Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2018 in Japan

REVISED & CORRECTED

I found errors in the case numbers at Narita airport on June 27 and July 5 and all the tables and charts are revised and corrected accordingly.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2018 in Japan

Update of Novel Flu in Japan
      July 9, 2009

Over 100 new cases for two days.

The following table and charts are as of 11:00am July 9, 2009.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20090709table.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	649850
      Source: Ministry of Health Labor and Welfare

Name:	20090709all.GIF
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	649849
      Note: Due to differences in cutting time, daily numbers and daily accumulated numbers may be different from other reports.

Source: Infectious Disease Surveillance Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
      http://idsc.nih.go.jp/disease/swine_influenza/epi2009/090708epi.html

Source: Infectious Disease Surveillance Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
      http://idsc.nih.go.jp/disease/swine_influenza/2009map/090708map.html

Name:	20090709age.GIF
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	649848

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2046 in Japan

July 10, 2009

Over 100 new cases for three days.

The following table and charts are as of 11:00am July 10, 2009.

Name:	20090710table.GIF
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	649856

Name:	20090710all.GIF
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	649855
        Note: Due to differences in cutting time, daily numbers and daily accumulated numbers may be different from other reports.

http://idsc.nih.go.jp/disease/swine_...090710epi.html

http://idsc.nih.go.jp/disease/swine_...090710map.html

Name:	20090710age.GIF
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	649854

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2046 in Japan

July 12, 2009

No update from the Ministry of Health in the weekend.

The following tables and chart are as of 6:00am July 11 and 12, 2009.

Name:	20090711table.GIF
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	649863  Click image for larger version

Name:	20090712table.GIF
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	649865

Name:	20090712all.GIF
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	649864

It took 26 days (from May 16 to June 11) to reach the first 500.
          It took 15 days (from June 11 to June 26) to reach the second 500 or 1000 in total.
          It took only 7 days (from June 26 to July 3) to reach the third 500 or 1500 in total.
          It took only 4 days (from July 3 to July 7) to reach the fourth 500 or 2000 in total.
          It took only 5 days (from July 7 to July 12) to reach the fifth 500 or 2500 in total.
          How many days it will take to exceed 3000?

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2514 in Japan

Additional information as at 16:00 July 9

Name:	20090709table2.GIF
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	649867

Name:	20090709onset.GIF
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	649866

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/kinkyu/kenkou/influenza/houdou/2009/07/dl/infuh0710-02.pdf

Comment

Your Work is very important and thus I would like to send to you a strong message of appreciation, SN!

However, I must ask you whether in Japan are there updates or news about hospitalized patients and ICU admissions.

These informations are of the maximum importance for a correct evaluation of the impact of the pandemic H1N1 2009 virus in your country, as well as the possible therapeutical regimen adopted by health care providers.

Comment

Originally posted by ironorehopper View Post
                Your Work is very important and thus I would like to send to you a strong message of appreciation, SN!

However, I must ask you whether in Japan are there updates or news about hospitalized patients and ICU admissions.

These informations are of the maximum importance for a correct evaluation of the impact of the pandemic H1N1 2009 virus in your country, as well as the possible therapeutical regimen adopted by health care providers.

Thank you, Ironorehopper, for your encouraging words.

Yes, I understand how important the information about the severity of symptoms is.

I try my best to make my report as complete as possible and confirm its accuracy before posting. (I would very much like to.) However, the media coverage has become so little and sporadic that I have to rely only on official accounts of novel flu from the Ministry of health and local governments, which are often incomplete and belated.

While I cannot confirm most hospitalized cases, there is no news or information of severe symptoms for 19 patients hospitalized as of July 9. No ICU or ventilators or complications or underlying health conditions.

Actually, I couldn’t find any hospitalized cases in Hokkaido (except the 3 cases below), Tokyo, Fukuoka prefectures and I am wondering if patients who stayed in hospitals for treatments, health checks or surveillance might have been counted as “hospitalized” but discharged later after very short stays eventually.

Three hospitalized patients in Hokkaido I could confirm were Indonesian students visiting Hokkaido as a part of International Exchange Program and they stayed in a hospital not because of their symptoms but because, I suppose, they couldn’t stay in their hotel.

In other cases, generally speaking, most patients are sent back to their home for home healthcare but some local governments and health care centers that haven't had any cases so far still prefer hospitalization to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Comment

Yes, thank you SN1987A for your contributions to Flutrackers.com

I agree with SN1987A. I've also been monitoring the Japanese media and I haven't heard or seen any reports of deaths or severe cases of the Pandemic H1N1 in Japan. I don't know if this is due to masks, tamiflu, green tea, summer humidity or the phenol based mouth gargles everybody uses. Or maybe the severe cases are coded as pneumonia instead of pneumonia secondary to H1N1. Many clinics and hospitals are terrified of being first in an given area to have a case of H1N1 for fear patients would flee to other hospitals.

Comment

July 13, 2009

Hi, Tyto. Thank you for your comment.

The following is as at 11:00am 13 July 2009.

Name:	20090713table.GIF
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	649870

Name:	20090713all.GIF
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	649871

Name:	20090713age.GIF
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	649869

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2656 in Japan

July 14, 2009

Wow! What happened? I murmured in spite of myself.
                      A daily number of 263 is more than double the average number of last 7 days.
                      Osaka and Kanagawa prefectures are always leading, with 40 and 57 new cases respectively.
                      There seem to be many school infections in both prefectures.
                      5 patients were confirmed in Narita airport today.

The following table and charts are as of 11:00am July 14, 2009.

Name:	20090714table.GIF
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	649874

Name:	20090714all.GIF
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	649873

Name:	20090714age.GIF
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	649872

The Ministry of Health previously announced that they will stop tracking individual cases by the middle of July and they will report only group cases after that.
                      I wonder if it really happens? If so, today or tomorrow?

Comment

• Re: Aso calls for calm response as new flu infections reach 2919 in Japan

Perhaps the margarine - with Vitamin D? It would be heartening if there were no severe cases!
                        "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Thanks to SN for that info. Interesting to see the age split. I wish we had something like that for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwibird View Post
                            Perhaps the margarine - with Vitamin D? It would be heartening if there were no severe cases!
                            Hello kiwib., to make the souls up,
                            I hadn't resist to not post,
                            that remember me ...

Any case, butter with vitamin D sounds better.

Comment

Novel Flu patients exceed 3000
                              23:40 July 14, 2009
                              Source: http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/ne....htm?from=navr

The cumulative total of novel flu patients has surpassed 3000 on July 14 since the first patient was confirmed on May 9.

Over 100 patients were reported today from Chiba, Hyogo and Yamaguchi prefectures.
                              It took 47 days (from May 9 to June 25) to reach 1000.
                              It took 12 days (from June 25 to July 7) to reach 2000.
                              It took only 7 days (from July 7 to July 14) to reach 3000.

However, it doesn't draw attention at all.

Name:	20090713trends.GIF
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	649876

Comment

Originally posted by kiwibird View Post
                                Hi, Kiwibird

Yes. No severe case was really a good thing in a bad situation so far.
                                If there were any flu-related death in Japan, it would have been a much grim thing to work on all these numbers.

As for margerine and vitamine D, here I submit my homework.
                                Do you see any correlation?

Name:	20090714MargarineVitamineD.GIF
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	649880

Comment

Working...
                                X