-related deaths and 845 hospitalizations. Edmonton had 13 deaths and 569 hospitalizations.

The number of flu cases across the province continues to rise, with Alberta Health Services reporting 46 related deaths.
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Source: http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...16-in-edmonton

Alberta flu-related deaths rise to 55, including 16 in Edmonton
        Keith Gerein Keith Gerein
        Published on: January 25, 2018 | Last Updated: January 25, 2018 4:47 PM MST

A total of 55 Albertans have died this season after contracting influenza, including 24 in the Calgary region and 16 in the Edmonton zone.

The latest weekly update from Alberta Health Services also shows flu-related hospitalizations across the province have climbed to more than 2,000 for the season, up from 1,800 reported the previous week...

Comment

Three more flu deaths in Central Zone

Three more people died from the flu and the number hospitalized sharply increased over the past week in Alberta Health Services Central Zone.

As of Thursday, 11 flu-related deaths have been confirmed. The number of people hospitalized has jumped to 212 from 126 in the week ending Jan. 25.

Province-wide, six more flu deaths were recorded over the past week, bringing the total number of flu-related deaths to 61. There have been 2,277 people admitted to hospital with lab-confirmed influenza.

Eleven deaths have been recorded this flu season in Central Zone
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
          X