Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy - Media: "In Italy no longer sing from the balconies. Many have run out of money and just want to eat."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy - Media: "In Italy no longer sing from the balconies. Many have run out of money and just want to eat."

Coronavirus, tension in Southern Italy: "We have no money to pay for the expense." Palermo, law enforcement agencies outside supermarkets

ITALY > FIRST FLOOR
    Saturday 28 March 2020
    by Giuseppe Scarpa
    In Italy a new virus is spreading, hunger. The first fires of protests light up in the south. Sicily is the region from which the outbreaks break out. And this is not precisely Covid-19. Even if it is from government measures, adopted to stop the infection, that triggers everything: in Palermo in the popular neighborhoods many ask for food. Many begin to have serious difficulties putting together lunch and dinner. And the result is depicted by some hypermarkets manned by law enforcement. Watch as if it were a bank vault. However, gold bars are not protected, but the shelves with pasta, oil, biscuits and milk are protected.

The measure was adopted after an attempted assault on a supermarket took place on Thursday. In a Lidl store some people filled the shopping carts, trying to escape without paying the bill. "We have no money and we don't want to pay."
    In Naples the same thing happens. A video published on various social networks captures the scene. No gesture of anger in this case. Only the discouragement of a man: put on the mask, get to the checkout and empty the trolley.

snip

Yet another explosion of anger is staged, however, in Bari. A video - reported by several Apulian newspapers - resumes the scene: “We were left without food at home, we are without money. How do we live? ". Three people shout in front of a bank branch. "We are out of money," shouts the man: "We have no more money, how do we live?". “Please come home to see: I have nothing left. I have to eat, ”says the woman who accompanies her to the police. At one point, a passerby hands two of the three people into banknotes. "For me twenty days have closed the shop and I don't know when I will be able to reopen." The three also rail against agents. The cops understand and try to calm them down.
    In Italy no longer sing from the balconies. Many have run out of money and just want to eat.

https://www.ilgazzettino.it/italia/p...e-5138262.html

Working...
X