Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Korea - Radio interview of Lee Junwon, Vice Minister of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock about H5N6 avian outbreak - December 15, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Korea - Radio interview of Lee Junwon, Vice Minister of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock about H5N6 avian outbreak - December 15, 2016

"Today, the AI ​​is the reason for migratory birds," Lee Joon-
    [Today] Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry Minister Lee Jun-won "This AI,
    YTN radio (FM 94.5) [Metropolitan area Today]

□ Broadcast date and time: Thursday, December 15, 2016
    □ Performer: Lee Joon Won Vice Minister of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock

- Domestic outbreaks occur near H5N6 AI, Sun migratory birds.
    - There is no AI in the wild migratory birds until the virus is found in the feces.
    - Seo Sang-hee claims that summer inflow and winter season are not feasible

- Currently, disposal is best ...
    It's 24 hours, but it takes 2.4 days at the scene.
    - Inadequate manpower.

- Reduction of the disposal of the disposal, disinfection thoroughly if the AI ​​can be stopped
    - In winter, there is a problem of compensation, restriction, and supply and demand ...
    - The type of AI that can occur can not be specified.

- Disinfection process during the period of stopping temporary movement ...

◇ Jang Won-seok announcer (hereafter Jang Won-seok): In the Metropolitan Newspaper 'Today Focus', on the 16th of last month, we have been continuously interviewing AI for the first time since the first report of avian influenza from Chungbuk province. I have heard about the characteristics of avian influenza, the reason for spreading the virus, the human body infection, and the farmhouse situation. Since 2003 we have already undergone AI 6th. This sixth AI has evolved into the worst AI ever in a month. In the first atmosphere that there is nothing but the way of handling it after the infection occurrence hurriedly, there is also a voice that there is only the anti - Today, I am going to listen to the control tower, the Ministry of Agriculture, who is managing avian influenza AI. Lee Joon Won of the Ministry of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock Good morning?

◆ Lee, Joon Won Vice Minister of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock (Lee Jun Won): Yes, hello.

◇ Jang Won-seok: This AI is causing the biggest damage in the shortest time in history. What is the current state of radio waves or damage that has been detected so far?

◆ Lee, Jun-won: It will be a situation that has occurred all over the country except Gyeongnam, Gyeongbuk, and Jeju since the first on November 16th in Chonnam province, Haenam and Chungbuk province. As of now, 71 cases have been reported, 41 cases have been confirmed as H5N6, and the rest are being examined. Looking at the current situation, all of them are expected to be highly pathogenic AI. To date, more than 14 million have been disposed of, including 12 million laying hens and 2 million ducks.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, when the time comes, migratory birds flying from other countries flock with viruses and transfer bird flu to domestic poultry. Is there still a change in the position of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry?

◆ Lee, Joon Won: Yes, this is the first type of H5N6 in Korea. Genetic analysis shows that the gene is very similar to the H5N6 virus from Guangdong province, China in early 2016. Therefore, when estimating this inflow route, the wild birds infected with H5N6 that originated in China earlier this year went to Siberia and northern China in summer, cross-contaminated with other migratory birds there, migrated to South Korea . In the case of Japan, it is estimated that the H5N6 type AI, which is the same as our country, is spread by migratory birds because it occurs near the migratory birds.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, did you issue a third stoppage order for AI this past 48 hours from 0:00 to today 0:00 on the 13th? I have prevented the movement of vehicles and related workers for egg collection, feed and manure handling. Is there a suspicion in the meantime? There is a questionable voice about its effectiveness. How do you see this?

◆ Lee Jun Won: Yes, the temporary suspension order is to prevent the poultry workers and related vehicles from being moved and disinfected by the Japanese in preparation for the spread of AI nationwide. However, this was the third pause command, which ended at 24:00 on the day of acceptance. During this period of suspension, 53,000 poultry farms nationwide and 33,000 livestock-related vehicles participated, and a total of 90,000 participated. Because I participated in this kind of disinfection, I think it will be effective to some extent.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, you should have actually visited the scene. How did you go and see it? Has the move-off command been properly triggered, and was the post-work done well at the farmhouse?

◆ Lee, Jun-won: Yes, there have been a lot of indications that the order was not executed properly during the period of temporary suspension. So, during the temporary suspension order, I went to Sejong City at night, but I observe a lot of principles compared to the past and I expect that it will be very effective.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, you mentioned earlier that the number of poultry currently disposed of is more than 14 million, compared with 13.96 million in 1954, when it was the worst in 2014. It 's been less than a month and it' s over. It is proven by numerical value. Is not there a realistic plan besides the disposal of the flesh that buries the earth? There are many such questions. Ethically, it is not only the disposition to live in real life, how do you see this point?

Lee Jun Won: AI virus is a very scary virus. According to experts, it is inevitable to kill infected farm poultry to prevent the spread of AI, because it is a very strong virus that can spread to only 1 million chickens with only part of the stool. Developed countries are taking the same approach, for example in the United States last year with AI. So, in the case of the United States, there is a case of disposing 50 million of them. In order to minimize such disposal, it is necessary to prevent the horizontal propagation between the farms. In order to do this, it is important to prevent disinfection and movement control.

◇ Jang Won-suk: But there are a lot of complaints anyway. I missed Golden Time. Is not there a lack of control personnel? There are many stories like this, how about the manpower situation?

◆ Lee, Joon Won: Currently, only 1.2 people are working in the city. This is why we now have a government-wide anti-proliferation system, which means that we are in charge of all the public officials and all the equipment in the city, as well as the livestock-related public officials. I will.

◇ Changwon: Yes. Do you plan to increase or increase the number of livestock poultry workers?

◆ Lee, Joon Won: Yes, it takes a long time to fill up. So, we plan to mobilize public officials other than livestock and pest control and implement measures against pests.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, it is said that it takes two to three days and five days in the field now, and there is a voice of concern that there is no way to stop spreading.

◆ Lee Joon Won: To prevent spreading, it is very important to quickly dispose of it within 24 hours. The disposal is now delayed by about 2.4 days. So, I will mobilize all kinds of human resources as well as civil servants and disposal workers, and I will try to dispose of them early, and I will take the initiative to take the initiative and take part in the disposal.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Yes, I'm in the media now that I need 15 to 20 people per farm. The reality is that about five people are involved. Those who work in the field are likely to be fatigued. Is there a way to secure manpower immediately?

◆ Lee, Joon Won: In order to secure additional manpower now, we are taking special measures to secure more manpower, such as various treatments, for participating personnel.

◇ Jang Won-suk: The government has been able to prevent the migration of migratory birds until now, so once the infection has been reported, It came out. This is what Professor Seo Sang-hee of Chungnam University said in a press release. Analyzing the virus that came out of China, the whole thing is similar, as you said earlier, that a particular gene does not exactly coincide with that of China. So this is because the virus is coming in Korea and it is hot in the summer, so it does not appear symptoms, but it turns cold this time. I heard that it happened in a short period of time in an area that is not related to the evidence. How do you see this?

◆ Lee Jun Won: We compare the H5N6 in Guangdong province, China with the H5N6 in China, which is about 99%. It is not 100% identical, so we also have about 350,000 migratory bird surveys annually. However, until October 28, the wild migratory birds did not develop highly pathogenic AI in wild birds or poultry until the feces were generated. It means that there was no high-pathogenic H5N6 in Korea before October 28th. So, I do not think we are right about what Seo Sang-hee claims. For reference, according to Science, the world 's top three academic journals, in 2014 and 15 years AI was very prevalent in Europe and North America.
    This is due to the intercontinental movement of wild birds.

◇ Jang Won-suk: Today, there are various stories in various media. The government disinfects with the disinfectant supplied by the government, and replenishes the facility by paying big money, but the government puts too much responsibility on the farmers. Some say that the disinfectant does not work, how do you see it?

◆ Lee Jun Won: In fact, the problem of disinfectant was raised not only this time but also the problem of disinfectant at the beginning of the year. So we collected all the disinfectants in the first half of this year and tested for efficacy.
    Of these, 27 disinfectants appeared to be ineffective,http://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0103_201612151039530775
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com
Working...
X