Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico: Covid-19 - 289174 cases and 34191 deaths

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wednesday, June 17, 2020. Mexico reports 196847 cases and 24324 deaths

    At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 196847 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 5437 or 2.8%. Of these, 24036 are active cases, an increase of 549 since yesterday. As well, there are 62475 suspected cases, an increase of 3369. The active suspected cases number 40219. Of the total cases, 113596 people, or 58%, have recovered (new slide today).

    The incidence for accumulated cases is 154 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 18.80 per 100,000 inhabitants.

    Deaths increased by 947 or 4.05% to 24324. There are 1894 suspected deaths.
    Mexico has done 515658 tests, 13787 additional tests reported since yesterday.


    97% of 897 (up 1) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City, 69% of those beds are occupied, in the State of Mexico 67%, in Sonora 60%, in Puebla 55%, in Guanajuato and Colima 54%, in Tlaxcala and Guerrero 53%, in Baja California 52%, and in Veracruz and Tabasco 51%.

    Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 38% are occupied. In Mexico City 54% are occupied. In Baja California 66% are occupied, in the State of Mexico 60% and in Sonora 53%.

    https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
    https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
    The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

    Comment


    • Marylou
      Marylou commented
      Editing a comment
      The date should be June 24, 2020. My mistake!

  • Thursday June 25, 2020. Mexico reports 202951 cases and 25060 deaths

    At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 202951 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 6104 or 3.1%. Of these, 25529 are active cases, an increase of 1493 since yesterday. As well, there are 63583 suspected cases, an increase of 1108. Recoveries number 116, 862 or 57%.

    The incidence for accumulated cases is 159 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 19.97 per 100,000 inhabitants.

    Deaths increased by 736 or 3.03% to 25060. There are 1966 suspected deaths.
    Mexico has done 528651 tests, 12993 additional tests reported since yesterday.


    98% of 897 COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City and the State of Mexico, 65% of those beds are occupied, in Sonora 59%, in Puebla and Guanajuato 57%, in Colima 54%, in Tabasco 53%, in Veracruz and Guerrero 52% and in Baja California 51%.

    Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 37% are occupied. In Mexico City 51% are occupied. In Baja California 67% are occupied and in the State of Mexico 59%.

    https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
    https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
    The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

    Comment


    • Friday June 26, 2020. Mexico reports 208392 cases and 25779 deaths

      At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 208392 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 5441 or 2.7%. Of these, 25786 are active cases, an increase of 257 since yesterday. As well, there are 66440 suspected cases, an increase of 2857.

      The incidence for accumulated cases is 163 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 20.17 per 100,000 inhabitants.

      Deaths increased by 719 or 2.9% to 25779. There are 1903 suspected deaths.
      Mexico has done 542120 tests, 13469 additional tests reported since yesterday.


      98% of 897 COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 54% available. In Mexico City, 63% of those beds are occupied. In the State of Mexico 64% are occupied, in Sonora 59%, in Guanajuato 58%, in Tabasco 57%, in Puebla 55%, in Veracruz 54%, in Baja California and Colima 53%, and in Guerrero 50%.

      Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 53% are occupied. In Baja California 65% are occupied, and in the State of Mexico 60%.

      On Fridays, the new ‘semáforo’ or traffic light for the upcoming week is announced. The factors remain the same as does the weighting. As they were last week, all the states and the City of Mexico are red, maximum risk, or orange, high risk. This week, beginning Monday June 29, both the state of Aguascalientes and the City of Mexico move from red to orange. There were no other changes.

      https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
      https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
      The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

      Comment


      • Saturday June 27, 2020. Mexico reports 212802 cases and 26381 deaths

        At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 212802 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 4410 or 2.1%. Of these, 25700 are active cases, a decrease of 86 since yesterday. As well, there are 67099 suspected cases, an increase of 659.

        The incidence for accumulated cases is 167 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 20.11 per 100,000 inhabitants.

        Deaths increased by 602 or 2.3% to 26381. There are 1972 suspected deaths.
        Mexico has done 551052 tests, 8932 additional tests reported since yesterday.


        98% of 898 (up 1) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 56% available. In Mexico City and the State of Mexico, 64% of those beds are occupied, in Sonora 59%, in Nayarit 58%, in Guanajuato and Puebla 57%, in Veracruz 54%, in Baja California 53% and in Nuevo León 50%.

        Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 54% are occupied. In Baja California 68% are occupied, in the State of Mexico 62%, in Sonora 51%, and in Colima and Tlaxcala 50%.

        https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
        https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
        The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.



        Comment


        • Sunday, June 28, 2020. Mexico reports 216852 cases and 26648 deaths

          At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 216852 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 4050 or 1.9%. Of these, 25558 are active cases, a decrease of 142 since yesterday. As well, there are 64143 suspected cases, a decrease of 2956.

          The incidence for accumulated cases is 169.7 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 19.99 per 100,000 inhabitants.

          The government's emphasis tonight is that the rate of growth in cases is slowing and that Mexico's epidemiological curve is stabilizing.


          Deaths increased by 267 or 1.01% to 26648. There are 2004 suspected deaths.
          Mexico has done 556198 tests, 5146 additional tests reported since yesterday.


          94% of 899 (up 1) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 43% are occupied leaving 57% available. In Mexico City, the State of Mexico, Puebla, Tabasco and Sonora 61% of those beds are occupied. In Guanajuato 59% are occupied, in Colima 55%, in Nuevo Leon and Nayarit 54%, in Veracruz 53% and in Baja California 51%.

          Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 54% are occupied. In Baja California 63% of ICU beds are occupied, in the State of Mexico 60%, in Sonora 56%, in Nuevo León 55%, in Puebla 54% and in Tabasco 53%.

          https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
          https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
          The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

          Comment


          • Monday June 29, 2020. Mexico reports 220657 cases and 27121 deaths

            At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 220657 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 3805 or 1.8%. Of these, 23389 are active cases, a decrease of 2169 since yesterday. As well, there are 66910 suspected cases, an increase of 2767. Recovered persons total 131264 or 59% of total cases.

            The incidence for accumulated cases is 172.6 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 18.3 per 100,000 inhabitants.

            Deaths increased by 473 or 1.8% to 27121. There are 2055 suspected deaths.
            Mexico has done 566602 tests, 10404 additional tests reported since yesterday.


            96% of 899 COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 56% available. In Mexico City, 61% of those beds are occupied. In Sonora 64% are occupied, in Tabasco and the State of Mexico 63%, in Guanajuato, Puebla, Baja California and Nuevo León 59%, in Nayarit and Veracruz 54%, and in Colima 53%.

            Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 54% are occupied. In Baja California 62% of ICU beds are occupied, in the State of Mexico 61%, in Sonora 54%, in Nuevo León 53%, in Puebla and Tabasco 52%, and in Colima 51%.

            https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
            https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
            The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

            Comment


            • June 30, 2020 A breakdown of Mexico's numbers by state, including the City of Mexico, using the numbers from June 29
              https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estados/casos-de-covid-19-en-mexico-al-29-de-junio-estado-por-estado
              For each state the numbers are given for:
              Confirmed cases
              Negative cases/test results
              Suspected cases
              Deaths
              Incidence
              Risk according to the semáforo/traffic light - states are either rojo/ red for maximum risk or naranja/orange for high risk

              Comment


              • Tuesday June 30, 2020. Mexico reports 226089 cases and 27769 deaths

                At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 226089 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 5432 or 2.5%. Of these, 23782 are active cases, an increase of 393 since yesterday. As well, there are 72041 suspected cases, an increase of 5131. 134597 people have recovered, 60% of total cases.

                The incidence for accumulated cases is 177 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 18.6 per 100,000 inhabitants.

                Deaths increased by 648 or 2.4% to 27769. There are 2197 suspected deaths.
                Mexico has done 581580 tests, 14978 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                98% of 901 (up 2) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City, 62% of those beds are occupied. In Nayarit, 65% are occupied, in Tabasco 54%, in the State of Mexico 63%, in Puebla and Sonora 62%, in Guanajuato 60%, in Baja California 58%, in Nuevo León 56% and in Colima and Veracruz 53%.

                Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 40% are occupied. In Mexico City 56% are occupied. In Baja California 56% are occupied, in the State of Mexico 60%, in Nuevo León 57% and in Sonora and Puebla 50%.

                https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.


                Comment


                • Wednesday, July 1 2020. Mexico reports 231770 cases and 28510 deaths

                  At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 231770 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 5681 or 2.5%. Of these, 24734 are active cases, an increase of 952 since yesterday. As well, there are 75005 suspected cases, an increase of 2964. 138319 people have recovered, 60% of total cases.

                  The incidence for accumulated cases is 181.4 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 19.35 per 100,000 inhabitants.

                  Deaths increased by 741 or 2.7% to 28510. There are 2204 suspected deaths.
                  Mexico has done 595917 tests, 14337 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                  98% of 903 (up 2) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 56% available. In Mexico City, 56% of those beds are occupied. In Tabasco 68% of these beds are occupied, in Puebla 61%, in Nayarit 60%, in Guanajuato 59%, in Nuevo León 57%, in Sonora 56%, in Veracruz 55%, in Baja California 54%, in Coahuila 52% and in the State of Mexico and Colima 51%.

                  Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 51% are occupied. In Baja California 61% of the ICU beds are occupied, in Nuevo León 59%, in Sonora 55% and in the State of Mexico 53%.

                  To June 28, 46013 health care workers have tested positive and there are 13570 suspected cases. 41% are nurses, 29% doctors, 27% other health workers, 2% lab workers and 1% dentists. 8% of affected workers are hospitalized; 1834 are in stable condition, 1693 are in serious condition and 234 are in ICU. There have been 683 deaths, 23 suspicious deaths.

                  https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                  https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                  The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

                  Comment


                  • Thursday July 2, 2020. Mexico reports 238511 cases and 29189 deaths

                    At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 238511 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, a record increase in cases of 6741 or 2.9%. Of these, 25565 are active cases, an increase of 831 since yesterday. As well, there are 76423 suspected cases, an increase of 1418. 142593 people have recovered, 60% of total cases.

                    The incidence for accumulated cases is 186.6 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 20.00 per 100,000 inhabitants.

                    Deaths increased by 679 or 2.4% to 29189. There are 2185 suspected deaths.
                    Mexico has done 610495 tests, 14578 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                    98% of 904 (up 1) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City, 61% of those beds are occupied. In Tabasco 70% are occupied, in Puebla 62%, in Sonora 61%, in Guanajuato and the State of Mexico 59%, in Nuevo León 58%, in Nayarit 57%, in Veracruz and Baja California 55% and in Coahuila 52%.

                    Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 38% are occupied. In Mexico City 49% are occupied. In Baja California and Sonora 59% of the ICU beds are occupied, in the State of Mexico 56%, in Puebla 51% and in Sinaloa 50%.

                    https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                    https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                    The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

                    Comment


                    • Friday July 3 2020. Mexico reports 245251 cases and 29843 deaths

                      At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 245251 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 6740 (1 less than yesterday’s record high) or 2.8%. Of these, 26063 are active cases, an increase of 498 since yesterday. As well, there are 77750 suspected cases, an increase of 1327. 147205 people have recovered, 60% of total cases.

                      The incidence for accumulated cases is 191.9 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 20.39 per 100,000 inhabitants.

                      Deaths increased by 654 or 2.24% to 29843. There are 2169 suspected deaths.
                      Mexico has done 624981 tests, 14486 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                      98% of 912 (up 8) COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 56% available. In Mexico City, 57% of those beds are occupied. In Tabasco, 71% are occupied, in Nayarit and Nuevo León 63%, in Puebla 61%, in Guanajuato 60%, in Sonora 59%, in the State of Mexico 58%, in Baja California 53%, in Veracruz 52% and in Coahuila 51%.

                      Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 51% are occupied. In Baja California 62% are occupied, in Sonora 61%, in Nuevo León 56%, in the State of Mexico 54% and in Sinaloa 52%.

                      Mexico at the federal level is operating on a traffic light system of risk management, meaning that states are designated red for maximum risk, orange for high risk, yellow for medium risk and green for low risk. There are 4 factors that determine risk. Two of the factors are percentages, one of hospital occupation and the other the percentage of positive tests in the public laboratories, and two of the factors are directional and look at trends in hospitalization and suspected cases. The factors are weighted and hospital occupation counts for half. Last week, which lasts until Sunday at midnight, 17 states and the City of Mexico were orange, while 14 states were red. The traffic light colors that are announced tonight come into effect after this weekend and are in effect from Monday, July 6 until Sunday July 12. The City of Mexico and 16 states are orange, high risk. The other 15 states are red, maximum risk. Five states moved from orange to red: Guanajuato, Tamaulipas. Veracruz, Coahuila and Chiapas. Four states moved from red to orange: Morelos, Guerrero, Hidalgo and Oaxaca.

                      https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                      https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                      The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

                      Comment


                      • Saturday July 4, 2020. Mexico reports 252165 cases and 30366 deaths

                        At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 252165 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, a record increase in cases of 6914 or 2.8%. Of these, 26075 are active cases, an increase of 12 since yesterday. As well, there are 74387 suspected cases, a decrease of 3363. 152309 people have recovered, 60% of total cases.

                        The incidence for accumulated cases is 197.3 per 100,000 inhabitants. The incidence for active cases according to the SINAVE website is 20.40 per 100,000 inhabitants.

                        Deaths increased by 523 or 1.8% to 30366. There are 2121 suspected deaths.
                        Mexico has done 634991 tests, 10010 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                        98% of COVID hospitals reported on patient numbers yesterday. Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 56% available. In Mexico City, 56% of those beds are occupied. In Tabasco, 80% are occupied, in Nayarit 74%, in Nuevo León 62%, in Puebla 61%, in Sonora 57%, in Guanajuato 56%, in the State of Mexico 55%, in Coahuila 54%, in Veracruz 53% and in Baja California 52%.

                        Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 39% are occupied. In Mexico City 53% are occupied. In Baja California 62% of the ICU beds are occupied, in Sonora 57%, in the State of Mexico 54%, and in Nuevo León, Sinaloa, Puebla and Tabasco 53%.

                        https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                        https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                        The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

                        Comment


                        • do you see a decrease in deaths/cases , as in Southern USA ?
                          I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
                          my current links: [url]http://bit.ly/hFI7H[/url] ILI-charts: [url]http://bit.ly/CcRgT[/url]

                          Comment


                          • Marylou
                            Marylou commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No, we're seeing a very slow but very steady increase over time.

                        • Saturday July 5, 2020. Mexico reports 256848 cases and 30639 deaths

                          At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 256848 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 4683 or 1.86%. Of these, 26295 are active cases, an increase of 220 since yesterday. As well, there are 71305 suspected cases, a decrease of 3082. 155604 people have recovered.

                          Deaths increased by 273 or 0.90% to 30639.
                          Mexico has done 641142 tests, 6151 additional tests reported since yesterday.


                          Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 44% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City, 55% of those beds are occupied. In Tabasco 77% are occupied, in Nayarit 73%, in Nuevo León 66%, in Puebla 62%, in Sonora 60%, in Veracruz, Guanajuato and the State of Mexico 57%, in Coahuila 55% and in Baja California 54%.

                          Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 38% are occupied. In Mexico City 50% are occupied. In Baja California, 61% of ICU beds are occupied, in Nuevo León 57%, in the State of Mexico 53%, in Puebla 52%, in Sonora 51%, and in Tabasco, Sinaloa and Guerrero 50%.

                          NOTE: This 128th evening press conference on Day 35 of the New Normality was markedly different from previous conferences. The slide deck was much shorter and the emphasis was different. The stated emphasis is ‘the realities of the states’ but while there were two new slides, one looking at incidence per state per epidemiological week and one graphing cases by incidence by epidemiological week for the five states with the highest numbers and the 5 states with the lowest numbers. Many slides that disaggregated information by state were not there. Today we start Week 28. At the end of Week 26 the 5 states at the top of the list were Tabasco, Sonora, Tamaulipas, City of Mexico and Coahuila and the 5 states at the bottom were Zacatecas, Chihuahua, Morelos, Querétaro and Chiapas.

                          https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                          https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                          The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.

                          Comment


                          • Monday July 6, 2020. Mexico reports 261750 cases and 31119 deaths

                            At tonight's 7pm press conference, the government reported 261750 cases as of 1:00 p.m. today, an increase in cases of 4902 or 1.91%. Of these, 25805 are active cases, a decrease of 490 since yesterday. As well, there are 73035 suspected cases, an increase of 1730. 159,657 people have recovered.

                            Deaths increased by 480 or 1.57% to 31119.
                            No test numbers were reported.


                            Of the hospital beds designated for COVID-19, on a national level 45% are occupied leaving 55% available. In Mexico City, 56% of those beds are occupied. In Nayarit 78% are occupied, in Tabasco 77%, in Nuevo León 74%, in Sonora 63%, in Guanajuato 62%, in Puebla 61%, in Veracruz 58%, in the State of Mexico 57%, in Coahuila 56% and in Baja California 52%.

                            Of the hospital beds with ventilators, the ICU beds, on a national level 38% are occupied. In Mexico City 52% are occupied. In Baja California 62% are occupied, in Nuevo León 57%, in the State of Mexico and Tabasco 54%, in Sonora 53% and in Sinaloa 51%.

                            https://coronavirus.gob.mx/datos/
                            https://covid19.sinave.gob.mx/
                            The second site has less information; however, the first tab, the map of cases to date, provides more state-specific information. The third tab provides the national and state-specific numbers for the incidence of active cases.


                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X