Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malaysia Covid-19 Cases: 9,810 cases; 128 deaths

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Malaysia Covid-19 Cases: 9,810 cases; 128 deaths

    Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...ealth-minister

    Three Chinese nationals test positive for coronavirus in M'sia, says Health Minister
    Saturday, 25 Jan 2020
    12:24 PM MYT

    PUTRAJAYA (Bernama): Three people, who were among eight Chinese nationals placed under quarantine in Johor Baru, have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, also known as the Wuhan coronavirus, says Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad...

    ********************

    Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...irus-infection


    Wuhan virus: Three confirmed cases in Malaysia related to Singapore's first confirmed case
    Published 34 min ago
    Hazlin Hassan Malaysia Correspondent in Kuala Lumpur

    Three people have been confirmed to have the Wuhan coronavirus here, Malaysian Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said today (Saturday), marking the first cases of the potentially deadly disease in Malaysia.

    The three Chinese citizens, who entered Malaysia via Johor Baru, are the wife and grandchildren of a 66-year-old man from Wuhan, who is currently being treated in Singapore for the same virus.

    The three patients have since been transferred to Sungai Buloh Hospital in Selangor, said Datuk Seri Dzulkefly.

    The patients were said to have boarded a plane from Guangzhou to Singapore on Jan 20.

    The 66-year-old man and his son tested positive for the virus and were admitted to hospital in Singapore on January 22...
    Last edited by tetano; January 28, 2020, 02:24 PM.

  • #2
    Source: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...try-confirmed/


    4th coronavirus case in country confirmed
    FMT Reporters -
    January 25, 2020 11:53 PM

    PETALING JAYA: The health ministry has confirmed the fourth case in Malaysia of the coronavirus that has killed 41 people and infected nearly 1,300 in China.

    Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah says the fourth case, involving a 40-year old man from Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, was not linked to the three cases confirmed earlier this morning.

    The victim, he said, arrived in Johor Bahru on Jan 22 from Singapore by bus, together with 17 others from China, including his wife and child.

    “He is currently in stable condition, although he still has a fever and is coughing,” Noor said in a statement.

    He said the Johor Health Department managed to locate the 17 others and have screened them for the virus.

    “They are not suffering from fever and do not show any symptoms,” he said, adding that the 17 had been quarantined until their test results are known...

    Comment


    • #3
      Source: https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2...inging-total-4

      This latest case, involving a 40-year-old male tourist from Wuhan, is unrelated to the three announced earlier. - NSTP/MOHD AZREN JAMALUDIN
      By New Straits Times - January 25, 2020 @ 11:59pm

      ...This latest case, involving a 40-year-old male tourist from Wuhan, is unrelated to the three announced earlier.

      Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement, said the man arrived in Johor Baru by bus from Singapore on Jan 22.

      "He was with a group of 17 tourists. His wife and child were also in the group.

      "On Jan 23, he started to have a fever. He sought medical attention the next day at a private hospital nearby. He was referred to the Infectious Diseases team at Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Baru. Tests confirmed he was positive on Jan 25."

      He said the patient was in stable condition...

      Comment


      • #4
        Translation Google

        2020-01-27 09:23:00 

        Suspected Wuhan pneumonia case found in Sarawak

        (Sarawak Bintulu, 27th) Bintulu has found a suspected case of Wuhan pneumonia! A female patient of Chinese nationality has been temporarily isolated from Bintulu Hospital.

        Bintulu police yesterday received a report from a related netizen who posted in a Facebook post that Bintulu had a case of Wuhan pneumonia and asked police to take action.

        In order to verify the authenticity of the content, the police have learned from the emergency rescue unit of Bintulu that a Chinese national had fever symptoms when he sought medical treatment at Columbia Hospital. The Chinese woman also admitted that she had recently visited Wuhan, China.

        It is reported that the Chinese woman had been employed in a Chinese company in Bintulukidu for about two years. She is now 25 years old and comes from Hubei, China.

        The woman traveled to Wuhan for business on January 11 and transferred from Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Wuhan, China on the 16th, before entering Bintulu. After arriving in Bintulu, she went to work as usual.

        On the 26th, the woman began to have symptoms of fever. In addition to the outbreak of the Wuhan pneumonia incident, and remembering that she had been working in Wuhan, the woman went directly to Columbia Hospital. The Columbia Hospital suspected the woman was infected with Wuhan pneumonia and transferred the woman to Bintulu Hospital.

        At present Bintulu Hospital has isolated the woman and will conduct a 14-day observation period. The hospital has taken a woman's blood sample and sent it to Kuala Lumpur for review. The hospital has not yet identified Wuhan pneumonia, and the woman has been quarantined. The public is urged not to panic.
        Article source: Xingzhou Daily 2020-01-27

        https://www.sinchew.com.my/content/content_2206959.html
        "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
        -Nelson Mandela

        Comment


        • #5



          Malaysia confirmed 3 new cases of pneumonia infected with coronavirus
          January 29, 2020 02:15 Source: China News Network

          (Combating new pneumonia) Malaysia confirmed 3 new cases of pneumonia infected with new coronavirus

          中新网 Kuala Lumpur, January 29th. The relevant person in charge of the Malaysian health department issued a statement at 0:40 am on the 29th, announcing that Malaysia had confirmed 3 new cases of pneumonia with new coronavirus infection. A total of 7 confirmed cases have been identified in Malaysia.

          These 7 confirmed cases were all Chinese citizens.

          The Malaysian health department had previously announced that as of noon on the 28th, a total of 65 suspected cases (excluding the first 3 cases admitted and confirmed from Singapore) were found, of which 1 case was confirmed on the 25th and 61 cases were negative.

          A statement from the Luma Health Department on the 29th meant that the remaining three suspected cases were eventually diagnosed. (Finish

          http://www.chinanews.com/gj/2020/01-29/9072234.shtml

          Comment


          • #6
            Source: https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/01...ction-now-at-7

            Malaysia confirms 3 new cases of 2019-nCov infection, now at 7
            Joseph Sipalan and Liz Lee, Reuters
            Posted at Jan 29 2020 08:01 PM

            KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Health Ministry said on Wednesday three more people had been infected with the new coronavirus, taking the total to seven, all of whom are Chinese citizens.

            The new cases involve a 4-year-old girl, a 52-year-old man and the mother of two children confirmed infected earlier, the ministry said in a statement.

            Authorities said the mother had initially tested negative and had stayed in Malaysia to take care of her children - grandsons of a 66-year-old man who tested positive in Singapore for the coronavirus last week...

            Comment


            • #7
              Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...on-coronavirus

              Four arrested for spreading fake news on coronavirus
              Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020
              8:30 PM MYT
              By JO TIMBUONG

              PETALING JAYA: A tutor, two pharmacy assistants and a university student were arrested for spreading fake news about the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

              The four were arrested in separate operations by the police and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission in Melaka, Kedah and Pahang between 11am and 5pm on Wednesday (Jan 29).

              In a statement, MCMC said a 49-year-old part-time tutor was arrested around noon after allegedly uploading fake news about the virus on Facebook on Jan 25.

              In Melaka, two pharmacy assistants aged 25 and 30 were picked up in Peringgit and Merlimau around 4pm to help with investigations into the spread of fake news about the virus on a Fcaebook page on Jan 26.

              A 24-year-old student at a public university in Kuantan was also arrested around 4.15pm for the same offence after allegedly uploading fake news about the virus on Twitter on Jan 27.

              Authorities seized four mobile phones, five SIM cards and two memory cards from the suspects.

              The case is being investigated under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998...

              Comment


              • #8
                Source: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...n-wuhan-virus/

                Sixth person arrested for spreading fake news on Wuhan virus
                FMT Reporters -
                January 30, 2020 9:10 PM

                PETALING JAYA: A 28-year-old bank clerk was arrested in Kuantan this afternoon to assist in investigations into a Facebook posting which spread fake news about the Wuhan virus outbreak.

                This brings to six the number of people arrested for this offence over three days.

                The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) said the suspect’s mobile phone and SIM card were confiscated on suspicion of being used to upload the post on Monday.

                She is being investigated under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, which carries a maximum fine of RM50,000 or a jail term of not more than one year, or both, on conviction...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Malaysia confirms first citizen case of novel coronavirus

                  KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Tuesday (Feb 4) confirmed the country's first citizen case of novel coronavirus.

                  The patient, a 41-year-old man - is in stable condition, Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said.


                  The man's immediate family will also be put under "home surveillance" for 14 days, he added.

                  There are currently a total of 10 coronavirus cases in Malaysia, he added.




                  Dr Dzulkefly said another 20 suspected cases were currently waiting for further test results.

                  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-case-12389728

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Health authorities said the 41-year-old Malaysian had travelled to Singapore from Jan 16 to Jan 23 for a meeting, which was attended by international delegates including Chinese nationals.

                    The man started showing symptoms on Jan 29, nearly a week after he returned to Malaysia.
                    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Tuesday (Feb 4) confirmed the country's first citizen case of the novel coronavirus, bringing the total number of ...
                    “Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights – that must be our call to arms"
                    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

                    ~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Source: http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news/...tive-for-ncov/
                      41-year-old first M’sian tested positive for nCov
                      Published on: Wednesday, February 05, 2020

                      KUALA LUMPUR: A 41-year-old man is the first Malaysian to be tested positive for the novel coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV).

                      He is one of two new positive cases, bringing to 10 the number of coronavirus cases in Malaysia so far.

                      Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the other case involved a 63-year-old man from China who arrived at the KL International Airport on Jan 18.

                      “As for the Malaysian, he was in Singapore from Jan 16 to 23 to attend a conference which was also attended by several international delegations including from China.

                      “He returned to Malaysia on Jan 23 and, on Jan 29, sought treatment at a private health facility in Selangor for fever and cough, Thereafter, he was referred to the Sungai Buloh Hospital on Feb 2, and was admitted to an isolation ward. He was confirmed positive for 2019-nCoV Monday,” he said.

                      He said the Malaysian was in stable condition and that the Health Ministry was working closely with the Singaporean authorities on contact tracing...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...or-coronavirus
                        PUTRAJAYA: Two Malaysians who returned from Wuhan, China, have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

                        Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the two, a 45-year-old and his nine-year-old son, were among the 107 people on board a special flight to bring Malaysians back from Wuhan.

                        This brings the tally of positive 2019-nCoV cases in the country to 12. Of the 12, nine are China nationals and three are Malaysians.
                        ...snip

                        The report states that the two evacuated positive cases were asymptomatic.
                        “The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia linked to Singapore meeting spark WHO investigation

                          • A Malaysian and South Korean were infected after going to a conference in Singapore, which included guests from China and Wuhan
                          • The source of their infections has not been identified
                          Continued: https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...-including-man

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Commonground View Post
                            Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia linked to Singapore meeting spark WHO investigation
                            • A Malaysian and South Korean were infected after going to a conference in Singapore, which included guests from China and Wuhan
                            • The source of their infections has not been identified
                            Continued: https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...-including-man
                            From article above: "At least three employees of the multinational company, including a 41-year-old man in Malaysia and a 38-year-old man in South Korea, were infected with the so-called 2019-nCoV virus after attending a meeting at a Singapore hotel in the third week of January, health authorities said.


                            Coronavirus: Malaysia confirms first case of human transmission arising from Singapore meeting, taking tally to 14

                            Published: 5:22pm, 6 Feb, 2020

                            The sister of a 41-year-old Malaysian man who attended a meeting in Singapore last month has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the first known person-to-person transmission in the country, authorities in Malaysia said on Thursday said.

                            The 40-year-old Malaysian woman had direct contact with the man, who had returned to his hometown for the Lunar New Year holiday on January 23, Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said in a statement.

                            The woman, who does not have a travel history to China, started showing symptoms on February 1, the minister said. Others in the man’s family have tested negative for the coronavirus.
                            “We are calling this the first Malaysian-transmitted local case,” Dzulkefly said.

                            The man had attended a company meeting at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore in mid-January. At least three people, including the Malaysian man, who attended the meeting have contracted the virus, sparking a World Health Organisation investigation of the case...

                            https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...rst-case-human

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Post #14 above:
                              Originally posted by Commonground View Post
                              The man had attended a company meeting at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore in mid-January. At least three people, including the Malaysian man, who attended the meeting have contracted the virus, sparking a World Health Organisation investigation of the case...
                              [/URL]
                              Another patient who attended this Business Meeting:
                              30th Case in Singapore:
                              Excerpt:

                              One of the patients is a 41-year-old citizen whom the Health Ministry said had no recent travel history to China. The second confirmed case is a 27-year-old man who attended a business meeting with people from Hubei and elsewhere in China. Others at the meeting, from South Korea and Malaysia, also tested positive for the virus.

                              https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-pla...us-11580990006

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X