This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid kills more young people in Brazil

Exclusive survey reveals that mortality up to 35 years is 65% higher than in rich countries

05/28/2020 06h00 Updated h? 2 dias

Mortality by Covid-19 among young Brazilians is almost two-thirds higher than that found in rich countries, reveals an analysis made exclusively for G1 by the French demographer Christophe Guilmoto, from the Research Institute for Development (IRD) of the University of Paris . Proportionally, there are also more women among Brazilian victims of the new coronavirus, although in all countries the majority of those killed are male.

more...

https://g1.globo.com/mundo/blog/heli...o-brasil.ghtml

Comment

• Despite underreporting and many government failures, Brazil exceeds 500,000 cases of covid19

There were 16,409 new cases confirmed by coronavirus in Brazil and 480 deaths in the last 24 hours.
      The total in Brazil is 514,849 confirmed cases of covid19 with 29,314 deaths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31-05-2020.png
Views:	169
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	865988

Comment

• 526,447 cases and 29,937 deaths

--------------------------------------

See the data on the coronavirus in Brazil this Monday (1st), according to an exclusive survey by G1 with the state health departments. There were 30,046 deaths caused by Covid-19 and 529,405 confirmed cases of the disease across the country.

https://g1.globo.com/bemestar/corona...de-junho.ghtml

Comment

• In the midst of a process of economic opening and reduction of the rules of social distance, the State of S?o Paulo once again set a record in both the number of deaths in the last 24 hours, which reached 327 (bringing the total number of deaths to 7,994 records), and the number of new cases of patients with coronavirus, according to data released this Tuesday, 2, by the state secretary of health, Jos? Henrique Germann. The total number of infections rose from 111,296 to 118,295, an increase of 6,999 patients from Monday to Tuesday.

https://saude.estadao.com.br/noticia...19,70003322189

Comment

• There were 28,936 new cases confirmed by coronavirus in Brazil and 1,262 deaths in the last 24 hours.
            The total in Brazil is 555,383 confirmed cases of covid19 with 31,199 deaths.
            (This is unfortunately another record in number of cases and deaths in the country.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	02-06-2020.png Views:	2 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	866455

Comment

• See the data on the coronavirus in Brazil this Tuesday (2), according to an exclusive survey by G1 with the state health departments. 32,117 deaths from Covid-19 and 577,413 confirmed cases of the disease were recorded across the country.

https://g1.globo.com/bemestar/corona...de-junho.ghtml

Comment

• There were 28,633 new cases confirmed by coronavirus in Brazil and 1,349 deaths in the last 24 hours.
                The total in Brazil is 584,016 confirmed cases of covid19 with 32,548 deaths.
                (another record in deaths in the country.)

Name:	03-06-2020.png
Views:	144
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	866860

Comment

• Ministry of Health of Brazil publishes data delayed for the second day and shows incomplete data on the number of deaths. The country's press does not accept and shows the correct data, which is much larger.
                  According to the Ministry of Health, on the official website, Brazil had 1349 deaths by covid19 in the last 24 hours while the press shows the complete data, which indicate 1473 deaths in the last 24 hours.

Government data: https://covid.saude.gov.br/

Press information: https://saude.estadao.com.br/noticia...19,70003325111
                  or: https://g1.globo.com/bemestar/corona...nisterio.ghtml or: https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/equili...o-brasil.shtml

The official government figures today, which I did not accept by the press, which released other figures:

Name:	04-06-2020.png
Views:	126
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	867256
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Brazilian government corrects information and puts the correct covid-19 data on the official website
                    There were 30,925 new cases confirmed by coronavirus in Brazil and 1,473 deaths in the last 24 hours.
                    The total in Brazil is 614,941 confirmed cases of covid19 with 34,021 deaths.
                    (This is unfortunately another record in number of cases and deaths in the country.)

Name:	04-06-2020-2.png
Views:	129
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	867258

Comment

• President of Brazil purposely determined the delay of the daily data of covid19 so that the TV newspapers cannot publish the updated data.

Correio Braziliense: Covid-19: Bolsonaro ordenou atrasar boletins para n?o passar em telejornais.

Comment

• Shamefully, the Ministry of Health did not release Covid19 data today. Just a message on the official website: "Portal under maintenance"

Name:	05-06-2020-2.png
Views:	121
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	867469

Comment

• I apologize to my colleagues, but I will no longer disclose numbers from covid19 in Brazil, since the data that were no longer reliable, now beyond the delays and today are not even being released, are being manipulated by the government whose president of the republic is denialist about the disease.
                          The figures released so far are a small part of the country's reality. The actual numbers, both of cases and deaths, should be between 5 and 10 times more than those released.
                          Cities are reopening trade and services even with the cases and ascending deaths.
                          I don't know what will happen in the country. I feel sorry for the ignorant people and the poor who are being left to chance.
                          Brazil is experiencing a political and economic crisis and the federal government prefers to let the population die rather than taking real measures to aid health. Guilt of a president unable to lead the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbeltran View Post
                            I apologize to my colleagues, but I will no longer disclose numbers from covid19 in Brazil, since the data that were no longer reliable, now beyond the delays and today are not even being released, are being manipulated by the government whose president of the republic is denialist about the disease.
                            The figures released so far are a small part of the country's reality. The actual numbers, both of cases and deaths, should be between 5 and 10 times more than those released.
                            Cities are reopening trade and services even with the cases and ascending deaths.
                            I don't know what will happen in the country. I feel sorry for the ignorant people and the poor who are being left to chance.
                            Brazil is experiencing a political and economic crisis and the federal government prefers to let the population die rather than taking real measures to aid health. Guilt of a president unable to lead the country.
                            All best wishes to you and everyone in Brazil.

Is there any way you can post reliable media reports about what is going on there?

Comment

• mbeltran
                              mbeltran commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When I have some data that is at least somewhat reliable, I will be publishing it here. But the majority of the media obtain the data from the municipal and state government departments, which unfortunately are also omitting the real situation because they want to reopen trade and services.
                              But if I have something that is reliable, at least in part, I will be reporting.
                              I just won't be reporting the data that the government may be able to disclose because they are totally unfounded, without any validity.

• sharon sanders
                              sharon sanders commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks. I have changed the title to add a disclaimer on the government counts. This is the same thing we do on the China thread.

• Scroll down...this media at the link is upset about the situation.....

"With changes in schedule and deletion of data, the Ministry of Health released on Friday (5) its latest balance of confirmed cases and deaths by Covid-19 .

There are only three data highlighted:

1,005 records of deaths in 24 hours (with the increase, it goes to 35,026 the total number of deaths, which was 34,021 on Thursday)
                            30,830 cases in 24 hours (with the addition, there are 645,771 confirmed cases)
                            11,977 patients recovered in 24 hours"

https://g1.globo.com/bemestar/corona...nisterio.ghtml

Comment

• mbeltran
                              mbeltran commented
                              Editing a comment
                              As it appears on the news site you posted:
                              "New balance sheet failed to report total deaths in investigation, number of deaths in the last 3 days and other consolidated data. Federal government website with data and the entire historical series was unavailable."

That is, the data that were already underreported, are now totally false.

Just to give you an idea of what is going on here, I got sick. But I only really learned that it was the covid-19 because I, on my own, hired a laboratory that came to my residence to perform the test.
                              Even though they are sick and seen by doctors, they are not taking the tests.
                              Many people are dying without the test being carried out, and yet, with so much underreporting, the numbers are staggering.
                              Now imagine the reality.

• 672,846 cases; 35,930 deaths: https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-...ealth-ministry

Comment

Working...
                            X