P.E.I.: 2021/2022 Covid cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...care-1.5747945

P.E.I. reports 10 people in hospital due to COVID-19 Thursday, two in intensive care
    Leigha Kaiser
    CTVNewsAtlantic.ca writer
    Published Jan. 20, 2022 1:44 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island's top doctor says, as of Thursday, there are 10 people in hospital being treated for COVID-19, two of whom are in intensive care.

Dr. Heather Morrison, Prince Edward Island’s chief public health officer, says there are also three additional people in hospital who are positive for COVID-19 but were admitted, and are being treated, for illnesses other than the virus.

Morrison says 249 new COVID-19 cases have been identified as of 8 a.m. on Thursday, along with 292 recoveries, bringing the total number of active infections to 2,471.

All of the new cases are under investigation.

Morrison adds that, over the last week, there have been an average of 247 cases per day.

To date, P.E.I. has reported 5,361 positive cases of COVID-19...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...n-21-1.6323149

P.E.I. reports a 4th death due to COVID-19
        CHPO says person who died was between the ages of 60 and 79
        CBC News · Posted: Jan 21, 2022 5:09 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

Prince Edward Island is reporting its fourth death related to COVID-19

The province announced the death in a news release late Friday afternoon, saying the person was between 60 and 79 years old...

...267 new cases, 309 recoveries

As of 8 a.m. Friday, the CPHO reported, there were eight individuals in hospital being treated for COVID-19, including one person in the Intensive Care Unit.

Also announced in the release were 267 new cases of COVID-19 in P.E.I., as well as 309 recoveries.

There are 2,429 active cases of COVID-19 at the moment, and there have been 5,628 cases since the pandemic began...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...ital-1.5750849

P.E.I. reports one death related to COVID-19 Saturday, six people in hospital
            Natasha Pace
            CTV News Atlantic Reporter
            Updated Jan. 22, 2022 2:12 p.m. EST
            Published Jan. 22, 2022 2:09 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island reported one additional death related to COVID-19 on Saturday. According to the province, the individual is over the age of 80...

... Health officials reported 288 new cases of COVID-19 and 228 recoveries Saturday.

The new cases are still under investigation.

There are currently 2,489 active cases of COVID-19 and there have been 5,916 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began. Over the last seven days there have been an average of 290 cases per day...

... Health officials said Saturday there are currently six individuals in hospital being treated for COVID-19, including one person in the ICU.

There are two other people in hospital who are positive for COVID-19 but are being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19...

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...ital-1.5751395

P.E.I. reports one additional death related to COVID-19 Sunday, nine people in hospital
              Natasha Pace
              CTV News Atlantic Reporter
              Published Jan. 23, 2022 12:48 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island reported an additional death related to COVID-19 Sunday. Health officials said the individual was over 80 years old...

... Public health said Sunday there are currently nine people in hospital being treated for COVID-19, including one person in the intensive care unit.

Officials said there are four others in hospital who are positive for COVID-19 but are being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19 (COVID-19 was not the reason for admission).

209 NEW COVID-19 CASES REPORTED

P.E.I. reported 209 new cases of COVID-19 and 214 recoveries Sunday.

The province said the new cases are still under investigation.

There are currently 2,484 active cases of COVID-19 and there have been 6,125 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-an...ital-1.5752512

P.E.I. announces two new deaths related to COVID-19 Monday, nine people in hospital
                  Melanie Price
                  CTVNewsAtlantic.ca Digital Promotions Producer
                  Published Jan. 24, 2022 3:06 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island announced two new deaths related to COVID-19 Monday, involving two people between the ages of 60 and 79...

... Morrison announced 157 new cases of COVID-19 and 219 recoveries, for a total of 2,422 active cases as of 8:00 am on Monday, Jan 24.

The new cases are still under investigation, according to Morrison.

HOSPITALIZATIONS

Public health says there are nine people in hospital being treated for COVID-19, including two people in intensive care.

There are two others in hospital who have tested positive but are being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19 (COVID-19 was not the reason for admission)...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...n-26-1.6328340

P.E.I. students returning to school Jan. 31, some restrictions to be eased
                      Gyms, restaurants will be able to reopen with 50 per cent capacity
                      Shane Ross · CBC News · Posted: Jan 26, 2022 1:27 PM AT | Last Updated: 20 minutes ago

P.E.I. will resume in-class learning on Monday, Jan. 31, and other restrictions will be eased, Premier Dennis King and Dr. Heather Morrison announced Wednesday.

They made the announcement during a COVID-19 briefing. Epidemiologist Dr. Karen Phillips was also in attendance...

...Nine people with COVID-19 have died on P.E.I. in the last two weeks. P.E.I. still has the lowest death rate per capita in Canada, Morrison said.

There are 14 people in hospital being treated for COVID-19, including two in the intensive care unit.

On Wednesday, Morrison announced 255 new cases of COVID-19. There are 2,640 active cases and 6,800 since the pandemic began. Morrison said she expects more cases when students return to school on Monday...

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-an...-icu-1.5758818

P.E.I. announces 17 people being treated for COVID-19 in hospital Friday, 2 in ICU
                        Leigha Kaiser
                        Published Jan. 28, 2022 2:39 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island reported Friday that 17 people are being treated for COVID-19 in hospital, including two people in intensive care.

Public health says there is one other person in hospital who tested positive for COVID-19, but that person was not admitted due to the virus, and is being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19...

... Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Heather Morrison announced 215 new COVID-19 cases and 417 recoveries as of 8 a.m. Friday. The new cases are under investigation.

P.E.I. has seen an average of 235 new cases per day over the last seven days.

Currently, there are 2,460 active cases of COVID-19 being reported on P.E.I.

To date, the province has announced 7,274 positive cases of the virus...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...rday-1.5759932

P.E.I. reports one additional death due to COVID-19 Saturday
                            Maria Tobin
                            Published Jan. 29, 2022 1:21 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island is reporting one new death due to COVID-19 on Saturday. The province says the individual is in the 80 years and over category...

...Prince Edward Island reported Saturday that 19 people are being treated for COVID-19 in hospital, including three people in intensive care.

Public health says there is two other people in hospital who tested positive for COVID-19, but were not admitted due to the virus, and is being treated for illnesses other than COVID-19...

...Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Heather Morrison announced 271 new COVID-19 cases and 301 recoveries as of 8 a.m. Saturday. The new cases are under investigation.

P.E.I. has seen an average of 233 new cases per day over the last seven days.

Currently, there are 2,430 active cases of COVID-19 being reported on P.E.I...

Comment

Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/p-e-i-re...nday-1.5761693

P.E.I. reports total of 15 people in hospital due to COVID-19, two in ICU Monday
                              Maria Tobin
                              Updated Jan. 31, 2022 2:45 p.m. EST
                              Published Jan. 31, 2022 2:43 p.m. EST

Prince Edward Island reported Monday that 15 people are being treated for COVID-19 in hospital, including two in intensive care.

Public health says there are also five other people in hospital who tested positive for COVID-19, but were not admitted due to the virus, and are being treated for illnesses other than the virus...

Comment

bump this

Comment

Working...
                                X