Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 21, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 24, 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Senegal - Ebola: 3 cases (1 confirmed, 2 suspected) as of September 6, 2014 (WHO Ebola Roadmap Response, September 8, 2014)

Guinean who brought Ebola to Senegal recovers from virus

Source: Reuters - Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:00 GMT

DAKAR, Sept 10 (Reuters) - The first case of the Ebola virus detected in Senegal, a 21-year-old student who arrived from neighbouring Guinea last month, has recovered from the deadly disease, a senior official said on Wednesday.

"We did a first blood test on Friday and a second 48 hours later and both of them came back negative," Papa Amadou Diack, Senegal's director of health, told Reuters. "This is very good news for the patient and for the country.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola: 3 cases (1 confirmed, 2 suspected) as of September 6, 2014 (WHO Ebola Roadmap Response, September 8, 2014)

Originally posted by alert View Post
      It seems unusual to say that the two suspect cases were waiting for the results of a second test without mentioning the results of the first test.

Was the first test negative an we are waiting for a second result to confirm it, or have the two suspects tested positive once?

And who exactly are the two suspects? Notably, they are not in the same district as the confirmed case.
      Hat-tip Pathfinder. Both suspects have been discarded as NEGATIVE:

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola: 1 confrmed case as of September 10, 2014 - all other suspects negative so far

Translation Google

COMMUNIQUE 6 ON THE EBOLA FEVER VIRUS

The results of recent tests on the imported Ebola cases are negative. These results attest to the healing of the patient who is no longer contagious. He is currently recovering in the Infectious Diseases Hospital Fann, before returning to his country of origin.

Sixty-seven (67) people who have been in contact with this patient continue to be monitored accordance with procedures established and none of them has so far developed signs of Ebola.

In addition, all alerts recorded in recent days were negative to tests by the Pasteur Institute in Dakar.

As a result, on today's date, Senegal count no case of the Ebola virus disease.

The Government appealed to the International Community to take account of this new situation.

Vigilance remains essential. The surveillance and response and continues to be strengthened across the country, especially at land, air and sea borders.

A humanitarian corridor is being developed in Dakar to facilitate the operations of humanitarian organizations assistance to countries affected by the epidemic.

Awareness and inform people continue and intensify.

In this regard, it should be remembered that the disease Ebola is transmitted through direct contact with fluids such as blood, saliva, feces, vomit, or sweat a patient or after handling and consumption meat from animals in the bush.

Made in Dakar, September 10, 2014

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
        -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola: 1 confrmed case as of September 10, 2014 - all other suspects negative so far

Translation Google

Cured of Ebola: The young Guinean wants to go home for rituals and return to Senegal

Written Friday, September 12, 2014 at 11:14 am | |

Mamadou Aliou Diallo, a young Guinean cured of the disease Ebola virus after treatment with the infectious diseases Fann, wants to go home in Guinea. But, just the time to do rituals to ward off evil spirits and return to Senegal.

This is the Health Minister Awa Marie Coll Seck who disclosed this at a meeting of the Convergence of Executives of Apr. Information that has sparked murmurs in the audience who apparently wants the departure of the young Guinean. Yet, says L'As, the recovered patient may be useful to the Senegalese and international scientific community in the fight against Ebola virus. Because according to the Minister of Health, had it not been an ethical issue, he could be kept and used in Senegal as part of the search for vaccine against the virus. Researchers will need to extract its antibodies to find a cure. But Awa Marie Coll Seck stresses that it will take the consent of the young Guinean student. "There are 800 other cases cured in the sub-region and that could serve the purpose for researchers," she said . The Health Minister regretted the way WHO listed countries where there is the Ebola virus. WHO says that even if there is one case of Ebola in a country, it is automatically classified among the epidemiological countries. This is not good because the disease has very serious "economic impact.

Ibrahima Kane Racine

Mamadou Aliou Diallo, le jeune guinéen guéri de la maladie à virus Ebola, après un traitement au service des maladies infectieuses de Fann, veut rentrer chez lui en Guinée. Mais, juste le temps de faire des rituels pour conjurer les esprits maléfiques et revenir au Sénégal. C'est le ministre d...
          "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
          -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 7, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 12, 2014)

Hattip Sharon Sanders

WHO: Ebola Response Roadmap Situation Report 3

12 September 2014
            OVERVIEW

The total number of probable, confirmed and suspected cases in the current outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in West Africa was 4366, with 2218 deaths, as at 7 September 2014 (see table 1).
            In Senegal, one person, who travelled by road from Guinea to Dakar on 20 August, tested positive for Ebola on 27 August. 67 of their contacts are being followed-up, none of whom have tested positive so far.
            Senegal
            All
            Cases: 1 confirmed, 2 suspected, 0 deaths
            Last edited by Pathfinder; September 12, 2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: link
            -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 13, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 16, 2014)

Hattip: Jim Oliveros

WHO: Ebola Response Road Map Update September 16, 2014
              http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/1...4_eng.pdf?ua=1
              -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 13, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 16, 2014)

WHO: Ebola Response Roadmap Situation Report
                18 September 2014
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebola.png
Views:	2
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	662010

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 14, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 18, 2014)

Translation google

Sat, September 20

Ebola: Smiling, the young Guinean who carried the Ebola virus in Senegal returns home ...

Dakar - Mamadou Aliou Diallo, which disrupted the sleep of millions of Senegalese carrying the deadly virus, ebola in the country of Teranga has returned to his country. He left the Senegalese capital on Friday aboard a special jet, learned Africaguinee.com, from official sources of Senegal.

Before his departure, the survivor of Ebola apologized to all Senegalese to have 'inadvertently' sent this disease in their country. The young Aliou Diallo who looked very fit, paid a warm tribute and thanked the Senegalese authorities for their hospitality.

'I'm really sorry for being the first to be suspected of the disease in the country here. But it was not my fault. This is not to send this drama that made me come here (in Senegal). I just came for my holiday. And then I had other goals. I say to all Senegalese I'm really sorry, I'm really sorry ', said the young Guinean on the antennas on Senegalese television (RTS).

The Senegalese president has given a symbolic support to the young Guinean which all property was destroyed. Mamadou Aliou Diallo rejoice: 'I'm happy to be healed, I'm happy with the hospital staff and all those who supported me financially, and to all those who sympathized with the pain that I' have endured. I thank the Senegalese government, I thank the Ministry of Health, I thank the President of the Republic (of Senegal), I am really happy with the country '.

Mamadou Aliou Diallo decided once at home to go and visit the grave of his mother. 'I have other things to do in the family. I also decided to visit the grave of my mother 'says the miraculously cured, which now intends to devote a portion of his life to humanitarian work to make his part in improving global health.

'I decided to see how to interact with individuals who care not only for health of Guinea, or West Africa, I will now contribute to global health. I will do my best to make this contribution even if it is for one day ', he has revealed.

Diallo Boubacar 1

For Africaguinee.com

-Nelson Mandela

Comment

Re: Senegal - Ebola outbreak: 1 confirmed case, 0 deaths as of September 14, 2014 (WHO Ebola Response Roadmap September 18, 2014)

Translation Google

Ebola: the plane of the Guinean student cured of the disease in Senegal prohibits landing home

It was an eventful trip for Mamadou Diallo A., young Guinean cured of Ebola and embarked Friday on a special military flight to Guinea. Conakry has indeed refused the landing of the Senegalese plane , prompting the crew to land at the airfield of Kedougou. It is from this Senegalese region that Diallo returned to his country via road.

The axis-Conakry Dakar are not breathing good understanding. Proof by what happened during the return of the young Mamadou A. Diallo, cured of Ebola virus in Senegal. Last Friday, while Dakar believed to do well, chartering a special flight of the Army, for the return of Diallo, Conakry was waiting firm foot. Indeed, the military plane was unable to land at the airport in Conakry, because it did not obtain landing clearance. The aircraft in question has long hovered in the sky of Guinea, never obtaining the green light. This is of war weary that the crew decided to land at the airfield Kedougou. Mamadou Aliou Diallo Young finally returned home by road from the K?dougou.

Quite illustrative attitude Guinean frustrations born among other things, of the management of Mamadou A. Diallo case. Indeed, on several occasions, the Guinean press had echoes of Conakry convictions about the Senegalese decision to close its border with Guinea.

The Dakar-Conakry deteriorates...

with le Quotidien
                    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 3:09 p.m.

Ce fut un voyage mouvementé pour Mamadou A. Diallo, le jeune Guinéen guéri du virus Ebola et embarqué vendredi dernier à bord d’un vol militaire spécial en direction de la Guinée. Conakry a en effet refusé l’atterrissage de l’avion sénégalais, poussant l’équipage à atterrir à l’aérodrome de...
                    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

WHO: EBOLA RESPONSE ROADMAP UPDATE
                      24 September 2014
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebola.png
Views:	3
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	662039
                      In Senegal, all contacts have now completed 21-day follow-up, with no further cases of EVD
                      reported. A 42-day follow-up (2 ? 21-day incubation period) period with no further cases must have
                      elapsed before an outbreak in a country is considered to have ended.
                      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
                      X