Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico - Government Director of Social Security Institute tests positive for COVID-19 - June 7, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico - Government Director of Social Security Institute tests positive for COVID-19 - June 7, 2020

I think this agency is similar to the US Health and Human Services Department.

Zo? Robledo

@zoerobledo
    ?
    1h
    Quiero informar que hoy result? positivo a #COVID19 Permanecer? trabajando a distancia, coordinando las labores a mi cargo y siguiendo puntualmente las indicaciones de l@s extraordinarios m?dicos de
    @Tu_IMSS
    . Se mantiene vigilancia epidemiol?gica del caso y de mis contactos.

IMSS is not the department of health. There is a Secretariat of Health with a Secretary who is appointed by the President. I’m not American but I think IMSS would be equivalent to an agency of the Health and Human Services Department. IMSS is the largest health care institution in Mexico. While it does research and training, it also provides health care through clinics and hospitals to most but not all Mexicans who have employer-covered health care. Zo? Roblado is the head of IMSS and he often presents at the every night at 7pm evening press conference with Dr. Hugo L?pez-Gatell Ram?rez who as an undersecretary is the Head of the Under Secretariat of Prevention and Health Promotion and the government spokesperson on the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
    X