Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​Coronavirus spreading in Kogi community - Infected lawyer urges NCDC to intervene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Coronavirus spreading in Kogi community - Infected lawyer urges NCDC to intervene

Source: https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/coro...ervene/0n3cgzg

​Coronavirus spreading in Kogi community - Infected lawyer urges NCDC to intervene
    Today at 2:48 PM

Mr Realwan Okpanachi, a constitutional lawyer in Abuja, has called on the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), to urgently look into a strange disease ravaging Olamaboro Local Government Area (LGA), of Kogi.

He said the death of his father-in-law recently, forced him to travel to Ogugu, a community in Olamaboro, where all the guidelines put in place by the NCDC were not observed.
    “My wife, three year old daughter and I, tested positive for coronavirus two days ago, and we have been isolated at Idu Isolation Centre, Abuja, where we await treatment.
    “I started having symptoms such as fever, headache and loss of appetite, taste and smell from Ogugu,’’ he said.

The lawyer therefore, called on the NCDC to move to Ogugu immediately, with a view to carrying out comprehensive test in the community in order to arrest the disease that was killing people there.
    According to the the lawyer, the rate of deaths ascribed to brief illness in the community in particular, and Kogi in general, had assumed an alarming proportion...
Working...
X