X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJackson
    commented on 's reply
    Etudiant
    I was not aware that WIV had an ABSL4 lab or a bat colony. I know a number of ABSL labs do have bats but they are all large fruit bats and the research was on Hendra and Nipha. SARS like viruses are in micro insectivorous bats which are very difficult to keep as they need to feed on the wing and their biology is very unusual as their resting heart beat is orders of magnitude lower than when active. If you meant the RatG13 sample this was a partial sequence generated to look at the RdRp protein and was of little interest at the time as it was normal at RdRp and no one knew, or had reason to suspect, that its odd insertion in Spike would have have an significance. The pandemic was the catalyst to dig out old sequences and generate more sequence data from old samples. WIV nor anyone else ever had a bat with RatG13 in it as it was a sample from bat guano collected in a cave and an RT PCR generated partial sequence. The only way WIV could have performed any lab experiments with it was to create the 30,000 NT strand from scratch and infect a bat with it then make over a thousand experimental changes until they found one that they could test on humans and that worked.
    To believe a BSL4 lab anywhere in the world would go to that much trouble on a Hail Mary play when every second of research time in a BSL4 lab is gold dust for the researchers takes conspiracy theories to a whole new level. The BSL4 lab is very highly respected by the community and has, or at least had, visiting US researcher working there who would have been aware if it was just a bio-weapons research lab or even if it had very poor safety standards. I would recommend any one watch this video on the BSL4 lab in Boston to see exactly what you have to do to reach BSL4 certification and just how difficult it is to get an accidental release. If you drop an empty petri dish on the floor you have to log it as a lab accident, if you use a BSL4 pathogen from the freezer you have to account for ever mg and the whole lab is ring fenced by a BSL3 area into which any escape would occur.

• sharon sanders
    commented on 's reply
    FluTrackers does not advocate for any vaccines, medicines, therapies, treatments, supplements, etc. If you have any questions about these please contact your medical practitioner.

• Mary Wilson
    replied
    This is what we are doing here:

We are presenting sources of information, in hopes that someone will be enlightened as to what this CoVid-19 virus may be all about.

Governments, money, have always been around. Its not just playing a role in this current pandemic

We have to believe in the vaccines being developed by many countries.
    We have to hope that this pandemic will eventually get under some kind of control for all nations.
    Yes, it is a rocky road, but if we do not try, we are doomed.
    And we, all of us, are not quitters.

If it weren't for FluTrackers website, where would we get out information from?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TO CLARIFY MY ABOVE STATEMENT:

"We have to believe in the vaccines being developed by many countries.
    We have to hope that this pandemic will eventually get under some kind of control for all nations.
    Yes, it is a rocky road, but if we do not try, we are doomed.
    And we, all of us, are not quitters."

The usage of the word "We" pertains to all of us, all the people in the world, everyone on earth.
    It did not mean to indicate this particular website.
    My apologies to anyone who may have misunderstood my words.

Last edited by Mary Wilson; February 4, 2021, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    Honestly...what are we doing here if we faithfully believe what any government says? We should just close down the site except for a front page with all of the gov links.

I do not believe anything from any government without corroborating evidence and everything has to pass the "smell test".

Remember the idea that media is the 4th estate? Remember before cancel culture became popular? Well...I do and I take it seriously.

We are the watchdogs.

There is a lot of money and power at stake in this pandemic. Do not forget it.

Always question.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    commented on 's reply
    I think the WIV lab and the China CDC lab in Wuhan cooperate on many projects so I am not sure who did/does what. I think a collection of bats was housed at the CDC lab.

• sharon sanders
    commented on 's reply
    I do not take as truth anything that the US government says on face value either. I do not care what the official US government claim is on any topic.

• Mary Wilson
    replied
    China bat caves need exploring in search for COVID origins, WHO team member says

FEBRUARY 4, 20215:03 AM. UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO
    By David Kirton, David Stanway

WUHAN, China (Reuters) - A member of the World Health Organization-led team searching for clues to the origins of COVID-19 in the central Chinese city of Wuhan said work was needed to try to trace genetic elements of the virus in bat caves.

Peter Daszak, a zoologist and animal disease expert, said the team in Wuhan had been receiving new information about how the virus, first identified in the city in late 2019, led to a pandemic. He did not elaborate but said there was no evidence to suggest it emerged from a lab.

The origin of the coronavirus has become highly politicised following accusations, especially by the United States, that China was not transparent in its early handling of the outbreak. Beijing has pushed the idea that the virus originated elsewhere.

... It is unclear whether China is currently sampling its many bat caves, but viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 had previously been found in the southwest province of Yunnan.

He said the team in Wuhan had been receiving new information about how the virus led to a pandemic, but did not elaborate.

“I’m seeing a picture coming through of some of the scenarios looking more plausible than before,” he said.

Leave a comment:

• etudiant
    replied
    No expert, but the circumstantial evidence does implicate the lab. For one, the famous 2013 sample was never reported until after the outbreak, plus there is no instance of any related outbreak between the collection site a thousand miles away and Wuhan, so biological transmission without human intervention seems implausible.
    Separately, apparently bats were held in collective cages at the Wuhan lab, presumably happily exchanging viruses. That there could then be an escape, by accident or inadvertence, does not seem a stretch.

Leave a comment:

• JJackson
    commented on 's reply
    Sharon I am sorry to take issue with your post again but I can not agree. What has been posted here purporting to be evidence of some kind of error and cover up of WIV involvement in the history of this pandemic does not survive even cursory examination. The attacks on WIV and Shi Zhengli are ad hominim if not backed up by evidence rather than just distrust and suspicion. Given the choice of believing her or some unsubstantiated claim by the US government I have to go with her as the more reliable of the two sources.
    Apologies again but I will continue to post things as I see them and on China you and I are sadly never likely to agree.

• sharon sanders
    replied
    In my opinion a tour of the lab - a year later - is irrelevant. As to speaking with Shi Zhengli...how about an interview in a neutral country with her immediate family also safety outside China? The world knows about the "black jails" in China. link

This attempted re-write of history will not work. The world is not stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Update: WHO team visits P4 lab in Wuhan Institute of Virology - February 2021

23:45 Feb 02 2021
    Chen Qingqing and Cao Siqi

The WHO expert team visited the P4 lab inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) on Wednesday, a place that became target of a storm of Western public opinion following a massive smear campaign led by some US politicians. The visit came after days of intensive field work looking for the origins of the novel coronavirus.

The WIV has played a crucial role in global scientific cooperation. In addition to being fully transparent in its operations, it has also refuted conspiracy theories and unproven allegations about its links to COVID-19.

Peter Ben Embarek, the scientist leading the WHO team, confirmed with the Global Times that the experts visited the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the P4 lab in the institute on Wednesday.

He told the Global Times in an earlier interview that the team would meet Shi Zhengli, a leading virologist from the lab, who has been dubbed “Bat Woman” due to her years of research in bats and viruses and achievements in this field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Link to a couple of Wuhan Videos posted on Feb 3 2021 from the twitter account of

Peter Daszak
    @EcoHealthNYC President.@theNASEM
    Forum on #microbialthreats Chair. Zoologist. Parasitologist. Ecologist. British. American.

Here’s the press pack today at Wuhan Institute of Virology from our car. We’re trying to do our best to keep information flowing while being respectful of our hosts here in China & not preempting the work. We see you guys out there & appreciate your attention to this@WHO mission...

VIDEOS HERE: https://twitter.com/PeterDaszak/stat...24574169255937
Working...
X