Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola: 139 Nigerians now under watch

Ebola: 139 Nigerians now under watch

One hundred and thirty nine Nigerians are now under watch for Ebola virus, Minister of state for health, Dr. Khaliru Al-Hassan made the disclosure in Kano today.

?As we are talking now, we have about 139 people under 24 hour strict watch for any tempting signs of this disease. Those who are confirmed are under strict control measures; and we have instituted a lot of measures to ensure that it does not get out of Lagos state. So, we want to appeal to people to be calm and not being apprehensive?, he said.

...more

MADUABUCHI NMERIBEH/KanoOne hundred and thirty nine Nigerians are now under watch for Ebola virus, Minister of state for health, Dr.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Ebola: 139 Nigerians now under watch

Originally posted by Jim Oliveros View Post
    Ebola: 139 Nigerians now under watch

One hundred and thirty nine Nigerians are now under watch for Ebola virus, Minister of state for health, Dr. Khaliru Al-Hassan made the disclosure in Kano today.

?As we are talking now, we have about 139 people under 24 hour strict watch for any tempting signs of this disease. Those who are confirmed are under strict control measures; and we have instituted a lot of measures to ensure that it does not get out of Lagos state. So, we want to appeal to people to be calm and not being apprehensive?, he said.

...more

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/08...w-under-watch/

Similarly troubling from that same article:

?His words, ?henceforth, dead bodies would not be allowed to be transferred from one part of the country to another. Wherever the dead died they should be buried there. We have suspended bringing corpses from outside the country, particularly these three countries?Liberia, Sierra-Leone and Guinea. ?

How can this epidemic be contained if countries are importing/exporting dead bodies? I worry just as the affected countries start to screen airplane passengers for signs of EVD, we discover there are deceased and possibly infected corpses traveling across the borders.

Comment

Working...
    X