X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweden Coronavirus Covid-19 - 86,505 cases,?5,846 deaths

jan 31, 2020

The first case of the coronavirus has been confirmed in Sweden, health authorities said on Friday.

A patient at the Ryhov County Hospital in J?nk?ping, central-southern Sweden, has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Public Health Agency of Sweden confirmed.

The patient is a woman who landed in Sweden on January 24th after visiting the Wuhan area in China. At that point she had no symptoms, said the agency.

But she later developed a cough and contacted the health services in J?nk?ping.

She is currently being kept in isolation at the clinic for infectious diseases and is not seriously ill.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Published at 09.35

Three people were taken by ambulance and taken to hospital for sampling in the morning, according to information to P3 News.
    All three have been to Asia and have shown symptoms after returning home.

According to the Public Health Authority, about 150 people have been tested in Sweden, but so far only one person has tested positive.
    https://twitter.com/mittistockholm/s...96679995158533
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Six suspected cases of corona in Stockholm

THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS Published 18 Feb 2020 at 10.06Six people in Stockholm were taken to hospital in the morning to be tested for the new coronavirus covid-19. "There is no cause for concern," says Per Follin, infection control physician in the Stockholm region.

So far, 54 people have been tested in the region.
      All six have been to Asia and have shown symptoms after returning to Sweden. Region Stockholm's infection prevention physician Per Follin says this happens relatively often in Stockholm.

- The reason for sampling is that you have been in a risk area that now covers the whole of Mainland China and then becomes ill with signs of respiratory infection within 14 days.

Then you are asked to seek care.

- This is an infection in China and we have only had one case in Sweden. There is no cause for concern, says Per Follin.

That there are six people sampled during the day, he believes may be due to a "certain gathering after the weekend". "Shouldn't be anything remarkable"

The persons were taken to Huddinge Hospital's Infection Clinic in an ambulance.

- We do not want you to go collectively if you are ill to prevent the spread of infection. That does not mean that you are seriously ill for it.

He has no further info..
      https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/tre...l-i-stockholm/
      CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

Confirmed corona case in Gothenburg

febr 26 2020

A person in Gothenburg has been tested positive for the corona virus, after a visit to northern Italy, Sahlgrenska Hospital writes in a press release.

The hospital writes in the press release that the person was in northern Italy and that they contracted fever and respiratory symptoms three days after returning home.

The person visited the infection clinic and was tested according to routine. Today, Wednesday, came the test answer and it was positive.

According to the hospital, the person should be cared for at the infection clinic and should feel good according to the circumstances.

A so-called contact tracking has been initiated to see if there are other people who might be exposed to the infection.

During Wednesday night, Sahlgrenska will hold a press conference.

En person i G?teborg har testats positivt f?r coronaviruset efter ett bes?k i norra Italien, skriver Sahlgrenska sjukhuset i ett pressmeddelande.
        ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"

Comment

Further cases of covid-19 in several regions

PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 27, 2020

A further five people in Sweden have been detected infected by covid-19. This applies to three people in V?stra G?taland, one person in the Uppsala Region and one person in the Stockholm region.

Ytterligare fem personer i Sverige har p?visats smittade av covid-19. Det g?ller tre personer i V?stra G?taland, en person i Region Uppsala och en person i Region Stockholm. Folkh?lsomyndigheten bjuder in till presstr?ff i Solna kl 20.00 torsdagen den 27 februari 2020.

Comment

Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_th...t_75757240.htm

11 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Sweden
            Xinhua, February 29, 2020

STOCKHOLM. Feb. 28 (Xinhua) -- Four new cases of COVID-19 infection have been confirmed in Sweden, bringing the total of infected individuals to eleven, Region Stockholm authorities said in a press release on Friday.

The newly confirmed cases concern one person in Uppsala region, one in Jonkoping region and two in Stockholm region.

The two infected people on Friday in Stockholm have connections to the case that was confirmed in the capital on Thursday, and have been detected through active infection tracking. The two are treated in isolation at the Karolinska University Hospital's infection clinic, according to the press release...

Comment

From Swedish Radio
              SR Ekot

@sr_ekot
              JUST NU: Ytterligare ett bekr?ftat coronafall i V?stra G?taland, skriver Folkh?lsomyndigheten p? sin hemsida. Totalt ?r nu tolv personer i Sverige smittade av det nya coronaviruset.
              Translated from Swedish by
              JUST NOW: Another confirmed corona case in V?stra G?taland, writes the Public Health Authority on its website. A total of twelve people in Sweden are now infected by the new corona virus.

Comment

Number of cases in Sweden (February 29 at 11.08 am)

Twelve people in Sweden have been shown to be infected by covid-19. This applies to five persons in V?stra G?taland, two persons in the J?nk?ping Region, two persons in the Uppsala Region and three persons in the Stockholm region.

In total, Sweden has now reported 12 cases.

Public Health Agency of Sweden
                Nytt utbrott av coronavirussjukdom (covid-19). Fr?gor och svar om det nya coronaviruset.

Comment

Number of cases in Sweden (1 March at 16.42)

14 people in Sweden have been shown to be infected by covid-19. This applies to six persons in V?stra G?taland, two persons in the J?nk?ping Region, two persons in the Uppsala Region and four persons in the Stockholm region. In total, Sweden has now reported 14 cases.

Public Health Agency of Sweden
                  Nytt utbrott av coronavirussjukdom (covid-19). Fr?gor och svar om det nya coronaviruset.

Comment

Koronapandemien er et verdensomspennende utbrudd av den smittsomme sykdommen covid-19 som skyldes koronaviruset sars-CoV-2. Spredningen av viruset og muterte varianter førte til svært inngripende smitteverntiltak i Norge og verden fra mars 2020.

11:46 Increase in virus infection in Sweden

Nine new cases of coronavirus were detected in Sweden on Tuesday. A total of 24 people are infected with the virus. In Denmark, a total of six people have been infected with the coronavirus, Danish health authorities said on Tuesday.
                    ...snip

Comment

Source: https://www.thelocal.se/20200304/who...ents-in-sweden

MAP: Who and where are the coronavirus patients in Sweden?
                      The Local
                      Updated
                      4 March 2020
                      15:17 CET+01:00

Thirty-five people have been diagnosed with the coronavirus so far in Sweden. Here's what we know about how they contracted the virus.

Everyone who has tested positive for the coronavirus in Sweden so far contracted the virus either on trips to Italy, Iran, China or Germany, or they were discovered via active tracking of people those patients may have been in contact with. The table below shows how all the patients link together...

Comment

In Sweden the number of people infected with coronavirus has increased to 53 people

The number of cases of coronavirus in Sweden had reached 53, the last date the case was recorded in the city of Boras in the Central part of the country, according to the website of the local administration.

Public health Agency of Sweden on March 3, reported about 24 infected

Comment

94 cases in the country - the situation is right now
                          On Thursday, it was found that another 28 people were infected by the corona virus in the Stockholm region. Thus, 59 people in the county have been infected.

After further cases, also in other regions, the total number of infected persons in Sweden is 94.

Updated 10:51
                          published 04:18

The infection explosion in Stockholm can largely be linked to Italy. Of the 28 infected, half have a direct connection to northern Italy, and for the other half, it has not been clarified yet. None of those infected with the virus in Stockholm are seriously ill.

- This increase in the number of infected people is about what we expected, given that many traveled in connection with the sports holiday. It is important to emphasize that so far everyone has either been infected abroad or been in contact with someone infected outside Sweden, says infection control physician Per Follin.

The large number of cases is a burden on health care. Therefore, Per Follin and his colleagues assess which patients need to be taken care of in hospitals and which can be isolated in the home.

- It is an effort to receive many patients, we have to redistribute resources. As it is now, we have enough equipment to deal with the outbreak, but we keep an eye on it, says Per Follin.

Earlier in the day, the news came that an employee at Danderyds Hospital had been infected by the corona virus. However, the person should not have been able to meet patients. The person had traveled abroad and became ill with flu-like symptoms after that. Subsequently, the person has been isolated and sampled, samples which thus show that the person has been infected.
                          Under torsdagen har det konstaterats att ytterligare 28 personer smittats av coronaviruset i Region Stockholm. Därmed är det 59 personer i länet som smittats. Efter ytterligare fall även i andra regioner är det totala antalet smittade i Sverige 94.
                          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

21 new cases of the corona virus in Stockholm

Another 21 people in Stockholm County have been infected by the corona virus. A total of 42 new cases were confirmed during the day, which means that a total of 136 people in Sweden have been infected. Most can be traced to Italy.
                            Ytterligare 21 personer i Stockholms l?n har smittats av coronaviruset. Totalt har 42 nya fall bekr?ftats under dagen, vilket g?r att sammanlagt 136 personer i Sverige har smittats. Merparten kan sp?ras till Italien.

Comment

Another 42 people in Sweden have been confirmed to be infected by the coronavirus, one of which is believed to have been infected in the United States.

A total of 203 people in Sweden have now been infected.

Comment

• kiwibird
                                kiwibird commented
                                Editing a comment
                                35 nya fall av coronaviruset har konstaterats i Skåne det senaste dygnet, enligt Region Skåne. Därmed har antalet smittade mer än fördubblats i regionen ...

The number of confirmed coronavirus infections in Sweden is now over 200, according to the latest information from the regions.

On Sunday, 12 new cases were confirmed in V?stra G?taland, 5 in Sk?ne and 1 in Uppsala. Three cases in ?rebro were also confirmed infected on Sunday. It concerns a person infected in the United States and then infected two close relatives.

Region V?rmland announced on Sunday that 7 new cases have been confirmed there. In total, 20 cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in the county.

In Stockholm, 14 new cases were confirmed on Sunday. Stockholm has the highest number of infected people in the country with 115 confirmed cases.

In total, over 200 people have been confirmed to be infected by the virus in Sweden.
                            Working...
                            X