Negative
    Pending
    Tested
    Deaths
    Active
    Recovered
    292/375

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
      Last updated Wed, July 29, 2020, 06:52 am
      Positive
      Negative
      Pending
      Tested
      Deaths
      Active
      Recovered
      296/385
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Dept. of Health Reports 8th Coronavirus DeathCoronavirus Published On July 29, 2020 12:59 PM
        Staff Consortium | July 29, 2020 12:59:18 PM
        Download PDF

The V.I. Dept. of Health has reported the 8th Covid-19 death in the territory, with the latest fatality occurring in St. Thomas. The number of deaths are now split equally per district: 4 in St. Thomas and 4 on St. Croix, according to the D.O.H. latest infographic. Last week, a 23-year-old pregnant woman died from the virus in St. Thomas. On Monday, Governor Albert Bryan acknowledged the death and expressed condolences to the family.

It was not clear whether D.O.H. decided to count the fetus along with its mother as the 8th death. The department did not provide details, only that the death occurred in St. Thomas, as seen on the latest infographic.
        https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-in-st-thomas-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
          Last updated Fri, July 31, 2020, 06:53 am
          Positive
          Negative
          Pending
          Tested
          Deaths
          Active
          Recovered
          338/406

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
            Last updated Sat, August 01, 2020, 06:53 am
            Positive
            Negative
            Pending
            Tested
            Deaths
            Active
            Recovered
            341/421

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
              Last updated Mon, August 03, 2020, 06:23 am
              Positive
              Negative
              Pending
              Tested
              Deaths
              Active
              Recovered
              354/439

Dept. of Health Reported 32 New Coronavirus Cases Between Friday and SaturdayCoronavirus Published On August 03, 2020 07:07 AM
              Staff Consortium | August 03, 2020 07:07:16 AM

The V.I. Department of Health reported 32 new cases of the novel coronavirus between Friday and Saturday: 15 and 17 new cases respectively.

As of Saturday, 9,440 tests were performed territory-wide, with 8,979 returning negative and 438 positive.The department said it was tracking 81 active cases as of Saturday, and 349 people had recovered while 8 individuals have died from the virus.

St. Thomas cases continue to increase, according to D.O.H.'s data. The island accounted for 7 of the 17 cases for August 1st according to the D.O.H. infographic, while St. Croix accounted for 9 and St. John 1. When the territory started experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases in July, St. Croix, and more pointedly Limetree Bay, accounted for most of the cases. On July 31, St. Croix accounted for only 1 case, while St. Thomas saw the remaining 14 cases, according to D.O.H. St. John was unchanged at 16 confirmed cases on July 31.
              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...y-and-saturday

Comment

COVID-19 Summary

Last updated Tue, August 04, 2020, 07:09 am
                Positive
                Negative
                Pending
                Tested
                Deaths
                Active
                Recovered
                364/463

24 New Coronavirus Cases Reported in Single DayCoronavirus Published On August 03, 2020 09:30 PM
                Staff Consortium | August 03, 2020 09:30:05 PM
                Download PDF

The V.I. Dept. of Health reported 24 new cases of the novel coronavirus in the U.S. Virgin Islands on Monday, with St. Croix accounting for 17 of the new cases, and St. Thomas 7.

On St. Croix, 11 of the new cases were transmitted through close contact, 3 through community spread, 1 was travel-related, and 2 were under investigation. Four of the 7 cases on St. Thomas were transmitted through community spread, while 3 were close contact.

No new cases were reported on St. John.
                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-in-single-day

Comment

At Least 74 New Coronavirus Cases Reported in USVI Between Friday and TuesdayCoronavirus Published On August 05, 2020 07:56 AM
                  Staff Consortium | August 05, 2020 07:56:00 AM
                  Of the 18 new cases reported Tuesday, 14 were reported in St. Thomas, where the administration says community spread infections continue to increase. The remaining four cases were reported on St. Croix, and St. John saw no change.
                  https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ay-and-tuesday

COVID-19 Summary
                  Last updated Wed, August 05, 2020, 01:44 pm
                  Positive
                  438 (sic should be 481? - Ro)
                  Negative
                  Pending
                  Tested
                  Deaths
                  Active
                  Recovered
                  349/438

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                    Last updated Wed, August 05, 2020, 08:20 pm
                    Positive
                    Negative
                    Pending
                    Tested
                    Deaths
                    Active
                    Recovered
                    384/501

9th Covid-19 Death Reported in USVI, With Latest Fatality Being St. Croix Man in his 40s; D.O.H. Reports 20 New CasesCoronavirus Published On August 05, 2020 09:28 PM
                    Ernice Gilbert | August 05, 2020 09:28:29 PM
                    Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health reported its 9th Covid-19 related death this evening. The department did not provide information about the death, only that it was on St. Croix. However, the Consortium has learned that the victim, a man, was in his 40s and had kidney issues and also suffered with diabetes.

Governor Albert Bryan told the Consortium Monday that two individuals at the Kidney Center on St. Croix were in bad shape after contracting the disease. "We have some scary stuff with the Kidney Center. We have two people who were infected as a result of one of the dialysis patients traveling. They are really sick," Mr. Bryan said Monday.

The 9th Covid-19 death takes St. Croix's total fatalities to 5, while St. Thomas stands at 4.
                    https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-20-new-cases-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                      Last updated Thu, August 06, 2020, 08:38 pm
                      Positive
                      Negative
                      Pending
                      Tested
                      Deaths
                      Active
                      Recovered
                      398/522

CDC Issues Warning Against Travel to the USVI, Citing 'High Risk' of Covid-19, Limited Medical ResourcesTravel Published On August 07, 2020 09:02 AM
                      Ernice Gilbert | August 07, 2020 09:02:38 AM
                      Download PDF

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a warning to Americans not to travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands if they don't have to, with the CDC pointing to a high risk of the coronavirus in the territory and limited medical resources for those who contract the disease.

In the warning, the CDC included these key points:

CDC recommends travelers avoid all nonessential international travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands. Travelers at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should consider postponing all travel, including essential travel, to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
                      COVID-19 risk in the U.S. Virgin Islands is high.
                      If you get sick in the U.S. Virgin Islands and need medical care, resources may be limited.
                      Check with the Office of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health of the U.S. Virgin Islands or the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Country Information page for details about entry requirements and restrictions for arriving travelers, such as mandatory testing or quarantine.
                      Local policies at your destination may require you to be tested for COVID-19 before you are allowed to enter the country. If you test positive on arrival, you may be required to isolate for a period of time. You may even be prevented from returning to the United States, as scheduled. You might consider getting tested before your trip. If so, see Testing for COVID-19 webpage for more information.
                      https://viconsortium.com/vi-travel/v...ical-resources

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                        Last updated Fri, August 07, 2020, 09:11 pm
                        Positive
                        Negative
                        Pending
                        Tested
                        Deaths
                        Active
                        Recovered
                        404/528

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                          Last updated Mon, August 10, 2020, 09:31 am
                          Positive
                          Negative
                          Pending
                          Tested
                          Deaths
                          Active
                          Recovered
                          410/547

25 New Covid-19 Cases Reported Over the Weekend as Bryan Considers New Dining and Beach Restrictions (Update)Coronavirus Published On August 10, 2020 12:20 AM
                          Ernice Gilbert | August 10, 2020 12:20:49 AM
                          Download PDF

Last updated at 11:03 a.m. (The governor's press briefing today will take place at 2:00 p.m. instead of 1:00 p.m., as was previously reported.)

Governor Albert Bryan has been considering new dining and beach restrictions that could help curtail the spread of the coronavirus in the U.S. Virgin Islands, as cases continue to rise in the territory and the dreaded community spread means of transmitting the disease becomes even more difficult to contain.

Between Friday and Saturday, the Department of Health reported 25 new cases of the virus: 6 on Friday and 19 on Saturday. The department reported zero new cases on Sunday, but that's a result of a low number of tests, 5, being performed — moving the total number of people tested from 10,900 to 10,905 between Saturday and Sunday.
                          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...h-restrictions

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                            Last updated Mon, August 10, 2020, 09:14 pm
                            Positive
                            Negative
                            Pending
                            Tested
                            Deaths
                            Active
                            Recovered
                            439/576

29 New Covid-19 Cases Reported in Single Day: 6 on St. Croix, 23 in St. ThomasCoronavirus Published On August 11, 2020 04:20 AM
                            Staff Consortium | August 11, 2020 04:20:14 AM
                            Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health on Monday reported a single-day spike in Covid-19 cases of 29 territory-wide, with St. Thomas accounting for most of the confirmed infections at 23, while St. Croix saw 6 new cases. No new cases were reported on St. John, with that island's total confirmed cases standing at 19, 4 of which were active as of Monday.

The situation in St. Thomas is concerning because many of the cases are community spread, meaning it is difficult for D.O.H. to not only pinpoint who is spreading the disease, but managing it as well. According to the latest data, 10 of the 23 cases in St. Thomas were transmitted through community spread, while another 11 infections came through close contact. Two cases were under investigation.
                            https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...3-in-st-thomas

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                              Last updated Tue, August 11, 2020, 09:05 pm
                              Positive
                              Negative
                              Pending
                              Tested
                              Deaths
                              Active
                              Recovered
                              468/639

63 New Coronavirus Cases Reported in USVI in Single Day; Surging Outbreak in St. Thomas With 57 of Reported InfectionsCoronavirus Published On August 11, 2020 09:26 PM
                              Ernice Gilbert | August 11, 2020 09:26:20 PM
                              Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health reported 63 new cases of the coronavirus on Tuesday, the highest single-day number of infections reported since the pandemic began.

Of the 63 new cases, St. Thomas — representing a surging outbreak — saw 57 of those cases, according to the Dept. of Health data. The Bureau of Corrections on Tuesday announced that 20 individuals, including inmates and staff members, have tested positive for the virus at the St. Thomas prison facility, named the Alexander A. Farrelly Criminal Complex.

The Dept. of Health listed almost all of the St. Thomas cases — 51 — in the under investigation category, meaning D.O.H. as of Tuesday night was still attempting to determine how the new cases were transmitted. The six St. Thomas cases that D.O.H. did determine included 5 community spread infections and 1 close contact.

On St. Croix, 5 new cases were reported, 4 of which were close contact and 1 community spread. St. John had 1 new case, which was under investigation as of Tuesday night.
                              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ed-infections-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                                Last updated Thu, August 13, 2020, 06:27 am
                                Positive
                                Negative
                                Pending
                                Tested
                                Deaths
                                Active
                                Recovered
                                476/682

10 Residents and 6 Staff Members of Queen Louise Home for the Aged Test Positive for Covid-19Coronavirus Published On August 12, 2020 07:38 PM
                                Staff Consortium | August 12, 2020 07:38:30 PM

The Department of Human Services on Wednesday announced that 10 residents and 6 staff members of Queen Louise Home for the Aged have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. D.H.S. said the results came in as part of the Dept. of Health's Wednesday data, which also revealed that a total of 17 residents and 25 staff members were tested, which means 7 residents and 19 staff members tested negative.
                                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...e-for-covid-19

Bryan Mum as USVI Cases Surge to 106 in 2 Days, With Infections at Seniors Home, Outbreak at PrisonCoronavirus Published On August 13, 2020 05:36 AM
                                Ernice Gilbert | August 13, 2020 05:36:59 AM

In the past two days, the U.S. Virgin Islands has experienced its highest single-day number of Covid-19 infections, an outbreak at the Alexander A. Farrelly Criminal Complex in St. Thomas, and 10 new resident and 6 new staff cases at the Queen Louise Home for the Aged — the most vulnerable of populations to be affected by the deadly virus in the USVI.

Yet, following his press briefing on Monday where Mr. Bryan vowed to strictly enforce Covid-19 protocols for restaurants, warned boaters against rafting, and curtailed funeral attendance to no more than 10 family members, Mr. Bryan has been mum on the concerning surge in Covid-19 cases in the territory.

The V.I. Dept. of Health on Wednesday evening reported 43 new cases of the virus territory-wide, 9 on St. Croix, 2 on St. John and 32 on St. Thomas. St. Thomas is now leading the USVI with 165 active cases, followed by 27 on St. Croix and 5 on St. John.
                                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...eak-at-prison-

Comment

Working...
                                X