• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC: Dog owners on high alert after mysterious deaths in Washington Heights

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ts/ar-AA149w0P

Dog owners on high alert after mysterious deaths in Washington Heights

WABC - Yesterday 5:23 PM

Dog owners are on alert after there have been at least three mysterious canine deaths in Washington Heights.
    The incidents were reported in connection to a stretch of Cabrini Boulevard in Washington Heights.

Eyewitness News spoke with one owner Tuesday who lost his four-legged friend.

"Very playful, very joyful, she played all over the place," Ralph Edwards said. "Very happy dog. Not aggressive at all. She loves everyone. If you start petting her she would just lie down on her stomach."

His 7-month-old Rottweiler Cali was his first dog. But he says two weeks ago the joyful dog wasn't herself.

"I noticed that she was being a little lethargic, and then what really made me worry was she didn't eat," Edwards said. "And when I put food down she tears it up. And then I saw blood."

Then came vomiting and countless trips to the vet - she saw three veterinarians in two days.

"It was painful especially when you don't know what it is," he said. "Sometimes you blame yourself. Did I give her the wrong food?"

Within days, Edwards had to make the painful decision to put Cali down.

He says his vet suspected Cali ate rat poison.

Along Cabrini Boulevard where Edwards used to walk Cali, dog owners say flyers were recently posted claiming several other dogs had gotten sick or died with rat poison being the likely culprit.

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed
    Governments don't have or own souls.

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X