• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singapore MOH Updates

WEEKLY INFECTIOUS DISEASE BULLETIN
    EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 21
    20 - 26 May 2012

1 case of cholera, 27 salmonellosis, 80 Dengue, 1,463 HFMD (well above epidemic threshold), 10 mumps see link for full list.

Average daily clinic visits;
    ARI: 2,823
    Conjunctivitis: 85
    Diarrhoea: 423

Influenza indicators for E-week 21 (20 - 26 May 2012) are as follows:
    The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 3,019 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 20 to 2,823 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 21, and was just below the warning level.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases was low at 1%.
    The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=150) in the community was 49.3% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in April 2012, influenza B constituted 61.8%, whilst influenza A(H3N2) and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.4% and 8.8%, respectively .

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 22
      27 May - 2 Jun 2012

25 cases of Salmonellosis, 81 Dengue, 1,106 HFMD (above epidemic threshold), 4 melioidosis, see link for complete list.

ARI: 2,555
      Conjunctivitis: 80
      Diarrhoea: 398

Influenza indicators for E-week 22 (27 May - 2 June 2012) are as follows:
      *Preliminary
      The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,823 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 21 to 2,555 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 22, and remained below the warning level.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases was low at 1%.
      The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=182) in the community was 52% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in May 2012, influenza B constituted 51%, whilst influenza A(H3N2) and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 30% and 19%, respectively .

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 23
        3-9 Jun 2012

28 cases of Salmonellosis, 100 Dengue (1 DHF), 984 HFMD (above epidemic threshold), 9 mumps, see link for full list.

ARI: 2,385
        Conjunctivitis: 82
        Diarrhoea: 375

Influenza indicators for E-week 23 (3 - 9 June 2012) are as follows:
        The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,555 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 22 to 2,385 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 23, and remained below the warning level.
        The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=154) in the community was 50.6% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in May 2012, influenza B constituted 51.4%, whilst influenza A(H3N2) and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.9% and 18.7%, respectively .

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 24
          10-16 Jun 2012

26 cases of salmonellosis, 89 Dengue (1 DHF), 908 HFMD (above epidemic threshold), 11 mumps see link for full list.

ARI: 2,347
          Conjunctivitis: 82
          Diarrhoea: 384

Influenza indicators for E-week 24 (10 - 16 June 2012) are as follows:
          The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,385 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 23 to 2,347 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 24, and remained below the warning level.
          The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=176) in the community was 57.4% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in May 2012, influenza B constituted 51.9%, whilst influenza A(H3N2) and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 30.2% and 17.9%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 25
            17-23 Jun 2012

11 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 41 Salmonellosis, 128 Dengue (1 DHF), 799 HFMD (above epidemic threshold), 4 melioidosis... see link for full list.

ARI: 2,239
            Conjunctivitis: 76
            Diarrhoea: 371

Influenza indicators for E-week 25 (17 - 23 June 2012) are as follows:
            The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,347 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 24 to 2,239 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 25, and remained below the warning level.
            The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=164) in the community was 65.9% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in May 2012, influenza B constituted 52.3%, whilst influenza A(H3N2) and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.9% and 17.8%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 26
              24-30 Jun 2012

32 cases of Salmonellosis, 152 Dengue (approaching warning level), 7 Malaria, 729 HFMD (below epidemic threshold, but still above warning level), 11 Mumps, see link for full list.

ARI: 2,327
              Conjunctivitis: 90
              Diarrhoea: 433

Influenza indicators for E-week 26 (24- 30 June 2012) are as follows:
              *Preliminary
              The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 2,239 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 25 to 2,327 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 26, and remained below the warning level.
              The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=160) in the community was 58.1% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in June 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 45.9%, whilst influenza B and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.6% and 24.5%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 27
                1-7 Jul 2012

9 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 33 Salmonellosis, 138 Dengue, 690 HFMD (above warning level), see link for full list.

ARI: 2,449
                Conjunctivitis: 83
                Diarrhoea: 468 (above warning level)

Influenza indicators for E-week 27 (1- 7 July 2012) are as follows:
                The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 2,327 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 26 to 2,449 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 27, and remained below the warning level.
                The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=138) in the community was 54.3% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in June 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 45.9%, whilst influenza B and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.6% and 24.5%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 28
                  8-14 Jul 2012

10 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 1 Cholera, 42 Salmonellosis, 131 Dengue (1 DHF), 682 HFMD (above warning level) see link for full list.

ARI: 2,786
                  Conjunctivitis: 92
                  Diarrhoea: 512 (above epidemic threshold)

Influenza indicators for E-week 28 (8 - 14 July 2012) are as follows:
                  The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 2,449 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 27 to 2,786 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 28, and remained below the warning level.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=147) in the community was 42.2% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in June 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 45.9%, whilst influenza B and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.6% and 24.5%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 29
                    15-21 Jul 2012

31 cases of Salmonellosis, 124 Dengue (1 DHF), 9 Malaria, 759 HFMD (above warning level) see link for full list.

ARI: 3,003 (above warning level)
                    Conjunctivitis: 87
                    Diarrhoea: 510 (above epidemic threshold)

Influenza indicators for E-week 29 (15 - 21 July 2012) are as follows:
                    The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 2,786 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 28 to 3,003 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 29, and was above the warning level.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=152) in the community was 35.5% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in June 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 45.9%, whilst influenza B and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.6% and 24.5%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 30
                      22-28 Jul 2012

11 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 37 Salmonellosis, 110 Dengue, 871 HFMD (back above the epidemic threshold), see link for full list.

ARI: 3,051 (above warning level)
                      Conjunctivitis: 87
                      Diarrhoea: 525 (above epidemic threshold)

Influenza indicators for E-week 30 (22 - 28 July 2012) are as follows:
                      The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 3,003 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 29 to 3,051 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 30, and was above the warning level.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=134) in the community was 34.3% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in June 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 45.9%, whilst influenza B and influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 constituted 29.6% and 24.5%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 31
                        29 Jul - 4 Aug 2012

7 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 28 Salmonellosis, 94 Dengue, 754 HFMD (above warning level), 11 mumps, see link for full list.

ARI: 2,805
                        Conjunctivitis: 91
                        Diarrhoea: 532 (above epidemic threshold)

Influenza indicators for E-week 31 (29 July - 4 August 2012) are as follows:
                        * Preliminary
                        The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 3,051 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 30 to 2,805 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 31, and was below the warning level.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=132) in the community was 29.5% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in July 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 51.0%, whilst influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B constituted 35.3% and 13.7%, respectively (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 32
                          5 - 11 Aug 2012

25 cases of Salmonellosis, 127 Dengue, 631 HFMD (above warning level) see link for full list.

ARI: 2,700
                          Conjunctivitis: 96
                          Diarrhoea: 506 (above warning level)

Influenza indicators for E-week 32 (5 - 11 August 2012) are as follows:
                          The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,805 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 31 to 2,700 (over 4.5 working days) in E-week 32, and was below the warning level.
                          The proportion of patients with influenza-like illness (ILI) among the polyclinic attendances for ARI was low at 1%.
                          The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=115) in the community was 36.5% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in July 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 51.0%, whilst influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B constituted 35.3% and 13.7%, respectively (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 33
                            12 - 18 Aug 2012

10 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 39 Salmonellosis, 115 Dengue, 574 HFMD (below warning level for the first time since week 6) See link for full list.

ARI: 2,490
                            Conjunctivitis: 85
                            Diarrhoea: 505 (above warning level)

Influenza indicators for E-week 33 (12 - 18 August 2012) are as follows:
                            The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,700 (over 4.5 working days) in E-week 32 to 2,490 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 33, and was below the warning level.

The proportion of patients with influenza-like illness (ILI) among the polyclinic attendances for ARI was low at 1%.
                            The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=102) in the community was 41.2% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in July 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 51.0%, whilst influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B constituted 35.3% and 13.7%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 34
                              19 - 25 Aug 2012

27 cases of Salmonellosis, 92 Dengue, 500 HFMD, 4 melioidosis, 15 mumps see link for full list.

ARI: 2,505
                              Conjunctivitis: 98
                              Diarrhoea: 564 (above epidemic threshold)
                              Chickenpox: 21

Influenza indicators for E-week 34 (19 - 25 August 2012) are as follows:
                              The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI increased from 2,490 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 33 to 2,505 (over 4.5 working days) in E-week 34, and remained below the warning level.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=97) in the community was 39.2% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in July 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 51.0%, whilst influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B constituted 35.3% and 13.7%, respectively.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 35
                                26 Aug - 1 Sep 2012

11 cases of Campylobacteriosis, 33 Salmonellosis, 102 Dengue, 502 HFMD, 13 mumps - see link for full list.

ARI: 2,370
                                Conjunctivitis: 83
                                Diarrhoea: 477 (above warning level)
                                Chickenpox: 11

Influenza indicators for E-week 35 (26 August - 1 September 2012) are as follows:
                                * Preliminary
                                The average daily number of patients seeking treatment in the polyclinics for ARI decreased from 2,505 (over 4.5 working days) in E-week 35 to 2,370 (over 5.5 working days) in E-week 35, and remained below the warning level.
                                The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples (n=95) in the community was 37.9% in the past four weeks. Of all the positive samples tested in August 2012, influenza A(H3N2) constituted 43%, whilst influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B constituted 31% and 26%, respectively (preliminary).

Comment

Working...
                                X