Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.E.I.: 2021/2022 Covid cases

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...sday-1.5716939

P.E.I. reports highest single-day COVID-19 case increase to date, with 33 new infections Wednesday
    Leigha Kaiser
    CTVNewsAtlantic.ca writer
    Published Dec. 22, 2021 1:54 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island is reporting 33 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, marking the highest single-day increase the province has had since the beginning of the pandemic.

Dr. Heather Morrison, P.E.I.'s chief public health officer, says all 33 cases are under investigation and contact tracing is underway...

...P.E.I. currently has 141 active cases of COVID-19 and, to date, the province has reported 560 cases of the virus...

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...nced-1.5718079

P.E.I. reports highest single-day COVID-19 case increase with 35 new infections; new restrictions announced
      Leigha Kaiser
      CTVNewsAtlantic.ca writer
      Updated Dec. 23, 2021 3:38 p.m. EST
      Published Dec. 23, 2021 11:56 a.m. EST

Prince Edward Island is imposing stronger COVID-19 restrictions as the province announces new record COVID-19 numbers on Thursday.

โ€œThese additional steps to limit gatherings and contacts are in efforts to prevent further community transmission of COVID-19 in our province," said Dr. Heather Morrison, P.E.I.'s chief public health officer.

Effective 8:00 am Dec. 24, the following measures will be in effect until Jan. 8, 2022:

Wedding receptions, funeral receptions and wakes/visitations will not be permitted.
      All organized gatherings, such as worship services, theatres, wedding and funeral ceremonies, concerts, etc. must operate with a maximum of 50 people with physical distancing with individuals from different households. Venues may have up to 50 per cent capacity, with a maximum of 50 participants plus staff and officiants. Multiple cohorts of 50 are not permitted
      Worship services can only have one person singing, no choirs or congregational singing is permitted.
      Day camps will be limited to participant groups of 15 over the span of one day with physical distancing and masks. (This does not include licensed early learning and child-care centres or licensed school-aged centres, as they are already operating with elevated precautions in place.)

These new measures are in addition to existing temporary measures announced to date...,

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...r-24-1.6297557

P.E.I. limits COVID-19 testing at clinics as province reports 40 new cases
          Province has 198 active cases
          Arturo Chang ยท CBC News ยท Posted: Dec 24, 2021 2:42 PM AT | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

P.E.I. announced 40 new COVID-19 cases Friday, hitting yet another daily case record.

All cases are still under investigation and contact tracing is underway. Anyone identified as a close contact will be contacted by the province.

There are now 198 active cases of COVID-19 on the Island. Some new cases aren't counted on the total tally, since they involve non-residents.

The province said it's also limiting COVID-19 testing at Health P.E.I. testing clinics exclusively to symptomatic individuals, close contacts identified by Public Health, and those who have preliminarily tested positive with the rapid antigen test or at a point of entry...

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...iday-1.5720581

P.E.I. reports 156 new COVID-19 cases since Friday
            Published Dec. 27, 2021 3:37 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island is reporting 156 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday.

This was the first update from the province since Friday, Dec. 24 when it reported its highest single-day increase of COVID-19 with 40 cases.

The province says 52 additional cases were identified Friday, five cases on Saturday and 99 cases on Sunday...

... There are currently 309 active cases of COVID-19 on the island and there have been 43 recoveries since the last update...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...r-30-1.6300494

P.E.I. reports record-high 169 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
                Briefing comes as COVID-19 cases continue to mount
                CBC News ยท Posted: Dec 30, 2021 11:19 AM AT | Last Updated: 14 minutes ago

P.E.I.'s chief public health officer said Islanders should keep their New Year's celebrations as small as possible as the province announced a record-high 169 new COVID-19 cases Thursday.

Dr. Heather Morrison said at a briefing Thursday most new cases are presenting mild to moderate symptoms in fully-vaccinated people, something the province says shows the COVID-19 vaccine is working.

Three people are currently in the hospital due to COVID-19. Morrison said another five are hospitalized for other reasons, but have also tested positive for the coronavirus.

The announcement comes as cases continue to rise. Over the last seven days, the province reported over 600 cases, an average of 86 new cases per day. That's over half of the cases that have been confirmed in the province since the pandemic began.

There are 680 active cases of COVID-19 on P.E.I. The province has had a total of 1,191 cases...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ry-2-1.6302167

P.E.I. reports 137 new COVID-19 cases; Greens urge more clarity
                    84 people have recovered since the last update
                    Arturo Chang ยท CBC News ยท Posted: Jan 02, 2022 3:21 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

P.E.I. reported 137 new COVID-19 cases and 84 recoveries on Sunday in the first update since Dec. 31.

The province said the new cases are under investigation and that contact tracing is underway.

P.E.I. has 867 active cases. There have been 1,503 cases in total since the pandemic began.

There are still three COVID-19 patients in hospital, none in intensive care.

There are four people who were already in hospital for other reasons who have subsequently tested positive for the virus. That number is down by one from the last report...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...ry-3-1.6302785

One person in ICU as P.E.I. reports 161 new cases of COVID-19
                        3 people are currently hospitalized due to the virus
                        CBC News ยท Posted: Jan 03, 2022 3:04 PM AT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

P.E.I. announced 161 new cases of COVID-19 Monday, also reporting that one person hospitalized for the virus is now in the Intensive Care Unit.

The Chief Public Health Office said Monday there are two other people being treated in hospital for COVID-19. Four other individuals who were hospitalized for other reasons have also tested positive.

This would be the second time someone with the virus on P.E.I. has been treated in the ICU...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-su...nded-1.5727276

P.E.I. surpasses 1,100 active COVID-19 infections, restrictions extended
                            Suzette Belliveau
                            CTV News Atlantic Reporter
                            Published Jan. 4, 2022 1:26 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island announced a record 198 new COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, bringing the number of active cases on the island to 1,159, an all-time high.

Dr. Heather Morrison, P.E.I. chief public health officer, said over the last seven days, the province has reported an average of 138 new COVID-19 infections daily.

As of Tuesday, three people are in hospital with the virus, one in intensive care, while four individuals in hospital tested positive for COVID-19 while being treated primarily for another illness.

During a COVID-19 update Tuesday afternoon, Dr. Morrison said 67 per cent of individuals with COVID-19 are between the ages of 20-59, while 17 per cent are under 10...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Working...
                              X