• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird flu in Bhairahawa

Presumably H5N1 - Ro

Bird flu in Bhairahawa

Added At: 2013-04-25 10:46 PM Last Updated At: 2013-04-25 10:46 PM

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
    BHAIRAHAWA: After Chitwan and Rupandehi, bird flu cases have been reported in Bhairahawa on Thursday. Laxman Dhakal, chief of the District Livestock Office, Rupendehi, said the virus has been confirmed at Sandip Poultry Farm, after samples collected from the farm tested positive. The farm belongs to Dirganarayan Yadav at Pokharvindi VDC. Dhakal said four fowls were culled in the farm. More than 200 poultry farms are registered in the district. He said an awareness programme against bird flu needs to be conducted in the district.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Bird flu in Bhairahawa

Bird flu in Rupandehi
    Added At: 2013-04-27 10:19 PM Last Updated At: 2013-04-27 10:19 PM
    HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE
    BHAIRAHAWA: Authorities have confirmed bird flu virus at Pokharvindi in Rupandehi. The virus was detected at the Bhatapurhawa-based Laxmi Poultry Farm owned by Santa Kumar Yadav. More than 200 fowls and 50 kilograms of chicken feed were destroyed on Saturday following the confirmation of flu after samples of dead chicken tested positive, said Dr Laxman Dhakal, chief of the District Livestock Office, Bhairahawa.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X