• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego: Suspected Case Tested

County prepared for new coronavirus; one patient under investigation

-snip-

POTENTIAL CASE REPORTED

Last week, HHSA issued a health alert to the local medical community asking them to be on the lookout for and report potential cases in people who have traveled to the areas where cases of this new virus (2019-nCoV) have been reported.

On Sunday, a potential case was reported to HHSA in a person who traveled to 2019-nCoV impacted areas in China. After consulting with a local hospital, a specimen was collected, sent to the County Public Health Lab for packaging and then sent to the CDC for testing.

The patient is currently in isolation at home and results are expected back from the CDC tomorrow. Currently, the CDC is the only entity capable of testing for this novel coronavirus...

Read more: San Diego Community News Group - County%25252Bprepared%25252Bfor%25252Bnew%25252Bco ronavirus %25252Bone%25252Bpatient%25252Bunder%25252Binvesti gation%25252520
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X