Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 300 - 1 death

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gert van der Hoek
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 300 - 1 death

    Brunei detects 20 new cases of A/H1N1 flu, total cases reach 300

    www.chinaview.cn 2009-07-13

    KUALA LUMPUR, July 13 (Xinhua) -- The Brunei Health Ministry on Monday detected 20 more cases of A/H1N1 cases, raising the number of total cases in the country to 300.

    The ministry said that 182 patients of the total patients had recovered, while 1,156 close contacts of the patients had completed their quarantine period.

    The ministry said that Brunei was currently in phase 6b, which meant that the pandemic was on-going worldwide, included Brunei, according to the country's "Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Plan".

    The ministry also said that it would continue to monitor the flu condition by tracing close contacts of the confirmed cases, limiting number of visitors to hospitals, encouraging social distancing and promoting personal hygiene.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gert van der Hoek
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 207 - 1 death

    Brunei detects 33 new cases of A/H1N1 flu, total 207

    www.chinaview.cn 2009-07-08

    KUALA LUMPUR, July 8 (Xinhua) -- The Brunei Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed 33 new cases of A/H1N1 flu, bringing the number of the total cases in the country to 207.

    The ministry said 94 patients of the total cases had recovered and 509 close contacts of the patients had completed their quarantine period.

    Meanwhile, the ministry found in the preliminary analysis on cases of the disease that some 40 percent of the cases started to show symptoms of flu within three days of infection, and over 80 percent of them had two or more symptoms.

    The ministry also urges people who have shown flu-like symptoms and undergone the testing for the contagious disease, to isolate themselves from family members and friends until the test result were released. They are also asked to wear masks to prevent the spread of the infection to other people.

    Leave a comment:


  • FrenchieGirl
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 174 - 1 death

    A/H1N1 flu cases rise to 174 in Brunei

    www.chinaview.cn 2009-07-07 19:36:55

    KUALA LUMPUR, July 7 (Xinhua) -- The Brunei Health Ministry reported another 10 new cases of A/H1N1 flu on Tuesday, rising the total number of the cases in the country to 174.

    The ministry said that it was investigating the new cases, adding that 76 of the total cases in the country had been discharged from hospital, while 88 patients were still under treatment.

    The ministry said that 387 close contacts had completed their quarantine so far.

    The Brunei Health Ministry also said that it would continue to cooperate with the Brunei Education Ministry in monitoring the health of students in the country.

    The two ministries are taking measures, including temperature screening for students and staff before they enter classrooms.

    Leave a comment:


  • FrenchieGirl
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 142 - 1 death

    SITUATIONAL UPDATE INFLUENZA A (H1N1) ? NO. 43
    By Reedz on July 5, 2009

    249 CLOSE CONTACTS OF INFLUENZA A H1N1 COMPLETED QUARANTINE

    The Ministry of Health today has informed that 249 close contacts of Influenza A H1N1 have completed their quarantine period whilst 56 confirmed cases have completed treatment for the infection.

    Meanwhile, as of 4pm today, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 18 new cases of Influenza A (H1N1), bringing the total in the country to 142 cases. Of the 23 cases reported yesterday, 10 cases have travel history to neighbouring countries, 9 are local cases whilst investigations are still on-going for the remaining 4 cases.

    The Ministry of Health continues to remind members of the public who are showing symptoms of Influenza A H1N1 such fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, difficulty in breathing, joint pains, headache, dizziness, diarrhea or vomiting to:

    Immediately seek medical attention.

    Wear an appropriate mask to prevent the spread of the infection to other people.

    Keep themselves isolated from other family members and friends until they have recovered.

    Refrain from going to public places including shopping malls, recreational parks, schools.

    Refrain from attending family gatherings and functions.

    Refrain from visiting patients in the hospital.

    As Influenza A (H1N1) is highly infectious and can affect daily activities for those who are infected, the Ministry of Health also reminds the public to maintain good personal hygiene with:

    Frequent hand washing using soap and water and drying hands using disposable napkins or electrical hand dryer.

    Use of disposable tissue paper containing alcohol or antimicrobial gel in the absence of a hand washing facility.

    Covering nose and mouth with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and immediately throw the tissue paper away in the rubbish bin.

    Avoiding being with people who have symptoms of influenza.

    Avoiding going to crowded places.

    For further enquiries and information, the public can contact Healthline 145 during office hours and 8220991 outside of working hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gert van der Hoek
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 93 - 1 death

    First Swine Fever Death In Brunei: 12-Year Old Child Dies


    Last Updated on Thursday, 02 July 2009 21:04

    Written by Ignatius Stephen, Asharuddin Ahanapiah & Hj Shamsul DP Suni

    Thursday, 02 July 2009 20:31

    Disease Edges Up Towards 100

    BREAKING NEWS: Bandar Seri Begawan ? Swine flu claimed its first victim in Brunei today as a 12-year-old child died in the hospital this morning as the cases inched towards the 100 mark since the first outbreak here on June 20.

    A Health Ministry press release said that laboratory tests confirmed that the child was tested positive for Influenza A (H1N1).

    The ministry is investigating the background of the patient?s H1N1 infection.

    The press statement added that the patient also had Auto-immune Hepatitis end stage liver failure and pneumonia and has been in critical condition since June 26.

    The pandemic set another record here today as the most number of people so far in a day ? 27 new ones ? brought the total in the sultanate so far reached 93 cases. All these cases are being investigated, the ministry said.

    As the situation deteriorated strict controls have been imposed in hospital visiting hours. The ministry said that In view of the increasing number of reported cases, it emphasized the importance of the public in adhering to the visiting regulations at all government hospitals.

    The public are told not to bring children aged 12 and below to visit patients. They are only to visit during the stipulated visiting hours and to limit two visitors for every patient.

    For those who have just returned from overseas or showing symptoms of Influenza A (H1N1), are advised not to visit patients in the hospital.

    Meanwhile so far 21 patients have been discharged from Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Hospital, Tutong, the statement said.



    credits Shiloh

    Leave a comment:


  • Gert van der Hoek
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Confirmed Cases H1N1 - 66

    Highest Number Falls Ill Of Swine Fever Today



    Wednesday, 01 July 2009 20:49

    Community Transmission Feared


    Bandar Seri Begawan - A record number fell ill with swine flu today in Brunei, bringing the total to 66 cases as the disease began to peak. Twenty-four more people have fallen sick, said the Health Ministry.

    Meanwhile there has been a far more possibly serious development in the outbreak of the pandemic in Brunei as the Health Ministry announced that there could be the probability of community transmission of the disease which could turn out to be more alarming.

    That means, the disease could reach a dangerous stage whereby it could become homegrown, a more concerned situation.

    Previously, the swine flu in Brunei had been coming from abroad so far and therefore it was easier to manage its spread but community transmission is harder to control because it could easily transmit from person to person locally spreading far more rapidly.

    There is a possibility that a community transmission might have happened in the case of a 15-year-old girl here because she had no history of going out of the country or that of having contact with those who were infected, an official press release said.

    In view of that, the ministry is anaylising an emergency management protocol.

    Under the management protocol, people with the disease could be confined to their homes in mild cases and the suitability of home treatment worked out to ensure that there are no close contacts with those with chronic diseases or with pregnant women while strengthening medication.

    There is the possibility that the Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Hospital, Tutong will become a full fledged isolation centre for the flu for the first time.

    Meanwhile, the authorities have analysed the cases who were foreign arrivals. They are, London (9) Kuala Lumpur (8) Kota Kinabalu (6) Johor (1) Lawas (1) Singapore (2) Philippine (2) and Laos (1).

    Twenty four people were infected by the foreign arrivals and 12 were still under investigation as to where the virus came from, the ministry said.

    The health ministry press release said today alone 24 more people where stricken with the disease, as compared to 10 yesterday indicating a rapid rise as H1N1 continued to rage among Bruneians.

    Schools which have been closed for a week since Monday is likely to remain closed for sometime sources indicated.

    Following the increase number of cases now in Brunei, the Health Ministry has announced taking various precautionary steps to contain the disease from further spreading.

    brudirect, brudirectcom, bruneidirect, bruneidirectcom, bruneiclassified, bruneiclassifiedads, bruclass, bruads, bruneinews, bruneimedia, bruneiportal, bruneidarusssalam, brunei, darussalam, news, media

    Leave a comment:


  • Gert van der Hoek
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 20

    Swine Flue In Brunei Hit The 20 Mark


    Last Updated on Friday, 26 June 2009

    Written by Ignatius Stephen


    Two More Down With It

    Bandar Seri Begawan - Swine flu in Brunei has reached 20 with two more new ones being confirmed today.

    The Ministry of Health has confirmed two new cases of Influenza A (H1N1) here, bringing the total in the country to 20 sick with it, the Health Ministry announced.

    Of the 20 cases confirmed to date, 12 had a history of overseas travel. The remaining eight were close contacts of the previous cases.

    The ministry said the 19th case involved a 47-year-old male, Permanent Resident of Brunei who went to Kuala Lumpur on June 19.

    The patient returned to Brunei on June 22 via Miri on the AK5186 flight. On June 25 the patient sought medical attention and laboratory test confirmed positive on June 26. The patient is currently undergoing treatment and is in good condition, a ministry spokesman said.

    The 20th case is an 18-year-old female who went to the neighbouring Sabah capital Kota Kinabalu, by car on June 23 and returned to Brunei on June 25.

    The patient developed symptoms on the day of return and saught medical attention. The laboratory tests confirmed positive on June 26. She is currently undergoing treatment and is in good condition.

    Meanwhile, four confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) previously reported has recovered and discharged from Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Hospital, Tutong.

    Prior to discharge from the hospital, the cases had undergone tests to ensure that they are well and free of Influenza A (H1N1) infection.

    The Health Ministry continued to advise the public who has recently returned from overseas trip to voluntarily reduce social activities and interactions for seven days.

    Members of the public are also advised to monitor their health and seek immediate medical attention if they develop symptoms. Precautionary steps by practicing good personal hygiene should be practiced at all times, the press release said.

    Leave a comment:


  • FrenchieGirl
    replied
    Re: Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 2

    6 cases - No link to protect the source. It will probably be in the news in a few hours from now.

    Leave a comment:


  • FrenchieGirl
    started a topic Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 300 - 1 death

    Brunei Darussalam - Cases - 300 - 1 death

    Written by The Brunei Times Monday, 22 June 2009 09:59

    Bandar Seri Begawan - The second case of Influenza a (H1N1) has been reported in Brunei, just a day after the nation's first case was announced.
    In a press statement, the Ministry of Health yesterday confirmed that a 16-year-old Bruneian female was reported to have displayed the symptoms of the virus, a day after arriving from a six-day trip in Singapore which fell on June 19.

    In light of these developments, the ministry advised the public not to be alarmed or worried. It would also like to emphasise the need for the public to avoid or delay their trips to affected areas, if possible.

    Also in a separate reminder, the ministry would also like to remind the public that the seasonal influenza vaccine that is currently available in the country does not protect them against Influenza a (H1N1).

    The statement said the girl sought medical treatment the following day at the Outpatient services of the Bandar Seri Begawan Health Centre in JIn Ong Sum Ping. Upon testing positive for H1N1, she was transferred to the prepared isolation wards of Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Hj AlMuhtadee Billah Hospital in Tutong, where she is currently receiving treatment.

    The ministry said, the girl, whose name was not disclosed, is currently in good condition and it will be investigating who has come in contact with her since she fell ill and if they are at risk of infection, will he quarantined to prevent further spread of the disease.

    As the patient only began to develop symptoms 12 hours after arriving in the country, the ministry will not be contacting passengers on flight B10422, which arrived from Singapore on June 18, due to the minimal risk of infection to other passengers at that time.

    However, those who have recently arrived from affected countries are advised to seek medical attention if they develop symptoms of the infection.

    Meanwhile, the first victims, who have contracted the virus, is improving in his conditions but is still undergoing treatment at the aforementioned hospital. All contacts of this case have been identified and are currently under quarantine.

    Members of the public who have developed symptoms and who have recently returned from an overseas trip arc urged to seek medical attention. They are also advised to stay at home and to avoid crowded places.

    The public are also reminded to take precautions by practising good personal hygiene, especially when visiting other countries.--Courtesy ot The Brunei Times
Working...
X