X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 Confirmed Cases In S. Korea - Several Teachers Still In Quarantine

South Korea says 3 Americans among 4 new flu cases

Associated Press
    2009-05-26 06:23 PM South Korean health authorities say three Americans are among four new confirmed swine flu cases.

The Health Ministry said Tuesday that three American males and one Australian female came to South Korea this month to work as English teachers at private language schools. They were living in the same building in Seoul.

South Korea now has 27 confirmed cases of the new flu virus, including 19 Americans. Four people have been released from the hospital.

------------------------------------------------

Several (30?) foreign teachers without symptoms are still being quarantined in Korea. One American is blogging about his experience -

It feels like Under Quarantine even though it is called Lockdown. Don't fret your time away and...

U.S. Embassyfail

So last night we called the U.S. Embassy just to inform them of the situation. We weren?t asking for help or anything, but just because we felt they should know that, I dunno?30+ OF THEIR CITIZENS ARE BEING DETAINED! It?s not like we?re worried the Korean Health Ministry of Medicine for Make Healthy of Koreans is going to take us out in the woods, shoot us in the back of the head, dump us in a pit and throw lye over our corpses, it?s just that a few of us felt better about our government knowing where we were, which I realize is an irony as I type it.

Anyways, the lady on the phone was very helpful!

Me: ?Hiya! I just thought the Embassy should be aware that 30+ U.S citizens have been quarantined right outside Seoul for suspicion of swine flu exposure.?
    Operator: ?Okay, well it?s a weekend, and we?re closed. Monday?s memorial day, so could you call back on tuesday??
    Me: ?You?you?re serious??
    Operator: ?Is it an emergency? Cause if it is we have someone we can call.?
    Me: ?Um?let?s see, there?s 30 americans in quarantine for swine flu exposure. Basically, we?re arrested. It?s totally cool, don?t worry?we?ll call on tuesday??
    Operator: ?Okay, thanks for calling.?
    Me: ?No wait??
    *click*
Working...
X