P.E.I.: 2021/2022 Covid cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...ions-1.5728748

P.E.I. reports record-breaking 222 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday, 1,378 active infections
    Suzette Belliveau
    CTV News Atlantic Reporter
    Updated Jan. 6, 2022 9:45 a.m. EST
    Published Jan. 5, 2022 1:46 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island reported a record breaking 222 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the number of active infections in the province to 1,378...

...Over the last seven days, the province has reported an average of 150 new cases per day.

Three people are in hospital with the virus, one of the individuals is in intensive care. Dr. Morrison says there are also four people in hospital for other reasons who tested positive for COVID-19.

In an effort to preserve the limited capacity of Health P.E.I. testing clinics, the province says COVID-19 testing will be limited to the followinguntil further notice:

Symptomatic individuals
    Close contacts of positive cases
    Confirmatory tests for individuals who test preliminary positive at a point-of-entry
    Confirmatory tests for individuals who test preliminary positive with a rapid antigen test...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...n-7-100678092/

P.E.I. reports 175 new COVID-19 cases Jan. 7
        Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: 1 hour ago | Updated: 1 minutes ago | 5 Min Read

P.E.I.'s chief public health officer reported 175 new COVID-19 cases and 116 recoveries from the virus on Friday, Jan. 7.

Dr. Heather Morrison listed the new cases in a news release. The new infections, offset by the reported recoveries, means P.E.I. has 1,550 active cases of COVID-19.

There have been 2,463 cases in the province since the beginning of the pandemic.

During the past week, P.E.I. has confirmed an average of 155 cases per day.

Two people are in hospital with COVID-19, down from four on Thursday.

One of the hospitalized individuals is in the intensive care unit. There is also one individual in hospital for other reasons who has tested positive for COVID-19...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...an10-1.6307366

5 in hospital on P.E.I., new cases and recoveries announced
            There have been 436 recoveries since Saturday, new cases still under investigation
            CBC News · Posted: Jan 10, 2022 4:44 PM AT | Last Updated: 5 minutes ago

Prince Edward Island's chief public health officer announced five COVID-19 hospitalizations in the province, and new cases on Monday.

One of the hospitalized individuals is currently in the intensive care unit.

There are 320 new cases of COVID-19 on the Island to report since new cases were last reported Saturday. These cases are still under investigation.

There have been 436 recoveries and there are now 1,517 active cases...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...y-14-1.6315185

P.E.I. records its first 2 deaths related to COVID-19
                8 people still hospitalized with COVID-19
                CBC News · Posted: Jan 14, 2022 2:20 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

There have been two COVID-related deaths on P.E.I., the province's first fatalities related to the pandemic.

One of the individuals is between the ages of 60 and 79 and the other is over the age of 79 years, the Chief Public Health Office said in a news release issued Friday afternoon...

...Eight people are in hospital with COVID-19 and one is in intensive care.

One person was admitted to hospital for other reasons and also has COVID-19...

...As of 8 a.m. Friday, there were 225 new cases, which are still under investigation. 195 new recoveries.

P.E.I. has 1,994 active cases and there have been 3,861 total.

Over the last seven days, the province has averaged 199 new cases per day...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...y-15-1.6316578

P.E.I. reports 5 people in hospital with COVID-19 Saturday
                    New outbreak at St. Eleanor’s House in Summerside declared
                    CBC News · Posted: Jan 15, 2022 5:16 PM AT | Last Updated: 21 minutes ago

Five people are being treated for COVID-19 at hospitals in P.E.I.

In a release Saturday, the province said two other individuals were hospitalized for other reasons, but tested positive for the virus, for a total of seven. None of the five are in intensive care.

That's compared to eight individuals who were hospitalized as of Friday morning, one receiving treatment in the ICU.

Later in the day Friday, the province announced two COVID-related deaths, the first for the province since the pandemic was declared in March of 2020...

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...-icu-1.5743325

P.E.I. reports seven people in hospital for COVID-19 treatment Monday, one in ICU
                      Leigha Kaiser
                      CTVNewsAtlantic.ca writer
                      Published Jan. 17, 2022 2:54 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island is reporting an increase in hospitalizations on Monday, with seven in hospital being treated for COVID-19, one of whom is in intensive care.

Dr. Heather Morrison, P.E.I.'s chief public health officer, also reported 231 new COVID-19 cases Monday. With 378 new recoveries, there are now 1,934 active infections in the province.

Over the last week, public health says there has been an average of 215 new cases per day.

To date, P.E.I. has reported 4,401 positive COVID-19 cases...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...y-18-1.6318794

P.E.I. closes dining rooms, gyms, along with other new COVID-19 restrictions
                          8 people in hospital being treated for COVID-19 on P.E.I.
                          Shane Ross · CBC News · Posted: Jan 18, 2022 11:35 AM AT | Last Updated: 13 minutes ago

P.E.I. announced new restrictions Tuesday — including strict limits to personal gatherings, the continued shutdown of schools, and no inside dining at restaurants — as COVID-19 continues to spread across the Island.

The new restrictions take effect at midnight and are currently scheduled to remain in place until at least Jan. 31.

The news came as Dr. Heather Morrison announced that eight people are in hospital — including four in the intensive care unit being treated for COVID-19.

She also announced 407 new cases of COVID-19, bringing total of active cases to 2,214.

New restrictions that take effect midnight, Jan. 18, include:

Personal gatherings are limited to a single household plus up to two other support people where needed. People living alone can join another household.
                          Single households may participate in outdoor activities.
                          No organized gatherings are permitted.
                          Funeral and wedding ceremonies are permitted with up to 10 people, with officiant.
                          Gyms and all recreations facilities will be closed.
                          No in-room dining at restaurants. Take-out, drive-through and delivery is permitted.
                          Schools will remain closed to in-class learning.
                          Retail stores can operate at 50 per cent capacity with physical distancing.
                          Isolation measures will still be four days after coming into P.E.I., with testing.

Officials are meeting with childcare operators about future plans. An announcement is expected this week.

Unlike the shutdown early in the pandemic barbershops, salons and some other personal services can remain open...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...ases-1.5746471

P.E.I. reports one COVID-19 related death Wednesday, 304 new cases
                              Melanie Price
                              CTVNewsAtlantic.ca Digital Promotions Producer
                              Published Jan. 19, 2022 2:56 p.m. EST

Dr. Heather Morrison, Prince Edward Island’s chief public health officer, reported one additional COVID-19 related death Wednesday, involving a person between the ages of 60 and 79...

... As of 8 a.m. Wednesday, Morrison says there are 304 new cases of COVID-19 on the Island and 2,514 active cases. The new cases are still under investigation.

Over the last seven days, Morrison says there have been an average of 241 cases per day.

HOSPITALIZATIONS

There are 10 people in hospital being treated for COVID-19 on Wednesday, and two others in hospital who have tested positive, but are being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19. There are three people in intensive care...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Working...
                                X