Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigeria - Kaduna records another suspected case of Ebola - 19 year old student at Ahmadu Bello University - NEGATIVE - Dengue confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigeria - Kaduna records another suspected case of Ebola - 19 year old student at Ahmadu Bello University - NEGATIVE - Dengue confirmed

BREAKING: Kaduna records first suspected case of Ebola
    September 2, 2014
    Abdullahi Garba

A 19- year old student of Law at the Ahmadu Bello University is suspected to be down with the deadly Ebola virus in Kaduna.

The Public Relations Officer, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, ABUTH, Bilyaminu Umar, while confirming the case on Monday when contacted via phone said the student was diagnosed at ABUTH, Shika, Zaria, and that he showed some symptoms associated with the disease.

?Yes, there was a case of a suspected Ebola patient. He is with the Faculty of Law, ABU, Zaria and will be placed on isolation. I am out of town, but will confirm details on my return from a trip,? he said.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Re: Nigeria - Kaduna records first suspected case of Ebola - 19 year old student at Ahmadu Bello University

That's not accurate. Kaduna has already had and discarded a previous suspect case:

Comment

Re: Nigeria - Kaduna records first suspected case of Ebola - 19 year old student at Ahmadu Bello University

More sources:

Ebola hits Kaduna

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on September 2, 2014@dailypostngr

Barley one week after the Federal government announced the containment of the Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, news reaching DailyPost indicates that a 19- year old student of Law at the Ahmadu Bello University has been diagnosed with the killer disease in Kaduna.

The Public Relations Officer, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, ABUTH, Bilyaminu Umar, who confirmed the case to Premium Times said the student was diagnosed at ABUTH, Shika, Zaria.

?Yes, there was a case of a suspected Ebola patient. He is with the Faculty of Law, ABU, Zaria and will be placed on isolation. I am out of town, but I will confirm details on my return from the trip,? he said.

Details later??

Daily Post

ABU student in Kaduna isolated for suspected Ebola

September 2, 2014

A law student of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Kaduna State, has been taken into isolation after falling ill in a manner symptomatic of Ebola virus disease (EVD).

Thot Dogo, state commissioner of health, said the 19-year-old student, who had been hospitalised at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) for more than a week, only showed the Ebola-like symptoms on Tuesday.

According to Dogo, the blood sample of the patient had been sent to a laboratory in Lagos for tests, saying the outcome would be disclosed on Thursday, which will determine the next line of action.

Businessdayonline

See also:

Ebola Update: Ebola outbreak in Kaduna records first suspected Ebola case

Osun Defender
      Ebola Hits Kaduna

Daily Times
      ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
      Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

computertranslation

Ebola: first suspected case reported in a state in northern Nigeria

French.china.org.cn | Updated 03-09-2014

A young 19 year old boy from the town of Zaria in Kaduna state located in north-central Nigeria, has been placed in isolation Tuesday as he presented the symptoms of deadly Ebola virus.

The Commissioner of Health of the State, Dogo Thoth, who confirmed the news to Xinhua, said that the authorities of the Ahmadu Bello University Hospital alerted the Ministry following reports of cases of this young student with some ebola symptoms such as high fever and irritations on the body, one week after admission to the hospital.

A sample of the patient's blood was sent to a laboratory in Lagos to be submitted for testing, said Mr. Dogo.

The state government has provided the hospital management of protective equipment for its staff nursing that patient, he has said.

NIGERIA

Capital city Abuja in the Centre, Kaduna North of Abuja; Port Harcourt at the coast in the South.

ibtimes
        ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
        Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

I didn't see any epidemiological links or travel history listed.
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Tested negative:

Comment

Re: Nigeria - Kaduna records another suspected case of Ebola - 19 year old student at Ahmadu Bello University - NEGATIVE

And positive for dengue:

It?s Dengue Fever in Kaduna, not Ebola, says deputy gov

The 19 year-old Law undergraduate of the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria, suspected to have Ebola and under quarantine at the ABU Teaching Hospital, Shika, Zaria is free of the virus after all. Deputy Governor of Kaduna state, Ambassador Nuhu Bajoga, told our Kaduna correspondent that the student is suffering from Dengue Fever. Bajoga, who is the Chairman, Kaduna State Ebola Prevention and Control Committee said, ?just as I told you about my doubt on the Ebola issue, I am happy to inform you that the result of the sample of the patient?s blood taken to a Lagos laboratory, came back this morning. The young man was negative of the Ebola virus. He however, tested positive for Dengue fever. I am told it is a very bad type of fever, but it is no where close to the Ebola virus. ?May I reassure our people that we are ever ready to contain any outbreak Ebola. And for now, and I pray forever, There is no single case of Ebola in Kaduna State. We are waiting for more brief on the Dengue fever and we shall act in the best interest of the public,? he said.

Comment

Working...
              X