X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...2022-1.6393371

22 people in hospital on P.E.I. with COVID-19
    Province has changed to weekly reporting of COVID-19 numbers
    Sara Fraser · CBC News · Posted: Mar 22, 2022 3:35 PM AT | Last Updated: 15 minutes ago

Prince Edward Island reported 22 people in hospital with COVID-19 — 12 admitted due to the virus and 10 admitted for other reasons who tested positive — in an update released Tuesday.

One person is in intensive care, the province said in the first of what will now be weekly COVID updates on Tuesdays.

In the same release, P.E.I. reported 2,038 cases of COVID-19 confirmed by the provincial testing system since the province last updated numbers on March 16.

P.E.I.'s testing capacity became overwhelmed two weeks ago, resulting in changes to testing, which affected the number of positive cases being reported. Any close contact of a positive case who develops symptoms no longer needs to be tested at a clinic, but can assume they are positive. Close contacts include family members, kids at child-care, or a friend who slept over.

On average, there have been 342 lab-confirmed new cases per day over the last seven days, almost matching the rate reported last week, but given the reduced requirements for testing it's likely not an accurate reflection of COVID-19 spread on the Island...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...h-29-1.6401344

P.E.I. reports 2 COVID-related deaths in past week
        Also, 13 people have been admitted to the hospital due to COVID-19 — 1 in ICU
        CBC News · Posted: Mar 29, 2022 3:13 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

The P.E.I. government says two people have died with COVID-19 in the last seven days.

The province reported two COVID-related deaths in its weekly update on Tuesday. One of the individuals was between the ages of 60 to 79, and the other was over 80.

Thirteen people have been admitted to the hospital due to COVID-19, including one in intensive care. Six others who were admitted for other reasons have also tested positive.

As of Tuesday, there were outbreaks at Unit 8 of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the Provincial Correctional Centre and six long-term care and community care facilities:

Andrews of Charlottetown
        Andrews of Parkhill
        Beach Grove Home
        Burnside Community Care
        Colville Manor
        The Mount Continuing Care

There were also outbreaks at 23 early learning and child care centres. One of the centres is closed and four are operating at modified capacity.

P.E.I. has 3,487 active cases and 22,295 "resolved cases." The province has confirmed 2,454 new cases since its last update.

There have been an average of 350 cases confirmed per day over the last seven days.

P.E.I. has now had 18 COVID-related deaths. Before Tuesday, the province had last reported a COVID-related death on Feb. 28...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...l-10-1.6415511

COVID-19 on P.E.I.: What's happening the week of April 10
            How P.E.I. is faring in the pandemic is difficult to assess right now
            CBC News · Posted: Apr 11, 2022 7:22 AM AT | Last Updated: 11 hours ago

For the first time since 2019, high-school graduates are looking forward to a proper prom season.

Churches can operate at full capacity now, but it is going to take some time to rebuild congregations.

Some Islanders can now get their second booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

CBC P.E.I. takes a look at how the Island is faring in the pandemic compared to other provinces, and finds it is not an easy question to answer.

As of Tuesday, there were 14 people in hospital who were admitted due to COVID-19, including three in intensive care. Another 16 were admitted for other reasons and were positive for the coronavirus at or after admission. The province was averaging 367 cases a day over the previous seven days...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...aths-1.6417287

2 more COVID-related deaths reported on P.E.I.
                17 people in hospital being treated for COVID-19
                CBC News · Posted: Apr 12, 2022 3:28 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Two more people with COVID-19 have died on P.E.I., the province reported in its weekly update Tuesday.

One person was over the age of 80. The other was between 60-79. There have now been 21 COVID-related deaths on P.E.I.

Seventeen people are in hospital due to COVID-19, including three in the intensive care unit. Nineteen others were admitted for other reasons and later tested positive. In total, 116 people on P.E.I. have been hospitalized due to COVID-19. More than 80 per cent have been people aged 60 or older.

There have been 2,229 new confirmed cases since the last update on April 5....

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...d-19-1.6439753

1 new death related to COVID-19 reported on P.E.I.
                  Number of positive cases drop on P.E.I.
                  CBC News · Posted: May 03, 2022 2:53 PM AT | Last Updated: May 3

P.E.I. is reporting one new death related to COVID-19 during the past week.

The person is between the ages 40-59. It is the 26th death related to COVID-19 on P.E.I.

There have been 1,163 new cases, with an average of 166 cases per day, since the last the update April 26.

That is down from 1,738 new cases and an average of 248 cases per day the previous week.

Six people are in hospital due to COVID-19. Seven others were admitted for other reasons and were COVID-19 positive on or after admission. There is nobody in the Intensive Care Unit being treated for COVID-19.

There have been 35,433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on P.E.I. since the beginning of the pandemic more than two years ago...

Comment

bump this

Comment

• Source: https://www.brandonsun.com/national/...576485782.html

CHARLOTTETOWN - Health officials in Prince Edward Island are reporting six COVID-19-related deaths in the past week.

They say the deaths involve three people between the ages of 60 and 79, and three others aged 80 and over.

There have been 32 COVID-19-related deaths on the Island since the start of the pandemic.

Six patients are in hospital with the disease...

Comment

• bump this

Comment

• Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...eath-1.6456588

P.E.I. records 33rd COVID-related death of pandemic
                          Number of positive cases continues to drop
                          CBC News · Posted: May 17, 2022 3:06 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Another person with COVID-19 has died on P.E.I. in the last week, according to new statistics released by the province Tuesday.

The person was between the ages of 60 and 79 years. It marks the 33rd COVID-related death on P.E.I.

Six admitted are in hospital due to COVID-19, and none in the Intensive Care Unit. Sixteen others were admitted for other reasons and were COVID-19 positive on or after admission...

Comment

• Source: https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...-24-100736507/

COVID-19 hospitalizations drop in P.E.I. Tuesday, May 24
                            Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: 2 hours ago | Updated: 2 hours ago |

CHARLOTTETOWN - Health officials in P.E.I. are reporting a sharp decline in the number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19 on May 24.

The province's weekly pandemic update on Tuesday reported that 12 people were in the hospital with the virus, down from 22 reported on May 17.

Of those hospitalized, five were admitted due to COVID-19, and seven were admitted for other reasons and were COVID positive on or after admission.

None of the patients are in intensive care.

The province also reported 454 new confirmed COVID-19 cases over the past week for an average of 65 new cases per day...

Comment

• bump this

Comment

• Source: https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...-31-100738987/

7 COVID-19 hospitalizations, 476 new cases in P.E.I. Tuesday, May 31
                                Atlantic Briefs Desk | Posted: a day ago | Updated: 23 hours ago |

Health officials in P.E.I. are reporting a drop in the number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19 on May 31.

The province's weekly pandemic update on May 31 reported that seven people were in the hospital with the virus, down from 12 reported on May 24.

Of those hospitalized, three were admitted due to COVID-19, and four were admitted for other reasons and were COVID positive on or after admission.

None of the patients are in intensive care.

Public Health did not update whether there were any deaths from the virus over the past week, with an update expected June 7.

The province also reported 476 new confirmed COVID-19 cases over the past week for an average of 68 new cases per day. Last week, the province reported 454 new confirmed COVID-19 cases for an average of 65 new cases per day.

There are currently 590 active cases of COVID-19 in P.E.I...

Comment

Working...
                                X