Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dept. of Health to Residents: Be Careful, Coronavirus May Be Spreading in USVI UndetectedHealth Published On June 20, 2020 06:40 AM
    Ernice Gilbert | June 20, 2020 06:40:33 AM

V.I. Department of Health officials on Friday warned residents to take added precaution as they go about their daily lives in the age of the coronavirus. The call to be extremely vigilant came during a press conference held by the department, where it was revealed that the last two coronavirus cases were "community acquired", meaning "We do not know where the last two individuals got it from," said Dr. Esther Ellis, D.O.H.'s territorial epidemiologist. "This also means that there are probably more cases out in the community that are going undetected," she added.
    As of Thursday night, 2,535 tests were conducted territory-wide, of which 2,450 returned negative. The territory has seen 74 confirmed cases and 6 deaths, including a father, mother and son. According to D.O.H. 64 individuals have recovered. D.O.H. is currently tracking four individuals, with the last two cases being reported on St. John. The health department is currently tracking four active cases.
    https://viconsortium.com/vi-health/v...vi-undetected-
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Two New Coronavirus Cases Confirmed on St. Croix: One is Travel-Related, the Other Is Community TransmissionCoronavirus Published On June 21, 2020 07:08 AM
      Ernice Gilbert | June 21, 2020 07:08:21 AM

According to D.O.H., as of Saturday 2,587 Covid-19 tests were administered, of which 2,502 returned negative and 76 positive. The department said 64 individuals have recovered and 6 people have died. D.O.H. is currently tracking 6 cases.

On Friday, Health officials warned residents to take added precaution as they go about their daily lives in the age of the coronavirus. The call to be extremely vigilant came during a press conference held by the department, where it was revealed that the last two coronavirus cases in St. John were "community acquired", meaning "We do not know where the last two individuals got it from," said Dr. Esther Ellis, D.O.H.'s territorial epidemiologist. "This also means that there are probably more cases out in the community that are going undetected," she added.
      https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...y-transmission
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Now 80 in USVI as Two More Cases are Reported on St. CroixCoronavirus Published On June 24, 2020 09:25 PM
        Ernice Gilbert | June 24, 2020 09:25:56 PM

ST. CROIX — The island of St. Croix now accounts for 7 of 10 coronavirus cases the Department of Health is tracking territory-wide, following confirmation of two additional cases here on Wednesday night, according to a V.I. D.O.H. infographic published by the Virgin Islands Territorial Emergency Management Agency.
        https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...d-on-st-croix-

Comment

Dept. of Health Explains Confusing Coronavirus 'Recovered' NumbersCoronavirus Published On June 29, 2020 05:46 AM
          Ernice Gilbert | June 29, 2020 05:46:00 AM

As Coronavirus cases in the U.S. Virgin Islands surged in the past two weeks, with the Dept. of Health moving from tracking two individuals late May to 10 cases just last Wednesday, there was a sudden rise in the number of cases listed as "recovered" by D.O.H.

Seven cases were confirmed in the past two weeks: Two on St. John, one in St. Thomas, and four on St. Croix. But in its latest coronavirus data infographic issued Friday, the Dept. of Health revealed that it was only tracking four cases. D.O.H. said 64 people had recovered from the virus last Wednesday. On Thursday, the number climbed to 67, and on Friday, the department said 71 people had recovered, and 6 individuals have died as a result of the virus. Overall, 81 cases have been confirmed as positive.
          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...overed-numbers

Comment

Dept. of Health Confirms 3 New Coronavirus Cases on St. Croix; Bryan Says No to 14-day Quarantine: 'At This Point We're Running on Fumes,' He Said of Gov't CoffersCoronavirus Published On June 30, 2020 05:11 AM
            Ernice Gilbert | June 30, 2020 05:11:05 AM
            According to D.O.H., as of Thursday night, 2,907 tests had been administered, of which 84 tested positive and 2,819 negative, with 4 tests pending. There is one person hospitalized at the Juan F. Luis Hospital, and six individuals have died, among them a mother, father and son.
            https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...f-govt-coffers

Comment

ix New Coronavirus Cases Confirmed in USVI: 5 on St. Croix and 1 in St. ThomasCoronavirus Published On June 30, 2020 09:26 PM
              Ernice Gilbert | June 30, 2020 09:26:40 PM

The V.I. Department of Health has confirmed six new cases of the coronavirus in the U.S. Virgin Islands, according to the latest infographic published by the department.

Five of the six cases were recorded on St. Croix, and one in St. Thomas. Of the five cases on St. Croix, one was transmitted through close contact, two were travel related, and two were under investigation by the Dept. of Health as of Tuesday night.

The sole case on St. Thomas was travel related. Health officials are now tracking 11 active cases.

According to Governor Albert Bryan, a coronavirus patient was receiving treatment at the Juan F. Luis Hospital as of Monday.

The Dept. of Health said 2,972 tests were performed as of Tuesday, with 2,876 testing negative and 90 positive. The virus has killed six individuals in the territory, including a father, mother and son.
              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-in-st-thomas-

Comment

USVI's Total Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Now 92 Following 2 New Infections Reported Wednesday; Health Officials Tracking 11 Active CasesCoronavirus Published On July 02, 2020 06:55 AM
                Staff Consortium | July 02, 2020 06:55:01 AM

The V.I. Dept. of Health reported two additional cases of Covid-19 in the USVI on Wednesday night, bringing the territorial total to 92. According to the department's latest infographic, the two cases were split between St. Thomas and St. Croix, with the St. Thomas case under investigation by D.O.H. as of Wednesday night, and the St. Croix case being confirmed as community spread.
                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-active-cases-

Comment

USVI Now Tracking 17 Active Coronavirus Cases Following Confirmation of 6 New Cases: 5 on St. Croix, 1 in St. ThomasCoronavirus Published On July 02, 2020 09:00 PM
                  Ernice Gilbert | July 02, 2020 09:00:00 PM

As of Thursday, 3,164 tests were performed, with 3,055 returning negative and 98 positive. There were 103 tests pending and 75 individuals had recovered, while 17 cases remain active.

Six individuals have died, including a father, mother and son. Governor Albert Bryan said today that two individuals were hospitalized as of Thursday, one at the Juan F. Luis Hospital and another at the Schneider Regional Medical Center. While both individuals were said to be in stable condition, Mr. Bryan said the individual at JFL remained on a ventilator.

https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-in-st-thomas-

Comment

This is an 'Outbreak': Health Officials Say Surge in Covid-19 Cases Concerning; Residents Urged to Stay Home, Forego Big July 4th PartiesCoronavirus Published On July 03, 2020 09:38 PM
                    Ernice Gilbert | July 03, 2020 09:38:13 PM
                    Download PDF

V.I. Department of Health Territorial Epidemiologist Esther Ellis has told the Consortium that the number of coronavirus cases announced Friday night — 13— represents an "outbreak," and residents should take guidelines put in place to help quell the spread of the virus seriously.
                    https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...uly-4-parties-

Territorial Coronavirus Case Now 111 Following Announcement of 13 New Cases: 11 on St. Croix and 2 on St. ThomasCoronavirus Published On July 03, 2020 08:26 PM
                    Staff Consortium | July 03, 2020 08:26:26 PM
                    Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health has announced 13 new coronavirus cases, bringing the territorial total to 111. With the announcement of the new cases, D.O.H. is now tracking 29 individuals.

According to the D.O.H. infographic issued Friday night, of the 13 cases, 11 were recorded on St. Croix and two in St. Thomas.

As of Friday 3,173 tests were performed territory-wide, with 3,060 testing negative and 111 positive. D.O.H. is tracking 29 cases and has listed 76 individuals as recovered. There were only 2 tests pending.
                    https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-on-st-thomas-

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	USVI.png Views:	5 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	875374
                      https://viconsortium.com/editor_new/...compressed.pdf

Last edited by Ronan Kelly; July 6, 2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Dept. of Health Tracking 31 Active Coronavirus Cases After Confirmation of 4 New Infections: 2 on St. Croix, 2 on St. ThomasCoronavirus Published On July 07, 2020 07:27 AM
                        Staff Consortium | July 07, 2020 07:27:25 AM
                        Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health is tracking 31 active cases of the coronavirus in the U.S. Virgin Islands, following the confirmation of 4 new cases Monday.

The latest cases were spread equally between St. Croix and St. Thomas, with the cases on St. Croix being transmitted through close contact, while the St. Thomas cases were under investigation as of Monday evening.

To date, 3,354 tests have been performed, with 3,183 returning negative and 116 positive, according to the Dept. of Health. There were 55 test results pending as of Monday, and 79 individuals were listed as recovered.

Six individuals have died as a result of the disease.
                        https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-on-st-thomas-

Comment

6 New Coronavirus Cases Reported on St. Croix; Dept. of Health Now Tracking 36 InfectionsCoronavirus Published On July 07, 2020 08:46 PM
                          Ernice Gilbert | July 07, 2020 08:46:04 PM
                          As of Tuesday evening, 3,453 tests were performed, with 3,273 returning negative and 122 positive. Eighty individuals were listed as recovered and there were 58 test results pending. D.O.H. is now tracking 36 cases.
                          https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-36-infections

COVID-19 Summary
                          Last updated Tue, July 07, 2020, 08:49 pm
                          Positive
                          Negative
                          Pending
                          Tested
                          Deaths
                          Active
                          Recovered
                          80/122

Comment

22 New Coronavirus Cases Reported in USVI as Outbreak Starts Affecting St. Thomas and St. JohnCoronavirus Published On July 08, 2020 09:33 PM
                            Staff Consortium | July 08, 2020 09:33:27 PM
                            Download PDF

A coronavirus outbreak that started on St. Croix last week is now affecting St. Thomas and to a lesser extent St. John. According to the Dept. of Health's latest infographic issued Wednesday night, 22 new cases of the virulent disease were confirmed in the territory: 13 on St. Croix, 7 on St. Thomas and 2 in St. John.
                            https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...s-and-st-john-

COVID-19 Summary
                            Last updated Wed, July 08, 2020, 09:02 pm
                            Positive
                            Negative
                            Pending
                            Tested
                            Deaths
                            Active
                            Recovered
                            81/144

Comment

7 New Covid-19 Cases on St. Croix, 2 in St. Thomas, Reports Dept. of Health; 60 Active Cases Being TrackedCoronavirus Published On July 10, 2020 05:50 AM
                              Staff Consortium | July 10, 2020 05:50:50 AM
                              Download PDF

The V.I. Department of Health announced nine new coronavirus cases in the U.S. Virgin Islands on Thursday night, bringing the territory's total confirmed cases to 153, with the health department tracking 60 active cases. There were 53 cases pending as of Thursday, and D.O.H. said 87 individuals had recovered from the deadly virus.

To date, 3,679 tests have been performed, 3,370 of which returned negative. Six people have died territory-wide, and two persons were hospitalized at the Juan F. Luis Hospital as of Thursday, with Governor Albert Bryan confirming one requiring ventilator assistance.
                              https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...-being-tracked

Comment

14 New Covid-19 Cases Bring USVI Total to 167; D.O.H. Tracking 69 ActivesCoronavirus Published On July 10, 2020 08:49 PM
                                Staff Consortium | July 10, 2020 08:49:53 PM
                                Download PDF

St. Croix recorded 11 new Covid-19 cases on Friday night, while St. Thomas infections were up by 3, leading to 14 new cases announced by the Dept. of Health for a territorial total of 167. According to the department, 92 individuals had recovered as of Friday night, and 69 cases remained active, up from Thursday's total of 60.
                                https://viconsortium.com/vi-coronavi...ing-69-actives

Comment

Working...
                                X