Positive
    Negative
    Pending
    Tested
    Deaths
    Active
    Recovered
    502/704

USVI Recorded 22 New Coronavirus Cases ThursdayCoronavirus Published On August 14, 2020 06:36 AM
    Staff Consortium | August 14, 2020 06:36:31 AM
    Download PDF

Twenty-two new cases of the novel coronavirus were confirmed in the territory by the V.I. Dept. of Health on Thursday, leading to a total of 704 cases to date.

Of the 704 cases, D.O.H. was tracking as of Thursday 193 actives: 158 on St. Thomas, 31 on St. Croix and 4 on St. John. D.O.H. said 502 people have recovered to date.

Five of Thursday's positive cases were registered on St. Croix, while the remaining 17 were in St. Thomas. St. John saw no new positive cases Thursday.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
      Last updated Fri, August 14, 2020, 10:56 pm
      Positive
      Negative
      Pending
      Tested
      Deaths
      Active
      Recovered
      519/734

30 New Coronavirus Cases Reported Friday, Leading to 52 in Two Days in USVICoronavirus Published On August 15, 2020 04:49 AM
      Staff Consortium | August 15, 2020 04:49:26 AM
      Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health on Friday reported 30 new cases of the novel coronavirus, leading to a total of 52 new cases in two days, as the contagion continues its spread in the territory with St. Croix registering 7 of the new cases, St. Thomas 22 and St. John 1.

On Thursday, D.O.H. reported 22 new Covid-19 cases, with St. Thomas seeing a majority of the infections with 17, while St. Croix saw 5.

The health department said it was tracking 206 active cases as of Friday: 167 on St. Thomas, 34 on St. Croix, and 5 on St. John.

So far, out of the 704 people who have tested positive for the virus, D.O.H. said 519 have recovered. A total of 12,133 tests have been performed, 11,383 of which have returned negative.
      https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...o-days-in-usvi
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
        Last updated Sun, August 16, 2020, 07:10 am
        Positive
        Negative
        Pending
        Tested
        Deaths
        Active
        Recovered
        523/741

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
          Last updated Mon, August 17, 2020, 07:14 am
          Positive
          Negative
          Pending
          Tested
          Deaths
          Active
          Recovered
          525/760

Senator Gittens Tests Positive for Covid-19Coronavirus Published On August 17, 2020 02:34 PM
          Staff Consortium | August 17, 2020 02:34:56 PM
          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...e-for-covid-19

St. Thomas Accounts for All of Territory's 19 New Covid-19 Cases Reported Sunday; Bryan to Hold 1pm Press BriefingCoronavirus Published On August 17, 2020 03:40 AM
          Staff Consortium | August 17, 2020 03:40:32 AM
          Download PDF

Governor Albert Bryan will hold a 1:00 p.m. Covid-19 update press briefing today, according to Government House, as the territory's Stay at Home order takes effect. The press briefing comes as the V.I. Dept. of Health reported 19 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Sunday night, all of which were registered on St. Thomas. The Consortium will carry the press event live on its Facebook platform.
          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...press-briefing

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
            Last updated Tue, August 18, 2020, 06:24 am
            Positive
            Negative
            Pending
            Tested
            Deaths
            Active
            Recovered
            533/796

36 New Covid-19 Cases Reported Territory-Wide as Stay-at-Home Order Takes Hold; 4 Patients Said to Be on Ventilator MachinesCoronavirus Published On August 18, 2020 03:26 AM
            Ernice Gilbert | August 18, 2020 03:26:14 AM
            Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health reported 36 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Monday night, with 26 of those cases being confirmed on St. Thomas, while St. Croix accounted for 10. No new cases were reported on St. John.

Community spread and close contact continue to be the main driver of cases in St. Thomas, with 10 of the latest cases being attributed to community spread, 9 to close contact, 1 travel-related and 6 were under investigation as of Monday.

So far 12,696 people have been tested for the virus in the USVI from both private and public sources, with 11,868 returning negative and 796 positive. Nine people have died from the virus, 5 of which occurred on St. Croix and 4 on St. Thomas.

Governor Albert Bryan, urging residents to follow the new rules established in his recent Stay-at-Home order that calls for non-essential businesses to close, among other guidelines implemented in a bid to curb the virus's rise, revealed during his Monday press briefing that one Covid-19 patient was hospitalized and on a ventilator at the Juan F. Luis Hospital. Three of 7 patients at the Schneider Regional Medical Center were on ventilators as of Monday, according to the governor.
            https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ator-machines-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
              Last updated Wed, August 19, 2020, 06:18 am
              Positive
              Negative
              Pending
              Tested
              Deaths
              Active
              Recovered
              584/828

32 New Covid-19 Cases Reported in USVI TuesdayCoronavirus Published On August 19, 2020 07:30 AM
              Staff Consortium | August 19, 2020 07:30:55 AM
              Download PDF

Thirty-two new Covid-19 cases were reported by the V.I. Department of Health on Tuesday night, two days after Governor Albert Bryan implemented the Stay-at-Home order that calls for more stringent guidelines, including the closure of non-essential businesses and halting of lodging reservations for leisure guests, among other measures.

The governor said the order is expected to be in place for two weeks, but it could last longer depending the territory's performance in getting the virus under control.

The breakdown: St. Thomas recorded 22 of the 32 cases, St. Croix 8 and St. John 2. St. Thomas's latest transmission update sees 18 cases being transmitted through close contact, 10 community spread and 2 travel related . ...
              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...n-usvi-tuesday

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                Last updated Thu, August 20, 2020, 06:33 am
                Positive
                Negative
                Pending
                Tested
                Deaths
                Active
                Recovered
                623/869

101-Year-Old Queen Louis Home Resident Dies of Covid-19 at Schneider Hospital; 41 Cases Reported WednesdayCoronavirus Published On August 20, 2020 04:38 AM
                Ernice Gilbert | August 20, 2020 04:38:17 AM
                Download PDF

ST. THOMAS — The Department of Human Services on Wednesday evening confirmed the passing of a 101-year-old woman who died of Covid-19 at the Schneider Regional Medical Center. The woman was a resident of the Queen Louise Home for the Aged who was receiving medical care at the hospital when she passed.

D.H.S. did not reveal the cause of death, however it was included in the Department of Health's Wednesday night Covid-19 data, which saw 41 confirmed cases territory-wide: 16 on St. Croix, 23 on St. Thomas and 2 on St. John.
                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ted-wednesday-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                  Last updated Fri, August 21, 2020, 10:40 am
                  Positive
                  Negative
                  Pending
                  Tested
                  Deaths
                  Active
                  Recovered
                  649/932

63 New Covid-19 Cases Reported Thursday, With St. Thomas Accounting for 50 of Total InfectionsCoronavirus Published On August 21, 2020 05:51 AM
                  Staff Consortium | August 21, 2020 05:51:12 AM
                  Download PDF

The Department of Health reported a sharp surge in the number of Covid-19 infections Thursday, announcing 63 new infections territory-wide, with 50 on St. Thomas, 11 on St. Croix and 2 on St. John.

Thursday's report matches the August 11 total, though St. Thomas had seen an even greater portion of infections at 57. The announcement comes a day after D.O.H. reported the 10th Covid-19 death in the territory, a centenarian who died at the age of 101 at the Schneider Regional Medical Center. The elderly woman was a resident of the Queen Louise Home for the Aged in St. Thomas.
                  https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...tal-infections

Comment

Dept. of Health Reports 11th Covid-19 Death, 48 Cases Between Friday and SaturdayCoronavirus Published On August 23, 2020 06:27 AM
                    Staff Consortium | August 23, 2020 06:27:03 AM
                    Download PDF

A 6th person has died from the novel coronavirus in St. Thomas, bringing the territory's total to 11. The latest death was revealed in the V.I. Department of Health's Saturday Covid-19 report, however D.O.H. did not provide age or any other information about the deceased.

There have been multiple Covid-19 hospitalizations in St. Thomas, including 11 residents of the Queen Louise Home for the Aged after an outbreak affected the assisted living facility. The Dept. of Human Services said on Wednesday that 10 of the 11 were in "relatively good health" while one was being "closely watched."

The U.S. Virgin Islands continues to struggle with an outbreak that has affected both islands separately, beginning early July in St. Croix, where the outbreak affected mostly Limetree Bay employees both local and foreign, and later in the month on St. Thomas, which started to see steady increases later in July and a full outbreak early August.
                    https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-and-saturday-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                      Last updated Sun, August 23, 2020, 06:50 pm
                      Positive
                      Negative
                      Pending
                      Tested
                      Deaths
                      Active
                      Recovered
                      712/984

The Monday Digest: 11th Coronavirus Death Was 92-Year-Old Man; Laura Brings Rain and Nothing More; and a Senator's Son is Arrested on Gun and Drug ChargesCommunity Center Published On August 24, 2020 07:09 AM
                      Staff Consortium | August 24, 2020 07:09:13 AM
                      Download PDF

11th Covid-19 Death Identified as 92-Year-Old Man

The V.I. Department of Health on Sunday confirmed the territory's 11th Covid-19 death to be a 92-year-old man from St. Thomas. The USVI recorded 48 Covid-19 cases between Friday and Saturday.
                      https://viconsortium.com/vi-communit...-drug-charges-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                        Last updated Mon, August 24, 2020, 07:27 pm
                        Positive
                        Negative
                        Pending
                        Tested
                        Deaths
                        Active
                        Recovered
                        754/998

Dept. of Health Announces 12th Coronavirus Death in USVI; Bryan Defends Administration's Response to PandemicCoronavirus Published On August 25, 2020 03:48 AM
                        Ernice Gilbert | August 25, 2020 03:48:07 AM
                        Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health has announced the 12th Covid-19-related death in the U.S. Virgin Islands, coming just 4 days after the department reported the 11th fatality. The latest victim according to D.O.H. was a 72-year-old man from St. Thomas; no further details were provided. And it was not clear whether this victim was a resident at the Queen Louise Home for the Aged, many of whom were hospitalized at the Schneider Regional Medical Center following an outbreak at the assisted living facility.
                        https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...se-to-pandemic

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                          Last updated Tue, August 25, 2020, 08:43 pm
                          Positive
                          Negative
                          Pending
                          Tested
                          Deaths
                          Active
                          Recovered
                          801/1030

Dept. of Health Announces Two Additional Covid-19 Deaths, Bringing Total to 14Coronavirus Published On August 25, 2020 09:43 PM
                          Staff Consortium | August 25, 2020 09:43:38 PM
                          Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health on Tuesday announced two additional coronavirus-related deaths, bringing the territory's total to 14, four of which occurred in the past five days.

"After further investigating cause of death and ensuring notification of next of kin, the Virgin Islands Department of Health is saddened to confirm the territory’s thirteenth and fourteenth deaths related to COVID- 19," D.O.H. said in a release Tuesday night. "The deceased are a 95-year old female and a 72-year old male on St. Thomas."

The Consortium has learned that the Queen Louise Home for the Aged has lost 4 residents to Covid-19. The Department of Human Services has not issued a statement on the matter.
                          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ng-total-to-14

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                            Last updated Thu, August 27, 2020, 08:20 am
                            Positive
                            Negative
                            Pending
                            Tested
                            Deaths
                            Active
                            Recovered
                            824/1052

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                              Last updated Thu, August 27, 2020, 09:01 pm
                              Positive
                              Negative
                              Pending
                              Tested
                              Deaths
                              Active
                              Recovered
                              864/1075

Territory Records 45 Covid-19 Cases in Past Two DaysCoronavirus Published On August 28, 2020 09:24 AM
                              Staff Consortium | August 28, 2020 09:24:50 AM
                              Download PDF

The U.S. Virgin Islands recorded 45 Covid-19 cases Wednesday and Thursday, according to data provided by the V.I. Department of Health. St. Croix accounted for 15 of the new cases, while St. Thomas saw 29. St. John recorded one case.

St. Thomas continues to struggle with community spread, with a total of 21 cases transmitted through the hard-to-detect means of spreading the disease being reported between the two days. Seven of St. Croix's 15 cases were transmitted through community spread.
                              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...past-two-days-

Comment

COVID-19 Summary
                                Last updated Sat, August 29, 2020, 04:04 am
                                Positive
                                Negative
                                Pending
                                Tested
                                Deaths
                                Active
                                Recovered
                                891/1118

Comment

Working...
                                X