X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameroon 2012 Health updates

UNICEF Cameroon Situation Report
    26 June ? 23 July 2012

More than 6 million people in two regions of Cameroon are affected by the Sahel crisis. The continued
    response to this crisis, supported by UNICEF and its partners, gives hope that thousands of children
    and women?s lives may be saved. With the arrival of the rainy season there is a high risk of a cholera
    epidemic, further aggravating the nutritional emergency.
    3.2 WASH
    3.2.1 Overview
    All WASH kits have now been delivered from the district level to the local Health centres and close to
    20% of these kits have now been collected by the families most in need, with severely malnourished
    children. Heavy rainfall in the North Region is making some roads impassable. This is making
    distribution and collection of WASH kits (containing water purification and clean storage elements)
    more difficult. Recent rainfall in both North and Far North regions has however meant good growth for
    crops and pastures with maize, ground-nuts and rice. The rains have also increased other WASH
    related problems such as high level of cholera breakout with one case of Cholera already confirmed in
    North Region.
    3.3.1 Epidemiological surveillance
    Epidemiological surveillance at the 28th week reports one case of yellow fever in Guider Health
    District, North Region, and one case of meningitis in Mokolo Health District. The measles epidemic
    has died down following the UNICEF supported nationwide campaign in April and May. One case of
    measles was reported from the Makary Health District, Far North Region, and two cases reported
    from Mayo Oulo, North Region. No cases of death were reported for any of the above diseases.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Cameroon 2012 Health updates

UNICEF Cameroon Situation Report
    October 27, 2012
    Epidemiological surveillance
    For the past four weeks no epidemic has been recorded. The epidemiological surveillance of diseases
    with epidemic potential shows the following situation at the 40th week (October 7) in both regions:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cam.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	660018
    At the 40th week (October 7) 4,051 and 3,926 cumulative cases of measles were reported in the North
    and Far North respectively. During the past four weeks (37th to 40th week - September 10 to October
    11) one case of measles was reported in each region, three cases of meningitis were reported in the
    North and one in the Far North, and 13 suspected cases of yellow fever were reported in the North
    region.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X