Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal - 5 dead, dozens ill in Viral outbreak

BAJHANG, AUG 29 -

Two children died and dozens of others were taken ill due to an outbreak of viral fever in northern VDCs in Bajhang district within the past two weeks.

Viral fever is taking its tolls on about half-a-dozen VDCs, including Kanda, Melbisauna and Datola. Deputy Superintendent of Police Jaya Raj Sapkota said eight-year-old Bhupindra Bohara and eight-month-old Lalita Dhami of Kanda VDC died of viral fever. The area hit by viral fever is about three-day walk from Chainpur, the district headquarters of Bajhang.

A police team from the nearby post was sent to the affected area to assess the situation following a rumour that as many as five persons died in the area.

FluTrackers 2012 thread: http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=191787
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Nepal - 2 dead, dozens ill in Viral outbreak

Viral fever grips Achham

Achham, Aug. 29: This hill district in the far-west region is gripped by viral fever of late. The number of viral fever patients is increasing every day. More than five to seven patients daily come to hospital for treatment, said the hospital source.

Viral fever kills five
    Added At: 2013-08-28 11:20 PM Last Updated At: 2013-08-28 11:20 PM

BAJHANG: At least five persons died in the past two weeks after an outbreak of viral fever in the remote Kanda VDC of Bajhang. The deceased have been identified as Bhupendra Bohora, 8, an eight-month-old baby Lalita Dhami, Chandramal Bohora, 43, Mandhara Bohora, 33, and Dirgha Bohora, 32. They were suffering from viral fever since second week of August. “Many others have been suffering from the fever"
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X