X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Singapore MOH Updates

WEEKLY INFECTIOUS DISEASE BULLETIN
    EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 32 8 - 14 Aug 2010

Biggest issues this week 131 cases of Dengue, 982 cases of HFMD.

13,564 polyclinic visits for ARI.

Good report, worth looking at.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 33 15 - 21 Aug 2010

Biggest issues this week;
      30 cases of Salmolellosis, 148 cases of Dengue, 1,261 cases of HFMD.

15,508 polyclinic visits for ARI
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 34 22 - 28 Aug 2010

Biggest issued this week, 21 cases of Salmonellosis, 123 cases of Dengue, 1195 cases of HFMD.

Clinic visits for conjunctivitis are high at 657.
        14,615 poluclinic visits for ARI.

full report at;

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 35
          29 Aug - 4 Sep 2010

Biggest issues this week; 24 cases of salmonellosis, 147 cases of Dengue, 10 cases of malaria, 1,060 cases of HFMD (down 3 weeks in a row, but still 5-600% more than last year). 4 cases of invasive pneumonococcal disease, cumulative 202 cases versus 177 for same period in 2009.

13,872 clinic visits for ARI. (about the same as last year, below warning level)
          Conjunctivitis visits remain high at 534, but well below warning level.

Full report at; http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/upload...10_week_35.pdf

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 36
            5 -11 Sep 2010

Biggest issues this week: 23 cases of salmonellosis, 121 cases of dengue, 691 cases of HFMD (down again, but still very high), 6 cases of melioidosis (total 49 vs historical median 41), 5 invasive pneumococcal disease.

10,103 clinic visits for ARI (below the median)

full report at; http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/upload...10_week_36.pdf

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 37
              12 - 18 Sep 2010

Biggest issues this week, 24 cases of salmonellosis, 178 cases of dengue (1 haemorrhagic) - highest yet this year, 737 cases of HFMD, 4 invasive pneumococcal disease.

14,013 visits for ARI (up significantly), 563 conjunctivitis, 2537 acute diarrhoea (above warning level).

Full report at; http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/upload...10_week_37.pdf

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 38
                19 - 25 Sep 2010

Biggest issues this week; 33 cases of Salmonellosis, 180 cases of dengue ( 2 haemorrhagic) - another new high, 667 HFMD, 5 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13,950 visits for ARI, 494 conjunctivitis, 2503 Acute Diarrhoea (still above warning level).
                The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 2%.
                Among patients with ILI in the community, 25% had influenza B, 8% had influenza A (H1N1-2009) and 10% had influenza A (H3N2) (preliminary).

Full report at; http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/upload...10_week_38.pdf

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 39
                  26 Sep - 2 Oct 2010

35 cases of Salmonellosis, 168 cases of dengue ( 1 haemorrhagic), 688 HFMD, 8 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13682 visits for ARI, 549 for conjunctivitis, 2568 for acute diarrhoea.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 2%.
                  Among patients with ILI in the community, 35% had influenza B, 13% had influenza A (H1N1-2009) and 2% had influenza A (H3N2) (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 40
                    3rd - 9 Oct 2010

25 cases of salmonellosis, 169 dengue (no haemorrhagic), 732 HFMD (above the epidemic threshold), 5 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13564 visits for ARI, 595 for conjunctivitis, 2594 for acute diarrhoea (above warning level).

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 42% (preliminary) in E-week 40, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 22% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 16% had influenza B and 4% had influenza A (H3N2) (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 41
                      10th -16th Oct 2010

33 cases of salmonellosis, 147 Dengue (0 DHF), 710 HFMD (above the epidemic threshold), 2 invasive pneumococcal.

13,413 polyclinic visits for ARI, 541 for conjinctivitis and 2349 for acute diarrhoea.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 51% (preliminary) in E-week 41, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 22% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 18% had influenza B and 11% had influenza A (H3N2) (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 42
                        17 - 23 Oct 2010

152 cases of dengue (0 DHF), 609 HFMD (above warning level), 8 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13,212 visits for ARI, 544 for conjunctivitis, 2129 for AD.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 41% (preliminary) in E-week 42, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 15% had influenza A (H1N1-2009) and 26% had influenza B (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 43
                          24 - 30 Oct 2010

133 cases of Dengue (no DHF), 553 HFMD (still above warning level), 9 invasive pneumococcal disease.

13,795 clinic visits for ARI, 531 for conjunctivitis, 1988 for Acute Diarrhoea.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 38% (preliminary) in E-week 43, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 8% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 14% had influenza A (H3N2) and 16% had influenza B (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 44
                            31 Oct - 6 Nov 2010

102 cases of dengue (0 DHF), 471 HFMD, 4 invasive pneumoccal disease.

10,922 visits for ARI, 440 for conjunctivitis, 1645 for AD.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 1%.
                            The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 48% (preliminary) in E-week 44, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 18% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 9% had influenza A (H3N2) and 21% had influenza B (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 45
                              7-13 Nov 2010

117 cases of Dengue, (0 DHF), 509 HFMD, 6 invasive pneumococcal disease, 10 mumps, 2 typhoid (both imported).

13,528 clinic visits for ARI, 488 for conjunctivitis, 2066 for acute diarrhoea.

The proportion of cases with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) among the polyclinic ARI cases remained low at 1%.
                              The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 29% (preliminary) in E-week 45, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 16% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 5% had influenza A (H3N2) and 8% had influenza B (preliminary).

Comment

EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WEEK 46
                                14-20 Nov 2010

92 cases of Dengue (0 DHF), 412 HFMD, 7 invasive pneumococcal disease.

10, 916 clinic visits for ARI, 416 for conjunctivitis, 1,738 for AD.

The overall prevalence of influenza among ILI samples in the community was 26% (preliminary) in E-week 46, similar to previous weeks. Among patients with ILI in the community, 13% had influenza A (H1N1-2009), 13% had influenza B and 0% had influenza A (H3N2) (preliminary).

Comment

Working...
                                X