• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan: Flu Reports 2015-16

THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE
    Swine flu patients advised to hunt for antiviral meds

By Umer Farooq Published: December 15, 2015

PESHAWAR:
    After two people died of swine flu and at least six others tested positive for the H1N1 or swine flu virus in Swabi, the government seems to have run out of the antiviral medicines which can treat and prevent the disease.

In fact, the World Health Organization (WHO), which the government would turn to replenish its supply, has advised anyone wanting protection or treatment from the illness to find the vaccine on their own, said senior health officials.

As many as 30 suspected cases were reported across Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. National Institute of Health in Islamabad received 13 samples. Of these eight tested positive for H1N1, one for influenza B and four tested negative. At least 10 other reports are pending with NIH.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Two die of swine flu
    A REPORTER ? UPDATED ABOUT 10 HOURS AGO

RAWALPINDI: The National Health Institute (NIH) confirmed on Wednesday that two people have died of H1N1 Influenza, or swine flu, in Wah Cantonment last week.

A resident of Wah Cantonment, Nasir Mehmood, died at the Wah Cantonment Hospital on December 18. An employee of the hospital, Masood Ahmed, contracted the virus from Nasir while treating him and died on December 19.
    H1N1 influenza spreads from person to person, like seasonal flu, and treatment should be started without delay: EDHO
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X