X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact tracing falters in Barcelona amid virus spike

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...spike-71890540

Contact tracing falters in Barcelona amid virus spike
    With the coronavirus rebounding in parts of Spain, it appears Catalonia and other regions have not adequately prepared to trace new infections in what was supposed to be an early detection system to prevent a new cascade of cases
    By JOSEPH WILSON Associated Press
    21 July 2020, 03:14

BARCELONA, Spain -- When Sonia Ram?rez was told by her local clinic that she had tested positive for the coronavirus, she expected to be asked about anyone she had come in close contact with recently.

Instead, like an unknown number of Spaniards in the northeast region of Catalonia, she was left on her own to warn family, friends and co-workers that they could have been exposed amid a new surge of infections.

“They didn’t ask me who I had been with,” said Ram?rez, a 21-year-old cleaner in the greater Barcelona area. “They didn’t even ask if I had been to work recently, which of course I had.”

With the virus rebounding in parts of Spain, it appears Catalonia and other regions are not adequately prepared to trace the new infections in what was supposed to be an early detection system to snuff out any outbreaks and prevent a new cascade of cases...
Working...
X