• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis (Naegleria) 2016

Link to 2015 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...naegleria-2015

Naegleria fowleri claims year?s first life in city
    By M. Waqar BhattiJuly 02, 2016Print : Karachi
    On Friday, Sindh health department officials confirmed that 30-year-old Zahid Khan, son of Abdul Wahab, a resident of the Noor Muhammad Goth in Gadap Town, was taken to the Liaquat National Hospital in precarious condition. He, however, died at the hospital?s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) during medical treatment.

As per details, Zahid Khan is the first victim of the brain-eating infection this year, which had claimed dozens of lives in previous years in Karachi and the rest of Sindh.
    Zafar Mehdi, an official of the Sindh health department, confirmed that Zahid Khan died of the brain infection caused by Naegleria fowleri. He added that poor chlorination of water was the main reason behind the presence of the lethal microorganisms in water being supplied to Karachiites.
    Dengue death also reported at a private hospital as health experts fear outbreak of infectious diseases following monsoon showers Karachi Naegleriasis, a lethal infection caused by the...
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Fatal virus: 16-year-old boy dies from Naeglaria

By Our CorrespondentPublished: July 27, 2016

KARACHI: A 16-year-old boy, identified as Ahmed, a resident of Shanti Nagar area near the Sindh Hotel, died on Sunday in a private hospital where he was brought on July 22 with a complain of high fever and other symptoms of Naegleria Fowleri.

?The second death in the city from Naegleria Fowleri, also known as the brain-eating amoeba, is because of the supply of un-chlorinated water,? said Dr Zafar Mehdi, spokesperson of a focal group for the control of Naegleria.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X