• Show
Clear All

• Ebola in Guinea, "the resistances persist"

Translation Google

Ebola GUINEA

Published on 19-07-2015 Changed at 19-07-2015 at 11:53

Ebola in Guinea, "the resistances persist"

By RFI

In Conakry, a new treatment center for Ebola patients opened last week. The Doctors Without Borders center at Nongo replaces the Donka, which had opened in the emergency within the Conakry hospital. The new center of Nongo, more suitable, therefore welcomed its first patients, about twenty. Because after more than a year and a half of an epidemic, the virus and the reluctance still have not disappeared.

Doctors, logisticians, hygienists ...in Nongo, they are tens traveling the center taking care of Ebola patients.

Oumi is a nurse. In the visitors tent, she welcomes a father. "The first day, he was afraid, he said, 'no no no it's over for my children when they enter in the isolation, it's over for them." But today, really he is reassured. I told him we'll wash you. He said 'ah! I'm going to wash with chlorine, perhaps, they put the drug into it, if I wash with it, Ebola will take me. I told him, 'No, my brother, that's not it, but you must wash yourself because you have been in contact with your children. " More than a year into the epidemic, we must still make pedagogy.

Always a late blow

On the site, about twenty white tents are aligned. Two of them, reserved for the reception of patients, are empty but for Doctors Without Borders the battle remains. "People are tired of hearing about Ebola and resistance persist," explains to RFI Marc Forget, emergency coordinator for MSF. "We still have difficulties to access people and it's like we always played one blow behind the epidemic, there is still some catching up to do and that was true in the beginning, it is still true today. "

According to the NGO, between 10 to 18 new cases of Ebola appear every week in Guinea since almost two months.
    Conakry, Forecariah, Dunkr?ka, or Boke: in Lower Guinea, the Ebola epidemic outbreaks persist. Since late June, the authorities chose to implement a new method, the cerclage. Medical teams constantly surround the affected communities: two doctors per 10 households.
    19/07/2015 - by Coralie Pierret Listen

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela
Working...
X