Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii: Gov. Ige issues emergency proclamation for COVID-19

KITV4ABC: Gov. Ige issues emergency proclamation for COVID-19
    ...allows the state to work quickly and efficiently to prevent, contain and mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, and to provide disaster relief if necessary...

KHON2: Leahi Hospital considered for quarantine facility in COVID-19 preparedness...especially for those traveling or homeless and cannot isolate themselves inside their own homes....
    HONOLULU (KHON2) — Lieutenant Governor Green says he is putting together a robust team in the case the virus reaches the state. Leahi Hospital is being considered as a quarantine facility, es…

News Release from Dept of Health:
    Grand Princess cruise ship

The CDC announced it is investigating confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to the Grand Princess cruise ship which is returning to San Francisco. That cruise ship is different from the Diamond Princess cruise ship. The Grand Princess had two passengers on a cruise to Mexico from Feb. 11-21 who became sick and after deboarding in California were confirmed for COVID-19. The same ship conducted a second cruise from San Francisco and docked in Hawai‘i from Feb. 26-29. While docked in Hawai‘i, an ill crew member was hospitalized and tested negative for COVID-19. At this time, the CDC has not identified a specific risk for Hawai‘i, and DOH will continue to work with them to determine if there is any potential health threat.

State Laboratories Division testing

The Hawai‘i Department of Health is now capable of in-state testing for COVID-19 and results can be ready within 24-48 hours of a sample being collected. This enhances the state’s prevention and mitigation response capabilities to further safeguard the health of people in Hawai‘i. The FDA is overseeing the development of commercially manufactured test kits for private and clinical laboratories that may be available in a few weeks.

Nocases of COVID-19identified in Hawai‘i at this time

Currently, there are no cases of COVID-19 identified in Hawai‘i. DOH is actively preparing for possible cases and working with state, county, and federal partners including the medical community in Hawai‘i. The following summary shows the number of individuals being monitored or under quarantine. Many of these individuals were identified through screening by federal officials at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport. These numbers fluctuate often as travelers arrive, depart, or begin and end their self-monitoring with supervision by DOH.

Grand Princess cruise ship The CDC announced it is investigating confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to the Grand Princess cruise ship which is returning to San Francisco. That cruise ship is different from the Diamond Princess cruise ship. The Grand Princess had two passengers on a cruise to Mexico from Feb. 11-21 who became sick […]

Comment

Working...
    X