X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal H1N1 2015 - 35 deaths

Swine flu claims life in Kathmandu

By The Nepali Reporter - Posted On. 2 hours ago

KATHMANDU, March 1: A woman lost her life due to swine flu in Kathmandu on Saturday.

A 50-year-old woman of Chhetrapati, Kathmandu breathed her last during the course of treatment at the Bagbazaar-based Kathmandu Model Hospital yesterday.
    http://nepalireporter.com/22155/swin...PBvM8.facebook
    Last edited by tetano; April 19, 2015, 12:39 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Source: http://www.ekantipur.com/2015/03/03/...in/402338.html

Study urged to determine virus strain
    Swine flu virus genotyping

KATHMANDU, MAR 03 - With the rise in cases of H1N1 influenza in the country, experts have urged the government to conduct thorough analysis of the swine flu virus to determine if it has the potential to cause an epidemic.

Conducting a genetic analysis of the virus, experts say, could help policymakers determine if the virus is similar to one that is wreaking havoc in India.

A total of 48 patients have been diagnosed with swine flu in the country so far while a woman succumbed to the disease on Saturday in Kathmandu . In India, around 20,000 have tested positive for the virus with over 1,000 reported deaths...

Comment

One more death takes swine flu toll to three
      Added At: 2015-03-13 7:43 AM Last Updated At: 2015-03-13 7:43 AM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
      KATHMANDU:One more person has succumbed to swine flu virus in the country, taking the total death toll to three.The Epidemiology and Disease Control Division under the Ministry of Health and Population confirmed that a 48-year-old man, who had tested positive for H1N1 virus, died while undergoing treatment at Om Hospital in Chabahil on Tuesday night. Earlier on March 6, a 40-year-old man died of swine flu virus at Kist Medical College, Lalitpur. The virus had killed a 40-year-old woman at Kathmandu Model Hospital on February 28.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Govt ?apathy? rued as swine flu cases soar
        - Post Report

KATHMANDU, MAR 16 - Despite claims from the government that patients of swine flu are decreasing in number, hospitals in Kathmandu Valley are still treating many people infected with H1N1.
        Till date, around 200 patients have been diagnosed with the disease while three deaths have been linked to the H1N1 influenza.

Comment

Death of a woman during stillbirth attributed to Swine Flu
          15 hours ago

According to Dinesh Pandey, the Press Coordinator at the Alka Hospital, deceased Nibha Karna, 32 from Parsa, Birgunj had died of complication during the stillbirth.

However, a blood test, following her death, revealed that she was carrying the Influenza A H1N1 virus.

Comment

Google translated
            Alka due to the death of a pregnant swine flu

KATHMANDU, April 19 print

Swine flu infecting a pregnant woman died on Tuesday in the capital. Kantipur Daily News.
            According to Alka even those women had swine phlusamgai other problem.
            The death toll has risen to the number of agents from 5 reached.
            UML leader Ramnath Dhakal 6 of yasarogabata sikistabhai in the hospital.
            Published Date: Thursday, Apr 19, 2071 05: 51: 18
            स्वाइन फ्लु सक्रमणमा परेकी एक गर्भवतीको मंगलबार राजधानीमा मृत्यु भएको छ । कान्तिपुर दैनिकमा समाचार छ ।

Comment

UML leader Dhakal dies of swine flu
              in Nation 2 hours ago 0 31 Views

KATHMANDU ?
              CPN-UML politburo member and former lawmaker Ram Nath Dhakal died during the course of treatment at the Dhapasi-built Grande International Hospital on Sunday.

Comment

Jajarkot samples test positive for Swine flu
                'Disease coming under control'
                - Ekantipur Report

KATHMANDU, APR 14 - The unknown disease that has claimed 16 lives in rural villages of Jajarkot during the past two weeks could be swine flu, health officials said after three samples tested positive for H1N1 virus.

The National Public Health Laboratory based in Teku, Kathmandu, said the swine flu virus were found in three samples out of 10 collected by a team of paramedics from patients of the disease struck region.

?Three out of 10 samples tested positive for H1N1,? said Dr Baburam Marasini, director of Epidemiology and Disease Control Division at the Department of Health Services. ?But further tests need to be conducted before concluding if all the patients were suffering from swine flu.

The disease has claimed 10 lives in Paik VDC, five in Tale Gaun and one in Archhani since its outbreak two weeks back. The disease broke out after one Sushmita Jaisi, who returned after completing her SLC exams, died of high fever and flu.

Comment

Swine-flu claims another life in Jajarkot
                  Death toll rises to 17
                  - Ekantipur Report

JAJARKOT, APR 15 - Swine flu has claimed one more life in Jajarkot on Wednesday taking the toll to 17.

The individual, identified as Dal Bahadur Shahi, 58, of Talegaun-7, died of the disease early today morning.

Comment

Seasonal and Swine flu claims three more lives in Jajarkot
                    in Nation 5 hours ago

JAJARKOT ?
                    Seasonal and swine flu has claimed three more lives on Friday morning taking the total death toll to 20 in Jajarkot.
                    The latest two deceased have been identified as Bala Bahadur Nepali, 50, of Archhani VDC-2, Bhautadanda and Hansabadur Shahi, 58, of ward no.7 of the same VDC. They died while undergoing treatment.

Another 26-days-old girl from Pajaru -4 Ritu Tamata also died due to the flu.

Comment

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/interna...cle7113645.ece

Swine flu claims 21 lives in West Nepal

At least 3 persons including a 2-year old child succumbed to swine flu on Friday in Nepal, taking the toll of the deadly disease to 21, over the past three weeks in the country?s mid-western region.

Three more persons infected with H1N1 virus have died on Friday in the district, according to the District Public Health Office...

Comment

Docs: Swine flu cause of Jajarkot deaths

KATHMANDU/JAJARKOT, APR 19 - As five more samples from Jajarkot tested positive for H1N1 influenza on Saturday, doctors at the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) and the Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD) have said indications are that the disease taking its toll in the mid-western district is swine-flu.
                        NPHL Director Dr Geeta Shakya said that of the 18 samples tested in a week, H1N1 influenza was seen in eight cases. EDCD Director Dr Baburam Marasini said since other tests at the NPHL ruled out typhoid, they have ascertained that swine flu is the cause of the outbreak in Jajarkot. Among the patients visiting doctors in the affected VDCs, 25 percent have flu-like symptoms, he said.
                        With three more deaths reported on Saturday, the disease has claimed 24 lives so far. Paink, Sakla, Nayabada, Talegaun, Rami Danda, Rokayagaun, Laha, Kortang and Majkot VDCs have been affected the most. Patients have been complaining of fever and common cold.

Comment

Former Nafea Chairman Bataju dies of swine flu

KATHMANDU, APR 20 - Former Chairman of the Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies (Nafea) Som Lal Bataju who was undergoing treatment for A (H1N1) virus, popularly known as swine flu, passed away in the Capital on Sunday.

Bataju, the proprietor of SOS Manpower in Dhapasi, breathed his last at around 2 am yesterday night. He had been admitted to Dhapasi-based Grande Hospital after contracting the disease two weeks ago and was undergoing treatment.

Comment

One more dies of swine flu in Jajarkot

Jajarkot, April 21: Swine flu has claimed one more life in Jajarkot district Monday night.
                            The deceased has been identified as Lalbir Nepali, 61, of Ramidanda VDC-7 in the district. Assistant Chief District Officer Shivaraj Sedhain said with this, swine flu death toll in Jajarkot has reached 26.
                            - See more at: http://nepalaawaj.com/2015/04/37952.....84sGKtRh.dpuf

Comment

Meanwhile, the swine flu fears

Posted on April 21, 2015 by Mainkhabar in News with 0 Comments
                              kalikot ma swine flu
                              Menakhabara / KALIKOT, 8 May | WFP swine flu have not been able to come under control when mehalamudi Kotvada remote VDCs are four dozen more patient.

Mehalamudi VDC ward no 5 of the 50 and 60 of the patients in the District Public Health Office, a senior sources said Ridge. Those who are sick because of seasonal flu or swine flu is not to be aware that, according to the District Public Health kalikotale.

Mehalamudi VDC 5 pagati and tikuva village residents who are sick. Swine flu patient might have been terrorizing villagers, saying local Janak lung.

More than four dozen villages once the patient is preparing to send the district health team worker, sources said today ought to go.

For those who are sick with fever, flu symptoms, such as are seen to pursue. Those who are sick of coming in sub-health post local mehalamudi lung local Janak said.

District headquarters mehalamudi must walk to reach almost a day's walk. Hiumdevali upon employment of young people in India, this time for Rabi Crops Lt. phakirke village elders saying. Swine flu fears could be a glimpse of India has been phakirkakaharule.

The same ramanakota VDC number 9 kharduma also more than a hundred are sick. Sent a team of health for the health care of the patient's chief district officer Pradeep Shrestha khardu informed.

According to local teachers rebel Controlled ramanakota VDC vadanambara 7 khardugaumma a child has died. Krishnalal three-year-old daughter, Rina Kathayat kathayataki died. Khardugaumma a week, people are sick.
                              mainkhabar.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, mainkhabar.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
                              X