Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India 2019-nCov cases: 4,659,984 cases, 77,472 deaths?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...g/74633220.cms
    Coronavirus highlights: India's confirmed cases rise to 110; Maha worst affected

The number of people infected by novel coronavirus in India climbed to 110, as on Sunday, with Maharashtra the worst affected with 33 cases.
    "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumba...2WyPJn7mK.html

Mumbai’s first coronavirus death is third in India
      mumbai Updated: Mar 18, 2020 00:20 IST
      Rupsa Chakraborty & Surendra P Gangan

The city reported its first and India’s third novel coronavirus death on Tuesday morning, when a 64-year-old man admitted to Kasturba Hospital succumbed to the disease, while the Maharashtra government said it has not ruled out shutting down public transport, among other measures, to stem the spread of the pandemic.

The state reported two more cases — one each in Mumbai and Pune — on Tuesday to raise its virus count to 41, highest in India, amid fears that Maharashtra is emerging as the country’s Covid-19 hotspot. The number of cases across India rose to 139...

Comment

MOHFW confirming 147 cases, 3 fatal.
        Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Coronavirus claims 4th life in India, 72-yr-old Punjab man who died tests positive for Covid-19

Press Trust of India
          Chandigarh
          March 19, 2020UPDATED: March 19, 2020 17:54 IST

A man who had recently returned from Italy has tested positive for coronavirus after his death in Punjab. (PTI)

Novel coronavirus has claimed another life in India.
          A 72-year-old man in Punjab who passed away earlier has tested positive for Covid-19
          he died at Banga community health centre on Wednesday
          The sample of a 72-year-old man, who returned from Germany via Italy a fortnight ago and died at a hospital in Punjab's Nawanshahr district after severe chest pain, has tested positive for novel coronavirus, senior officials said on Thursday. It is the fourth confirmed death from the novel coronavirus in India.

The septuagenarian, who had diabetes and hypertension, tested positive after he died at the Banga community health centre on Wednesday, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Director Jagat Ram said.
          https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...432-2020-03-19

Click image for larger version

Name:	India.png
Views:	370
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	838654
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

thejakartapost: Eight Indonesian citizens test positive for COVID-19 in India...under intensive care at a hospital in India’s city of Hyderabad...

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...-in-india.html

Comment

The Italian man in Jaipur not counted among those dead in India due to coronavirus: Health Ministry
              https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...g/74721738.cms

Comment

Coronavirus: Italian Tourist Dies In Jaipur; 5th Case Of Covid-19 Death In India
                32,327 views•Mar 20, 2020

Comment

Source: https://scroll.in/latest/956798/covi...monia-patients

COVID-19: India’s count now 236; testing extended to all pneumonia patients
                  The coronavirus has infected 2,74,707 people and killed 11,387 worldwide.
                  37 minutes ago
                  Scroll Staff

The total number of positive COVID-19 cases in India rose to 236 on Friday. This was 63 cases more than the previous day and the largest single-day spike in cases so far. The government as well as medical experts have advised social distancing, and thereby avoiding large gatherings, as one of the major preventive measures. With this in mind, several states in India have virtually shut down to tackle the crisis. Educational institutions, and public spaces such as eateries, malls, gyms and swimming pools have been closed till the end of the month.

The Ministry of Health has instructed hospitals that they cannot turn away patients suspected of having coronavirus, and that patients with pneumonia should also be tested for the disease...

Comment

Death toll due to COVID-19 coronavirus in India reaches six as 38-year-old man dies in Patna
                    Zee News

The number of deaths due to coronavirus in India jumped to six on Sunday (March 22) after a 38-year-old man died at AIIMS in Patna, Bihar.

The confirmation of death of patient in Patna came minutes after a 63-year-old COVID-19 patients succumbed to the deadly virus in Mumbai, Maharashtra. According to hospital sources, the Mumbai man, who tested positive for coronavirus had a chronic history of diabetes, high blood pressure and ischemic heart disease. The man was admitted to the HN Reliance Hospital in Mumbai on March 21.
                    In a related development, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare confirmed on Sunday that the number of Covid-19 cases in India has gone up to 324. The total includes 296 active cases, 23 recovered cases and six fatalities.
                    https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsi...KL4?li=AAggbRN

Comment

16:13 (IST)
                      First death in Gujarat; toll in nation stands at 7
                      A 69-year-old man, who had tested positive for COVID-19, passed away in Gujarat's Surat on Sunday. It is the first death in the state due to the virus and third death reported in the nation.

The toll has risen to seven on Sunday.

Comment

COVID-19: Woman who hasn’t moved out of India is on ventilator

Pune: A woman in her early 40s has tested positive for coronavirus in Maharashtra’s Pune city, a senior official confirmed on Saturday.

The woman, who is currently on ventilator support at Bharti Hospital, tested positive for the infection after her throat swabs were sent to the National Institute of Virology to check for the possibility of swine flu (H1N1), he said.

The woman does not have travel history to a foreign country, but had traveled to Vashi in Navi Mumbai to attend a wedding on March 3, he said.

“We are investigating the case. Although she tested positive for Covid-19, she does not have a history of travel abroad. She must have come in contact with someone who had foreign travel history,” district collector Naval Kishore Ram said.

Details of her cab journey to Mumbai are being probed, he said. “There are separate guidelines to deal with such cases,” he added.

The woman’s case has been referred to higher authorities for further probe, he said.

Meanwhile, a 25-year-old man who tested positive in Pune on Friday had recently traveled to Ireland, an official said.

The man was admitted to Naidu Hospital on Friday and his swab samples came out positive later in the evening, he said.

Pune: A woman in her early 40s has tested positive for coronavirus in Maharashtra’s Pune city, a senior official confirmed on Saturday. The woman, who is currently on ventilator support at Bharti…

Comment

India records 8th possible coronavirus death in Mumbai
                          Mon, Mar 23 2020 03:17:02 PM

Daijiworld Media Network - Mumbai (SHP)

Mumbai, Mar 23: Amid rising cases and subsequent increase in infections being recorded per day, India could likely report a higher death toll. A new update has revealed the passing of a 68-year-old man from the Philippines. The man passed away on Monday at a private hospital in the city. This is the third death reported from Mumbai in connection with the coronavirus.

As of March 22, India has reported over 7 deaths. However, an official statement is yet to confirm whether the latest death is due to the deadly coronavirus.
                          https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...?newsID=687650

Comment

(*including foreign nationals, as on 23.03.2020 at 10:30 AM)

Views:	152
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	840285

Comment

Coronavirus Pandemic LIVE Updates: All Domestic Passenger Flights Suspended from Midnight Tonight
                              News18.com | March 23, 2020, 4:44 PM IST

Coronavirus Pandemic LIVE Updates: West Bengal today reported its first coronavirus death after a 55-year old patient from Dum Dum in North Kolkata, who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital, suffered a cardiac arrest and died at around 3.35pm. The patient was on ventilation support and suffered multiple organ failure. Meanwhile, Tamil Nadu became the 15th and latest state to go under lockdown as the number of coronavirus cases in the country touched 415. Both Houses of Parliament, meanwhile, will be adjourned sine die today after passage of the Finance Bill, sources said. The session was earlier scheduled to conclude on April 3. The session is likely to be concluded almost 12 days ahead of schedule due to the looming threat of COVID-19
                              https://www.news18.com/news/india/co...l-2546913.html

Comment

Views:	141
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	840385

First death in Himachal Pradesh due to Coronavirus
                                Updated : 23 Mar 2020 08:51 PM (IST)
                                A 68-year old man has died in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh after being tested positive for the novel Coronavirus Covid-19. He was of Tibetan descent and had travelled from US to Delhi, before reaching Kangra.
                                https://news.abplive.com/videos/news...avirus-1181006

Comment

Working...
                                X